Why reim so weak

Hello. Im a reim main :p. Honestly you need to max out your A. Alwayys stick with yiur team if you can and be sure to use that B when necessary. In team fights reim is a freggin BEAST dude. When they are all clumped together just use your A, frost them, and then use your ult. I guess reim is just op in the right hands? My reims been doing good idk

Care to share some Reim tips? build order? which heroes to avoid? Lane or Jungle?

For the build im not sure. I usually go eve of harvest, broken myth and clockwork. His gameplay THOUGH. Go jungle. I mean he could’ve laned if it wasnt for his A. Max your A first dude. Once you get that added range in you can A basicslly keep spamming your A from a safe distance and damage enemies. Avoid heroes who are hella mobil and by that i mean heroes who can move around a hero fast. A perfect exaple is black feather. I mean it doesn’t even matter that you can use your B to close him he basically moves around like a freaking monkey. In teamfights BE SURE to use maximise the use of your A. Not only well you get a bunch of fortified health, you could also land a juicy ULT or you could freeze anyone in the vicinity. Seriously dude, teamfight are freaking epic with him. I hoped that kinda help. And in my build i think you should consider what fits with you because im a bad builder lol. DO get the boots that look like sandals. You well need to run ALOT lol

Oh i forgot. If a hero is mobil or whatever i recommend your never alone unless you got a teammate with you. Oh and on the build, in matter in fact try to get eve of harvest first if you can. It well help you with the energy and also youll be getting bonjs health which is good with the fortified health. Hope that helped

Sad to see Reim so weak right now - I nearly one-tricked him through t4 to t6 in 3v3

No decent team will clump up ever, and wont miss the block with your ult.

3 Likes

Iam a reim main , and I cry every time someone pick reim in my team , he is so weak , winning against heroes who reim counters them is so big , he is struggling so hard against Melee they can out sustain him and burst him down , so useless , winning with him means enemy is bad nothing good about him right now , I would say compared to all weak heroes of all patches he is the weakest right now , people stopped playing koshka and ozo before because they were weak , reim right now is weaker than them when they were weak .

1 Like

The weakest in all VG history was Reza.

MmmMm he got fixed fast so it was a mistake probably ? I don’t remember , Iam talking about intentional nerf and stayed not hotfixed , but I agree Reza was so weak .

Even after the Hot fix he somehow managed to strike the worst win Rate and pick rate un the whole VG history at the same tine, imagine how bad he was because the Buff in the Hot fix wasnt small.

Actually I was playing Reim as well something felt off. I agree. I am going to look into it.

6 Likes

So it’s a bug ? Thanks man , I thought reim dead ! :frowning:

2 Likes

You know what? It’s exactly this level of interaction that put you above and beyond your colleagues.
I wasn’t always on board with all of your balancing decisions (in fact, I felt some stuff was way out there), but you kept talking to the community as a whole -on your free time, even- and noticed our concerns.
That sort of thing instills trust. And while I can’t expect the same kind of dedication from someone who’s got kids or elderly family members to look after, that only makes your departure more saddening.

'not sure the guys up the food chain at SEMC really realize how much you did to keep the community on board, but you’re leaving some big shoes to fill.

I guess that’s my way of saying: Bonne chance! And thanks for all the time you invested into the project and the motley crew here.

6 Likes

Please make him helllaaa tank as he should be :slight_smile:

Should’ve looked into it the first 100 times I asked… two months ago… this has been an issue since 3.3 started.
Sigh… thats all I’m gonna say about that… Reim is my favorite hero…
Serious hate/love about this issue… it made me uninstall VG, and still has me playing about 10% of the norm…
Straight up made me download Paladins on my switch and choose that over VG simply bc of the way this issue was handled.

I love the hell out of you but dammit man…
When your only reply to me was “wp Reim is a troll pick” I straight up lost my… even more so considering wp Taka got buffed simultaneously… like that isn’t just as much of a “troll pick” in every way imaginable…

2 Likes

i should’ve tagged you earlier to join while Nivmett had that “ask me anything” thread. Maybe it would’ve got looked into earlier.

Niv’s got like… a couple days of being a dev left… i hope that’s enough time.

2 Likes

I’ve told him numerous times in our discord server, I even have the issue pinned to the server down to the actual problematic issue through sheer numbers and math, which is what I copy and pasted above.
I contacted every dev I could get my hands on, hell I even started telling people like Excoundrel bc nobody would listen to me, just to try and raise community awareness.

Meanwhile Taka’s mortal strike movespeed works on every hit rather than every 4 seconds as intended (for well over a year) and that kind of stuff is “OK”… but WP Reim is “Not OK”… smfh

The only issue that has pissed me off half this bad is when Petal couldn’t spawn a third Munion for 2 months…

I’ve played over 15,000 matches of Vainglory (across multiple accounts), not including thousands of brawl modes…
I think I can properly report an issue when I see one… and there is so many issues in VG that go unnoticed it bothers the absolute hell out of me.

I have to get out of here, it’s extremely hard for me to be civil about this topic because of it being my favorite hero (I can wp Reim against T10s players) and because of being ignored… when I know every last thing about the hero there is to know.
I just wanted to show up and copy pasta the reason it’s messed up… I can’t stay here or I’ll make enemies out of loved ones and come off very unprofessional.

But just to clarify… for anyone reading… who may not know much about Reim TL:DR
Reims heroic perk is bugged, both the chill fortified health and the wp fort hp are lacking, with the latter being non existent anymore entirely.

Both are important issues because…
A) His base wp is supposed to supply more on hit fort hp than his cp does per second… (almost twice as much even with 4x cp items)… even against base level 12 defense.
B) His chill not gainning excess fort hp before he re-engages, fights, or dives. Makes him as vulnerable to teamfighting as being stunned, as well as makes his auto attacks worthless outside of his 0.6s/60% slow.

And altogether has diminished his fort hp gain down to zilch other than spires (which don’t have a massive fort hp gain unless the secondary explosion hits), which rarely ever does against any competent player not stuck in place.
Leaving a hero with some of the lowest defense in the game… without more than half of his perk which is his actual defense…

(Imagine if most of Lance’s heroic perk which negates damage stopped working except 10/50% and his base defenses were lowered… and additional cp supplied 0 additional mitigation…thats about what it feels like to use Reim atm)
And “CP lance is a troll pick” Is the last thing I would ever want to hear when reporting it.

1 Like

Can u say anything about maybe…Rona?..if u don’t know any tips that’s fine but u sound like a skilled reim

1 Like

DieNuBs #1754
Feel free to add me on discord and ask questions anytime.
(Or make a separate post and tag me)

(Would rather not discuss non thread related things here, it would be bad forum etiquette.)

1 Like