Such a beautiful game... but

Nah nothing like that here. The talents are only for brawl modes. Tbh just ignore them. Dont spend anything on talents cos youre new.

Just goes to show how the whole “talents”-debacle alienates even new players. That’s sad, really. Especially since Brawl-Modes did have potential to be fun, and a worthwhile addition to the game.

4 Likes

Just couldn’t help shitting on other MOBAs even when there’s no reason to huh.

Joystick is actually the more practical choice - the market

Please don’t argue competitiveness with VG players. They play 2 games and think they know everything. It’s funny because the same could be said about VG vs DOTA/LoL. They can’t see how flawed their logic is so don’t bother with that.

Actually what I was trying to do was show that whichever control system you are used to is what seems normal to you - but whats normal to you may be utterly foreign to someone else.

In other words - if you try a different control schema for awhile you will probably most of the time acclimatise to it - even though it will seem weird and awkward at first.

2 Likes

I play with two hands lol.

Seriously…

Joysticks work better on handheld phones indeed.

I wouldn’t play a real game on my phone just brawl modes…

I play with an iPad mini, it’s perfect in terms of screen size and controls. I can play anywhere, which usually involves me horizontal on the couch.

Understand what you mean re joystick but, how would I activate abilites? For example I need to target lock enemy on Skye before i use her B etc, it just wouldn’t work.

I can’t imagine playing VG on phone like on a bus or something. Placing it on a table and tapping on it like fruit ninja seems really weird. Luckily I found a way hold and play. You’re using tablet as well right? How do you play it?

Knees up tablet slightly tilted.

2 Likes

Vg just take a lot more skill. Stutter stepping and kiting is the best part of the game.(To me)

You can out play another hero with skill. Not just point and shoot.

If you’re playing with a tablet, try playing with your phone. I can play anywhere with my phone and like it over a tablet.

My right hand was hurting after the first month of AoV playing but it seems to have fixed itself now. I guess my thumb muscles have adapted after 1800 matches.

A mini (which they don’t make anymore) seems like the best gaming device. I’m sure there are other ones too.

I do think a lot of the divide is between phone and tablet users - I’m a tablet user to my hands don’t really get in the way - but I can see how thumbsticks might work better on a small device like a phone.

2 Likes

I have been wishing for Apple to release something like a Mini Ipad Pro I think that would be the ideal gaming device.

2 Likes

You’ll have arthritis by the time you’re 40!! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

There are a lot of reasons an iPad with a screen size around that of the much-missed mini makes sense. (I’m a drone pilot, and I’m hanging onto my mini 4 for dear life.) I wish they’d do exactly that: make a Pro version with 120 fps, TrueColor, etc. and promote its suitability for gaming, maybe even featuring a dock like the Switch. Nintendo has proven there’s a “there” there for a medium-screen portable gaming device.

3 Likes

So I finally got around to actually playing the game. It was great fun up until I hit level 5 and then I think I had like 10 losses in a row.

I don’t exactly know how you play the game with two hands. One hand for special abilities and one hand for movement and attacks?

Anyway, it seems at level 5 everyone was so much better and it was overwhelming. At one point there were three of us against one enemy and he just stood there and wouldn’t die. Seriously?

I’m not quite at the point of unistalling yet.

There’s a serious learning curve involved. Don’t let that scare you off - it is part of what makes the game rewarding to play in the first place. That moment when it finally clicks, and you understand how to play a certain hero.

It’s rare to see someone be stationary and 1vs3. That sounds like you were either facing off against Reim / Krul / Rona or playing a Brawl mode (or both).
There’s solutions to all of that, and every hero can be countered in certain ways. This is not the best patch, balance-wise, but I’m reasonably sure a lot of the actual issues will be fixed soonish.

So yeah, hang in there. If you are playing on the EU servers, feel free to drop me a message. Other than that, these forums are a great place for advice.

Edit:

There’s no set way to go about this. Personally, I use one hand to hold the device, and just one index finger for input. That seemed natural to me, but your mileage may vary.
If you use both hands and thumbs for input, I guess the thumb of your strong hand is still for most of the movement commands, auto-attacks and aiming abilities. The other thumb helps with stutter-stepping and active items.
This is really just a mildly educated guess, though, and you have to find out what works best for you.

Were you attacking a saw? alpha krul or Reim? Any of those can take a huge besting as long as they keep attacking.

I don’t know, I barely know the hero I’m playing myself :D.

I suspect it was a level difference. Sometimes AoV games can snowball and your enemies become too fed and virtually unstoppable.

I don’t know good or bad heroes but I spent some “ice” on a plant-like little mage that seems fun and has some sort of heal too - this is the type of hero I always play.