Update 4.3 impression

Post your impressions here

Caine is not buffed they just fixed (the text) his numbers to match the reality .
The exit button is for something coming up , so we expecting a hotpatch .

lets make a big title for this update “Leo and the crashes” , people keep connecting them , Leo is the reason of the crashes (they say) .

1 Like

Caine was not fixed: his range got increased by 2, it was intended to be 9 (in 4.2) at max range, but the bug made it be less than that. Now it has 11 range, which is a buff added to the bug fix. His base damage and WP ratio got increased, so yes, Caine got buffed (and a lot).

Aparently only the range was changed, the ratio and damage is still the same, but last update It didnt appered correctly in the description of the ability.

… how they wrote that wrong?.. Anyway, his range was fixed and buffed (except it it was intended to be 11 in 4.2 and they wrote it wrong too)

His range was bugged like Baron’s, but fixing it increase It. They fixed both the text and the range (in theory).

1 Like

It’s a buff to already strong hero. Doesn’t matter if it was intended or not - his range was X and he was strong, now it’s higher and WP ratios buff… so?

4.3 impression. Just ban vox and caine.

His ratios weren’t changed, the text was wrong, so they just fixed it, but the damage hasn’t changed.

How you know that for sure? I mean, I doubt you checked ingame for the exact number at 4.2? :slight_smile:

Vox? CP is meh and WP still the worst bot laner apart from SAW

2 Likes

His burst is annoying. Espescially if the team decides to feed him in late game. .

Shinkaigan confirmed it. The only thing affected in terms of gameplay is his range.

Ok, tho I would have a slight doubt towards something coming from SEMC. Still a buff for him tho xD

WP vox needs some base dmg buff to be viable again… can you make him work? Ofc, but (given your skill is similar among the heroes) you will achieve more with other WP carry.
What killed him most is the BP nerf… actually BP right now is rarely build and underperforms. That item needs a buff, not over the top one, but slight buff.

1 Like

Annoying? His burst? He has 1 damage hability since his AA deal little damage, so banning him is just… He is not ban worthy.

10 posts were split to a new topic: WP Heroes in 4.3

Not really. His late game. Once he is stacked from attacking in backline. And his bounce is annoying. His ult can go up to more than 700 and silence for a while.

In regards to stats not being shown correctly, so they actually have to manually type them down? I’d imagine they’d make common ability stats like ratios and base damage more modular and have the stat pages take the numbers from those variables and show them. Just seems easier and less prone to mistakes.

Caine is pick/ban. I have no idea what they were thinking but he’s super broken right now, with almost no weaknesses and more burst then dedicated assassins from range.

Leo is pretty garbage. If you’ve got an eye for balance, it was pretty much immediately apparent that we was going to be bad from his numbers alone. An 8 second 90 base damage ability is hot garbage (GJ B gives 40 bonus damage + 30% attackspeed for 5 seconds at level 1, cooldown of 7). To put it into perspective, if you were exclusively using Leo A and Kinetic A at level 1 with no items, Kinetic would close to double his damage. His base health is lower than Kinetic too, although his armour is slightly higher. His movespeed and range is nice, but his laning phase is still very abusable. His perk is also really bad; even with a spellsword, you can’t maintain his movement speed stacks with only his A. Jet Cyclone, to put it simply, is just a worse Rona A. It’s laggy and it’s slow AOE is tiny, with its only saving grace being that it has a really big WP Ratio (for some reason). His C isn’t particularly great either. The dash version sucks, it’s too short for an ultimate and can easily be walked away from after he lands since he can’t immediately act out of it, which means you’re still going to have to use your boots or your B to reach the enemy. The cleave version is better, but a lot of the time you’re dead by the time you can use it. He loses lane in both top and bot and gets a little better around late game, but falls off again because he’s melee.

The two builds I’ve tried are SM BS top and SM TB BP SSw bot. The 4 damage build is better simply because you act as a gimpy assassin instead of being a bruiser in the game known as VG. Your only real combo is to try to jump behind them across a wall (because jumping into them is a flop), then ulting as many people as you can towards your team and then using your A as soon as you get out of the animation while they’re clumped.
If you get crucibled you die.

In all honesty though I’d rather have a Leo than another Caine or Kinetic and especially another Grumpjaw. His kit does have pretty obvious counterplay although it’s a bit boring that it’s the usual ‘CC and Explode from 9 range’.

They still haven’t figured out how to balance Varya which is really cute. Although the barrier change is good, it doesn’t get to the core of the problem; Varya lifestealing off of her chain lightning is extremely powerful and giving it to her at level 1 with blue buff means that she has a surprisingly strong laning phase. They either need to flat out change blue buff (this is what I would do) or reduce her lifesteal on chains to 50% on minions. Maybe both.

Leo: yeah… let’s completely ignore his ratios and late game scaling. He isn’t an early game bully, he is a late game scaling hero, so comparing his early game to GJ, who is a pure early game hero makes no sense. Late game he obliterates entire team unless hard cced. It seems like you haven’t faced a good Leo. He is so far perma banned, so I will disagree about him being garbage.