Well it's sad to see the forum's user count just dwindled over the years

Wow hadn’t realised that, why would they link to Vgfire, the sites been dead for at least a year and no longer has any relevance.

SEMC marketing teams can be incredible lazy, or just inept, be interesting to see know of the have a dedicated team because things like this matter to player retention etc.

2 Likes

As I said above, I made this at midnight so my brain was nearly dead

One. Holy hell you went ape in my balancing/rework thread (btw the SAW rework you read is 80% made by my friend, not me). That’s why I remember u.
Two: Idk if we can do this since the marketing staffs of SEMC must be hibernating right now.

Even the old forums would have many times without many people posting and when they did most of it would be off topic content. I still expect to see many more old forum users returning to our new home as the time goes by.

eSports changed drastically and from what it was told, that might leave a good bunch of the community happy because they don’t really care about eSports and SEMC no longer has that partnership deal where they pretty much pay the pro teams to play the game, instead, they can use that money for different actions.

SEMC is making the changes that people wanted (or so I hope) now that 5v5 is out.

Expect more people to come to talk about eSports, about the UI changes and all. People could also be more available during summer because school is over or like me, have been really busy these last few months.

2 Likes

Do We really need their permission though? If we were to post links ourselves it would be ok wouldn’t it? We could get some big vainglory names to post, maybe… I know Gatorrex is occasionally on here and we could probably convince someone like Jinko… If we all just post a link on twitter, assuming maybe 50% (probably more) of us use it, even if we only have a few followers… I’m noone to VG on twitter, but I still have around 40 vainglory-based followers, that’s 40 potential new people (yeah I know not all of them will join but we’ll get at least some, right?)

Also sorry about the SAW thing, I didn’t mean to come across as totally against it, SAW does need a rework, I was just trying to add some thoughtful critiques and my opinion

tbh I’m usually more active during School times than on holiday, Because I’m always away doing stuff then, whereas I never actually do anything at school… but then maybe that’s just me.

My friend made the rework with my consultance not me doing it by myself. If I did that by myself, it’d be different. (And of course, simpler)
Ps re-read the original post at the final section I just added in another reason behind his rework.

SEMC seems to have abandoned us, closing the official VGForum and spending all of the money running the OVGF on teams that they kicked out and lost the money.

What about me? :frowning:
I consider myself an active user…
I also was present in the old forums though I never really posted anything…

Oh well.

1 Like

Same answer to the dudes above. I put the … in my thread bro. Sometimes, it’s not advised to write post after midnight.

1 Like

Actually the vgfire was from support team. I complained to them for lack of ingame information and they directed me there.

1 Like

Just rechecked VGF and the stats are updated to this patch.

It was dead for a long time, but there’s been a recent attempt to revive it. I believe it coincided, time wise, with the announcement that the official forums were closing.

2 Likes

Still doesn’t mean they should promote them let them use vainglory in the name and not us

We can see that we are somewhat way better than them. We have a coach for Renegades here for God’s sake (idmonfish)

Time wise, it ain’t good at all. Not until OVGF had been closed that was the info on VGF updated. What? When we needed the stats from VGF the most then we didn’t have it but when we didn’t need it anymore, it was updated. Just smh.

I’m honored to be among the “cool kids” but I mostly just shitpost, really. I suppose that counts as being “active”…

I was also pretty present on the OG forums, although I mostly lurked and laughed at all the salt. I’ll be sticking around here for a while as long as there’s posts and it’s relatively garbage-free, so you can be sure there’ll be at least one of us hanging around.

2 Likes

Listing names feels cliquey, but that’s just me.

2 Likes

It’s true, he should have just stopped after “hazeleyes” :gwenrainbowbarf:

5 Likes

Okie

This text will be blurred