Community Tier List [4.2]

Hello hellooo, you beautiful forumers!

We’re trying a fun new thing here. Every update we’d like to make a thread - like this one! - for the community to vote on their top picks for each role. Editing wikis is pretty complex when there are lots and lots of images and words, so we’re just gonna do it with simple polls. They will open when the update drops, and we’ll close them after a week or so of voting, while people get used to the new update. Then we’ll see what everyone thought, and we’ll have a community-built tier list! :kraken_happy_t2:

:muscle: Doesn’t matter what tier you are, or how qualified you feel - just pick your top five choices for each role! :muscle:

Feel free to chat about your picks in this thread, and even to start your own tier list threads!

Happy Voting!

Community Tier List, update 4.2

• Adagio
  • Ardan
  • Catherine
  • Churnwalker
  • Flicker
  • Fortress
  • Grace
  • Lance
  • Lorelai
  • Lyra
  • Phinn
  • San Feng
  • Tony
  • Yates
0 voters

• Alpha
  • Baptiste
  • Blackfeather
  • Churnwalker
  • Flicker
  • Fortress
  • Glaive
  • Grumpjaw
  • Idris
  • Inara
  • Joule
  • Kensei
  • Koshka
  • Krul
  • Lance
  • Ozo
  • Petal
  • Reim
  • Reza
  • Rona
  • San Feng
  • Taka
  • Tony
  • Yates
  • Ylva
0 voters

• Adagio
  • Alpha
  • Anka
  • Ardan
  • Baptiste
  • Blackfeather
  • Caine
  • Catherine
  • Flicker
  • Grace
  • Grumpjaw
  • Idris
  • Joule
  • Kensei
  • Lance
  • Lorelai
  • Malene
  • Reza
  • San Feng
  • Skaarf
  • Skye
  • Tony
  • Vox
  • Yates
  • Ylva
0 voters

• Adagio
  • Anka
  • Baron
  • Caine
  • Celeste
  • Gwen
  • Kestrel
  • Kinetic
  • Lyra
  • Magnus
  • Malene
  • Samuel
  • San Feng
  • Skaarf
  • Skye
  • SAW
  • Varya
  • Vox
0 voters

• Adagio
  • Alpha
  • Baron
  • Blackfeather
  • Caine
  • Glaive
  • Gwen
  • Idris
  • Joule
  • Kensei
  • Kestrel
  • Kinetic
  • Petal
  • Ringo
  • Rona
  • SAW
  • Silvernail
  • Skye
  • Tony
  • Vox
0 voters

Best Skaarf

:fire: :skaarf:

• Default (a.k.a. Hipster)
  • ‘Water Dragon’ Skaarf
  • ‘Cloud Dragon’ Skaarf
  • ‘Ice Dragon’ Skaarf
  • ‘Rainbow White’ Skaarf
  • ‘Rainbow Tabby’ Skaarf
  • ‘Rainbow Bengal’ Skaarf
  • ‘Green Sparkler’ Skaarf
  • ‘Purple Sparkler’ Skaarf
  • ‘Blue Sparkler’ Skaarf
  • ‘Red Sparkler’ Skaarf
  • ‘Gold Sparkler’ Skaarf
0 voters
5 Likes

Love the idea, but I think that this should be done later in the patch so people can have a more valid opinion based on experience (both as playing and reading/watching VODs).

2 Likes

That’s a good point! As long as the poll is still open though, you can change your vote if you need to.

We’ll make a post to remind everyone when we’re close to closing it.

1 Like

Yep, I already voted based on expectations, but for the next one you can start it like a week in the patch and for 3 days (for example). After all it should have some time till the patch end to be more valid as reference for new players that want to see what is seen as strong.

Rip my community tier list lol (Also where is Malene in jungle)

1 Like

I really like your tier list! It’s just too hard for people to edit, with all the images and text.

Also, I didn’t want to make the list too long, so I left out Malene, thinking she was more of mid/top-laner and probably not a top 5 jungle pick? … and now I can’t edit the poll. :minions_sad_t3:

1 Like

This is off topic but… I really like that minion emote :rofl:

:minions_sad_t3: :minions_sad_t3: :minions_sad_t3: :minions_sad_t3: :minions_sad_t3: :minions_sad_t3: :minions_sad_t3: :minions_sad_t3: :minions_happy_t3:

1 Like

With that many images it was a nightmare to edit.

Surprised Anka wasn’t listed as a jungler nor Lorelai as an option for laning mid. That said, with Anka’s buff to her B on minions, she’s more viable in lane. Still a solid and pretty meta jungle pick. Lorelai can bully pretty hard as a mid CP and a top CP laner. As can Lyra. Overall, I like the options and I submitted a vote for every role.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately I don’t think there is a way for me to really make it any easier to edit

Yea I was a little caught off guard for that as Anka is a strong jungler as well…

Ok, 4.2 will be forever known as the community tier list where certain choices were left off because HipsterSkaarf is a skrub who doesn’t know better. :kraken_sad_t3: :minions_sad_t3: if you all want, though - I can redo the thread and add a couple more options. Y’all will have to re-vote though, if that happens.

• Re-do it, Hipster!
  • It’s ok, this is fine.

0 voters

As someone who commented on that, I voted that it’s fine. It can be covered in a discussion and folks who research this and want to read more can uncover more about the meta and drafting well.

Edit: by the way, @HipsterSkaarf, you cover most every reasonable pick. Excluding some as well is a good thing as it deters newer players from making bad picks. You did a great job!

3 Likes

:new_heart: :new_heart: :skaarf: :new_heart: :new_heart:

and edit: I’ve closed the re-do option poll. It is what it is!

2 Likes

She is good as a jungler, atleast at high tiers.

Lorelai should be in all roles :sunglasses:

She’s definitely best as top or captain, but she’s good enough to cover any position through to the mid game, and in late game she’ll being the same impact to team fights regardless. She should still be top lane before any other lane or jungle, but she’s safe to pick early, knowing you might have to switch up and take any other position. The jungle is the worst place for her, but that’s more because she’s really great in the lanes than bad as a jungler; she farms just fine, and is good at ganks, jungle fights, etc. but she usually has more impact if she’s a constant presence in the lanes. She’s only a bad pick when other heroes aren’t bringing enough damage and your team really needs a glass cannon.

I usually don’t get stuck taking Lorelai into the jungle, but it’s pretty normal for the draft to work in such a way that I meant to do top lane but end up somewhere else. If I’m one of the first picks I often take her just because I know I can play anywhere with her, so it gives the rest of the team a lot of flexibility.

Phew… voted for all the positions. I do realize I missed out on Lorelai in mid now. Not sure she’s the strongest there, and I probably wouldn’t have put her in my top 5, but she’s viable, and a good comfort pick when I’m feeling nervous about the rest of my comp.

I’m anxious to see what everyone’s top captain picks are!

3 Likes

How’s everyone feeling about their votes? I’ll admit I went and tweaked one of mine a couple days ago.

Thinking we’ll close voting in a few days and see the results?

5 Likes

It’s time, the next patch is not that far away now.

1 Like

Anka not being in the jungle is kinda troll.
All good though.
I look forward to seeing what the community votes for