Update 4.3 impression

I don’t disagree that he does great damage late game, but against good teams that damage is difficult to utilise. Not only is he squishy but his mobility is pretty bad. It’s also important to remember he is taking your bot lane slot (since he gets completely dumpstered top lane, you can’t really build 4 offence up there). Would you rather have a Leo that comes online at three items but can still be deleted off one random CC ability or have the much safer Kinetic, Gwen or Baron who don’t do as much burst damage but are safer and can hold their own in lane. To me, the answer seems pretty obvious.

The same could be said for kensei.

Kensei is also pretty bad. His risk isn’t worth his reward compared to Kinetic.

What’s your point here.

Kensei is one of the strongest bot laners, i though you new that, otherwise my argument makes no sense then.

I have yet to play 4.3 yet. I have seen the new ‘free’ tab, and as @hazeleyes did, I also went :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: when seeing it. I will say this, it’s a nice relief to get to those free chests a lot easier.

From what I’m hearing, Leo perhaps isn’t a permaban if you draft good cc?

I wish

Summary

This text will be hidden

I’ve played BF top and Kensei top with lots of success in T10. But that’s just me. Leo does feel… weak? He’s really squishy for a front liner so he really really likes Serpent Mask. I’ve decided to go all in with the CDR so I’ve been trying SM BP SSW BS with Halcyon Chargers and Aegis. He likes BP way more than BS and he likes the ratios more than he needs pierce. Once he gets some decent attack speed you can start animation cancelling his auto attacks then following up with abilities, which allows him to get more damage out. His ult doesn’t apply BS stacks which sucks, so BP is just good on him.

1 Like

Kensei is tier A in bot

As a graphic designer, I’m curious why the free tab looks so bad to you. Not saying you’re wrong for feeling that way, just wondering why?

1 Like

Sorry, not to be rude, but… lol? You can’t find anything wrong with it and when we are at it, the oversized ugly and low res second chest that is also part of it at the end, btw?

lol… I never said I didn’t see anything wrong with it. I’m curious why people hate it so much that they use vomit emojis to describe it.

1 Like

There is different borders around the chests that is only there and looks bad, there is misalignment and just not miixng well to the coming soon and watch AD. Also the style of the free chests and watch AD/coming soon are clearly different and does not mix well too. Can continue, but tbh to be asked such a question is kinda insulting, especially coming for a gfx designer that should know better and explain 30 things more wrong with it than us. Also the main menu looks bad with all those lines where free is also thrown, but I digress.

Edit: not to be rude, but as SEMC ambassador it looks kinda not cool to ask us such a question (I certainly find it as defending them, I know it’s not that, I am just telling what my first impression is) instead of “bashing” the bad design with better details from a technical (experience) stand point. :slight_smile:

LOL how the hell is it insulting for me to ask? There are tons of graphics hiccups and style discrepancies all over the app that people DON’T vomit over, but this one, they do. I’m interested - as a professional - in what it is about this modal that specifically makes it so troubling for some folks in this forum. The answer looks to be density of small mistakes and disunity of elements, rather than the elements themselves. That’s an important distinction. Now please don’t insult ME by thinking I’m out here insulting you. This is a conversation. Did you miss the part where I said Veritas wasn’t wrong to feel that way? Jesus.

2 Likes

Why you think noone said a lot of bad things over the other UI problems? When first released it was discussed quite a lot and how bad it is vs the old UI, so it’s safe to say we all did express how bad it is. This is just another example and more lamely done even vs some of their other UI decisions (more mistakes into a single tiny popup window). To me even a total amateur can tell it does not look good, so I can’t understand how this ended up a thing into the final release. Without being arrogant, I can do a lot better design with my limited experience with UI/2d design. My opinion ofc.

This is the last I’ll say on it - you’re misreading everything I’m saying. I never said I see nothing wrong with the ‘free’ pop-up, I never said it was unreasonable to not like it, and I never said no-one ever complained about other UI features. My question has only ever been about the reasons behind the severity of the reaction to this particular UI element.

2 Likes

I am sorry if I offended you, didn’t mean to. Well, even so I listed quite a few reasons for my disliking, didn’t I? You can just tell yours and go forward from there.

The free tab is actually ok for me. I prefer the funcionality it gives , and it looks ok. I think semc gets trashed for ui too much unfairly. Game always looked good to me atleast. Only thing i really dont like is new friends tab from last patches which looks worse and function worse than before.

Hello there! Absolutely. To me, my first impression was that they simply zoomed in on low res images of what they wanted in each slot of the pop up. Just came across as lazy to me. Perhaps the emoji is unnecessary, maybe :laughing: instead. But I love emojis, especially the vomit club. :man_shrugging:

@cha0z - I’m with Hipster on this. You definitely misread. As the user he/she was directing his/her post at, I felt nothing defensive toward SEMC from what was asked of me. It was a completely innocent ‘why’ to my dislike - to elaborate as to why, from the own curiosity of a graphic designer. Never disagreed with me. Never presented an opinion for that matter. Just asked a question. Slow down the next time you read a post!

2 Likes

I still have really mixed opinions on Leo. I haven’t played him, but I’ve run against him plenty.

I’ve had the most face time with him when I’ve been playing Inara and invading his jungle, in which case he’s trash. Inara is a thief, not a bully, but she can bully him out of his jungle fairly easily before stealing it. I run run from level 1 fights with most heroes, but Leo needs to run from me. He really only seems to be a threat at level 10+, and only if he’s fed.

I don’t know why I run against him in the jungle so much. He really doesn’t deal well with low-level jungle 1v1 from what I’ve seen. In lane, he’s more meh. He can be dangerous on the enemy team, but not sure I want him on my team either.

Caine seems to be the one to beat this patch. It’s a shame, because he’s sort of a fun style, but unless I. #1 pick I probably won’t get to play him.

Other than that, it doesn’t really feel like much changed. I’ve been running into more trolls than before, but that might just be bad luck.

Hmm I cant find the thread that had the discussion on the newly made exit button for the reward screen but heres to the people who were talking about it.

I wonder what its gonna be :mask:

2 Likes