VG Community Forums

San Feng: Builds and Playstyle Tips

guides

Hello!

This is the forum-built introduction to San Feng, the Patient Master. Please post your builds and playstyle tips! Don’t make it too detailed though. The idea is that a player new to San Feng can open this thread, read for a few minutes, and have a good idea of what they’re supposed to be doing.

Please use the item and role emoji in your comments: :vgitem_aftershock: :vgitem_breakingpoint: :vgroles_carry_top: :vgroles_captain:

For formatting examples, check the Ylva thread.

For San Feng wallpapers, click here.

Official San Feng Hero Spotlight:

Ok, thanks in advance for contributing to this community-built guide! :cheers_boba_t3:

San Feng Builds

Put your San Feng builds below. Please use the item and role emoji for easy browsing.

Utility Lane San Feng :vgroles_carry_mid: :vgroles_carry_top:

CORE:

:vgitem_stormcrown: :vgitem_pulseweave: :vgitem_wartreads: :vgitem_metaljacket:

SITUATIONAL:

:vgitem_celestialshroud: :vgitem_aegis: :vgitem_spellfire: :vgitem_crucible: :vgitem_fountainofrenewal:

Detailed description

This is probably the more viable build for San Feng as not only he is best in lane, but he does not have good WP or CP scaling, so building damage is not too viable on him except for maybe building ONE item. For shield you will want Aegis to more accurately protect you during your ult channel as Shroud can be controlled by the enemy. Spellfire counters healing comps and can definitely help if you do not have many mortal wounds on your team. Crucible is there if you do not need to build damage, but should definitey be built with Shroud. If the enemy team is going triple CP you can switch the Metal Jacket with either Aegis or Shroud and use the extra slot for Fountain for more healing for your team. In team fights you will be an unkillable brick wall that can eat up CC and dishes out loads of damage while you’re doing it.

added by @NinjaBryden

Chonky Stormshockweave Boi :vgroles_carry_top:

CORE:

:vgitem_stormcrown: :vgitem_aftershock: :vgitem_pulseweave:

SITUATIONAL:

:vgitem_celestialshroud: :vgitem_atlaspauldron: :vgitem_wartreads:

Details

Would be the build I’d recommend. The first three items are core items with war treads needing to be progressively built. I like Atlas because when you do get that Ult you can neutralize your opponents even more at the end of it my lowering their attack speed.

He’s a relatively simple hero as you just need to press your A whenever you want to go in and then proceed to press B directly after. He can easily make it out in a 2v1.

Max B and A. Put levels into Ult when it comes around.

added by @SideRaiderr

Catchy Title (with role)

CORE:

put item emoji here

Detailed description

Add details about this build here, i.e., build order, playstyle (poke? sustain?), possible counters and synergies

added by @ you

[add more builds here]

San Feng Playstyle Tips

Put your play style tips below, i.e., heroes San Feng counters, best ways to use San Feng’s combos, advice for landing San Feng’s abilities, etc.

Playstyle tip

Very strong in :vgroles_carry_mid:. You can use your A to eat projectiles and punish the enemy mid laner by hitting your B easily due to the long stun. Best complimented by another CC hero like Lance or Cath that can stun the enemy to make your B easier to hit. At level 12 don’t be scared of CC in team fights. If an enemy procs it your team can go in while the enemy carry/mage is stunned and punished with your B. After that, you can body block projectiles or use your ult to stun the enemy team or force a Crucible. Thanks to all of your CC immunity you can easily land your As and Bs without worrying about it. You can also counter long channeling ults like Celeste’s, Adagio’s, Magnus’ Just still try to avoid that if you can that thing is devastating, etc.

In draft, you can have a mage flex either top or mid depending on the hero that lane is facing. That wsay, you can have San fight heroes that he is best against, so if the enemy team has a Varya in mid, but say a Reza or Magnus in top, then San can swap lanes with the mage and pummel the opposing laner. Very flexible draft pick.

added by @NinjaBryden

I like Atlas because when you do get that Ult you can neutralize your opponents even more at the end of it my lowering their attack speed.

added by @SideRaiderr

Playstyle tip

added by @ you

[add more playstyle tips here]

Malene: Builds and Playstyle Tips

Personally I’ve only played :vgroles_carry_top: but it fits him really good. He’s very oppressive against heroes like Baron because you can just stand on top of the minions and wait for him to do anything then counter it, stun + nuke and it takes more than half of his HP. You just don’t give the opposite laner a chance to CS or do anything. If you’re facing a Ringo, Gwen or something like that it takes a bit more skill but it’s still relatively easy usually. B’s base damage is way too high early and mid game and the stun duration + the fortified HP lets you win even 1v2 match ups depending on the enemy heroes.

About build, I tried some damage items but I guess the one that worked the best is just completely full tank and at some point throw in an :vgitem_aftershock:. He has some ADC numbers for base health and also he doesn’t have good ratios so buying more offensive items usually works against you. I’ve found that :vgitem_pulseweave: works really good on him if bought early though. As I said he’s a bully and not having to recall and just regenerate + the passive and the stats just helps him get even more ahead of the enemies, helps you clear a bit, rotate faster and he could honestly use some bonus HP.

The OP is a wiki – please edit it to reflect your recommended builds! :grin:

@NinjaBryden I tried your utility mid lane San Feng and it worked really well! I’m usually a roam/top-laner, so playing mid is always an adventure, and especially playing mid as something other than a long-range mage, but I gave it a go.

I was up against a Samuel, which turned out to be a really good matchup for me. Predicting the double shot A was easy enough, and led to a lot of Tiger’s Bridge / Divine Fist combos, and later, Tiger’s Bridge / Master’s Lesson / Divine Fist combos, which is super effective against a squishy target, and also hilarious because it just takes so damn long to play out.

I played a second match in top lane against a Kinetic, which wasn’t a terrible counter to San Feng, but the player was very very patient and did a great job of not triggering Tiger’s Bridge, which shut down a lot of my damage and harass potential.

:vgitem_stormcrown::vgitem_aftershock::vgitem_pulseweave::vgitem_celestialshroud::vgitem_atlaspauldron: :vgitem_wartreads:

Would be the build I’d recommend. The first three items are core items with war treads needing to be progressively built. I like Atlas because when you do get that Ult you can neutralize your opponents even more at the end of it my lowering their attack speed.

He’s a relatively simple hero as you just need to press your A whenever you want to go in and then proceed to press B directly after. He can easily make it out in a 2v1.

Max B and A. Put levels into Ult when it comes around.

I added your build to the first post wiki. Would you also say San Feng is best in :vgroles_carry_top: and :vgroles_carry_mid: ?

Top lane for sure. He’s able to threaten bot laners pretty well with counter predictions and a guaranteed B with the stun.

I’ve seen an EA player playing him jungle tank , and he didn’t build the aftershock , he went piercing shard then broken myth as the only damage item , it reminded me of the old days broken myth when we used to build it first and with it alone we deal a lot of damage , so I don’t know if broken myth alone is good or not and why san feng .

Should I build malene playtips and style,

Yes. I for one would read it. I want to get better with Malene

Go for it!

:point_right: Malene: Builds and Playstyle Tips

Done! Do check it out! <3

30 chars

Thanks! I should get a good amount of games in over the next two weeks so I’ll try this out and see how I go :slight_smile:

Sure.

30 characters and looking forward