Took a while but I am finally here to answer any questions I am allowed to answer

Well we now have hybrid defense in slumbering husk so that also triggered me to ask the question.

Do you thing %20 more healing is too much for one item? It seems too good with hero’s like adagio and grace. I like it, but I want to know what you think.

Does Lorelai’s stun duration and slow strength have a cap?

I am curious to know why Skaarf’s perk can crit? I am pretty sure the CP does not crit, so unless he is wp (LOL), what’s the point of that addition?
Like I have never seen it, ever, be useful.

1 Like

Sort of off-topic, but who composed the original soundtrack for the game?

Well skaarfs perk deals % damage and crits will trigger the burn.

Wp Skaarf though not standard isn’t all that bad. His base damage is wp and it can crit. A tornado trigger Skaarf can deal a whole lot of burn damage. Open up with fireball and spam auto attacks on that target. You will deal sick damage but your range will be way shorter and your skill damage will lack scaling.

Two flags in a Q&A thread with a dev. :man_facepalming: On the flip side, there is a suggested thread on manners on this thread too.

I think once before i saw Nivmett talk about crit skaarf but i cant remember the reasoning behind it. Maybe it was on the old forums

VG gamers are calling for SEMC to commit the proper resources needed to properly balance the game. Having 2-3 people balance a MOBA is clearly insufficient. Most MOBA’s have 2x-5x that team size.

Matchmaking and hero balancing are both a nightmare.

TBH matchmaking and hero balancing is already pretty good atm (courtesy to SEMC’s hard work) and humans are not supermachines. It isn’t their fault either if they can’t hire enough people because SEMC is a small company and is largely unknown to many. If you ask MOBA-mobile gamers, most of them never heard of VG and it is also not their fault that they can’t get enough players to play their game.

And you should have seen 3.0. Matchmaking was a nightmare and hero balance was all over the place. Winrates are perfect except for Grace atm and hero balance is more or less decent. Look at Mobile Legends when Kagura was OP for over half a year and she still is. Fanny has been OP forever. Or even Lauriel and Violet in AOV.

And it is not like Tier 10s are being matched with Tier 4s.

Is it?

4 Likes

Tis joke >:(
Also, third flag below :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Side Note, My earlier comment was flagged and removed, without having any comments that violate community guidelines. Pretty pathetic IMHO.

Not really, man. It was flagged because your post was rude, and because your criticism was already addressed in Nivmett’s earlier response. On top of that, when a post gets hidden, you have the option to unhide it by editing to make it more appropriate. You’ve done that, and your comment is now a lot more fair and productive. I don’t think that’s pathetic at all, and is exactly how a forum is supposed to work. Now, can we not derail any more? :vgcheersx2:

7 Likes

Folks, let’s please keep this thread on-topic, which is questions for Niv and his answers. If you want to complain about the forum or the moderation, please take it to the appropriate category and start a topic there.

4 Likes

I pray for this chat to get back to how it was… Ask questions and if Nivmett wants to answer, he can.

Anyways, Why can skaarf crit with his Fan the Flames perk, i started to play VG when the NightShadow Taka skin was released and never knew if Wp skaarf was a thing?

Yes 1 second and 50%
(30 characters)

What you wan’t is not more live balance designers but more testing time. Time is not something easily attained. We release new content every single month. This by any moba standard is a breakneck speed. This means we have 2- 3 weeks time to implement all balance changes, test them, iterate on them and then lock them.

Our win rates are and have historically been better than any other moba out there. (Bit I am proud of) There is a smaller differential between the highest win rate hero and lowest win rate hero than any other moba out there. =) Matchmaking has nothing to do with the balance team.

Mind you this patch is a little crazy due to the adding of so many vectors such as new items and 5v5 meta shifts but with more data we can make better choices.

Opinions are important but opinions should never trump data. Thats how actual imbalances happen. =)

5 Likes

LOL So originally there was spose to be an attack speed build for skaarf but after his perk was changed to scale with CP that was never removed.

Btw Skaarf has one of the coolest crit animations in the game.

2 Likes

OmG Yeessssss, i saw and heard the crit for Rainbow Skaarf and i love itt!

2 Likes

This is probably not in your field, but for our recent event the final prize is the blueprint and all the rewards are one time (like it won’t reset the next day) right?

I have no clue on this one. Sorry =/