Took a while but I am finally here to answer any questions I am allowed to answer

Ah, it’s alright, ty for the response

Problem is that we only have 41 heroes while others have 70-80 or even more heroes. We can’t compare to them. If you do so then double the current win rate differential and you’ll see. But anyway you are outnumbered by 1 to 5-25 compared to other gaming company so whatever. Just hear your community and actually stand back for a while before a decision and boom.

Doubling that differential because they have more heroes is not accurate data AT ALL. XD Also if you want to compare to other games such as mobile legends and AoV which are comparable and on the same platform you will find my point STILL stands. If you want to compare to LoL during a time they had about the same heroes (Season 0 which I participated in) you will find my point still stands. To just say “balance is horrible” without any data is like someone saying “The Earth is flat.” and makes face palm almost just as hard. lol XD

6 Likes

The Earth is flat >:P
also, hi niv

But balancing has been good I can’t think of anything to change from the top of my head or anyone particularly OP besides Lyra (too much of a versatile kit), Grace (power creeped), and maybe a reduction on how much DPS Kinetic can do, but nothing much.

I mean like we have the same heroes META for 5+ patches while other heroes were META for like 3 or 4 patches and gone.

I can confirm tha Nivmett has done an excellent job on balance. On the old forums, I compared Dota 2, LoL, and VG for balance based on top 3 and bottom 3 distance part. VG is consistly better balanced than those games. Falling on the excuse that VG has less heroes is just not relevant. VG has the amount of heroes it has. Nivmett doesn’t control that. Your goal appears to be as confrontational as possible. At this point, I wish the Devs would limit your participation in this thread.

6 Likes

Besides some heroes just being versatile af like Vox, we the players create the meta by choosing the most optimal hero. By optimal it takes account for how hard it is to play the hero. Blackfeather is WAYYY stronger than Glaive. But Glaive is meta because he is easy to play and still does chunks of damage. A great Blackfeather can 1v1 literally anyone and can possibly even kite and burst a Krul. Blackfeather is on the verge of being meta though once Reza and Glaive fall back down once again. 1v1 between Glaive and Blackfeather is super nice to watch and for good reasons. SAW won’t be meta anytime soon again if thats what you are specifically hoping for lol.

3 Likes

Also the limitations of skill and ability to counter play against a hero is why pro meta is completely different from mid tiers.

2 Likes

I appreciate the compliment. I would love to see that post you made someday =D

Found it!

I was wrong and just looked at the top and bots hero, but did discuss the bottom 3 in VG and explained why they were the bottom 3.

Also, notice who I was replying to…

4 Likes

Rek’sai lol, haven’t seen one of those in forever…
Also, getting bashed for no reason is probably why most of the devs left the old forums lel…

2 Likes

I Second That. You should be Proud. and without you even announcing it, I already knew this fact. Keep up the good work~! It’s only going to get harder… and harder…

After playing so many moba’s… the balancing was the FIRST thing i noticed when i picked up Vainglory. it really is much more balanced than every other moba out there. I din’t look up stats. I didn’t read up on reviews or anything. This is purely from a player experience, that I actually FEEL the difference.

3 Likes

META is created by patches and player preference. When a hero prefered by the community becomes too weak, players look to other heroes and the first heroes they look to are the one who were buffed, then the untouched.

1 Like

But after all, it’s still better and you’re outnumbered by other teams from other companies so :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

What do you think of more buff/debuff supports? Would it be fine to have some more heroes with buff/debuff mechanics instead of stuns, barriers and heals? Also have you ever tried a team full of roams clearly not all building roam but like Cath, adagio, fort, etc?

2 Likes

Its actually a smaller than 10% differential this patch even. (o^_^)b

I think it would be cool as long as the buff/debuffs werent hard to see and very clear.

I appreciate that so much! It will definitely get harder as you said but I will do my best to maintain the same level of balance that I expect from us. <3

Our highest win rate globally is fortress at 54% and the lowest is roughly 45% so ~9% differential. :slight_smile: