Such a beautiful game... but

you can play with one hand

if you can use your five finger with great accuracy and expertise…

i’m still far from that level so i use two hand instead

I have been playing AoV recently, and, while I have some fun with it, I feel more mechanically in control playing VG. I know that’s probably totally backwards from the truth but there’s something about it that resonates with me.

I think its possible for SEMC for adding virtual pad features just like common moba like AoV, ML, etc. I’m a programmer and also a gamer, I have tried many matches on these games, its possible but these features will increase VG’s storage requirements and VG will be just a common mobile moba with the best graphics.

I honestly wouldn’t mind if they added it, I’d 100% use both in different circumstances.

You all have good points. I do disagree with AoV somehow being less strategic than VG. There is virtually no way to progress too far without actual teamplay.

Someone claimed the VG community is toxic but so far I haven’t really noticed that.

I’ll get into some actual battles this weekend and see how it feels (mostly overwhelming atm. :D).

2 Likes

There is quite a lot to take in with any new moba - my first experiences with AoV were similar.

You having come from a 5v5 moba will probably have better macro play than many 3v3 players - they will have the edge in terms of technical skill. What type of role and hero do you enjoy playing? It might be that the folks here can offer some suggestions.

I am a legendary Alice main so support/mage role and tank in a clutch if no one else wants to do it. But really I am a crowd controlling mage,

Okay have you tried Baptiste? His kit seems to suit that style of play to me. He is a melee mage whoses A throws an AOE ball of fire his B creates a ring around a single target doing damage and if they leave the ring they are stunned his ult is a skillshot directional fear. The most interesting thing about his kit is the empowerment mechanic - where after doing a certain number of hits his damage and healing is significantly increased for a short period of time.

He works in top lane and jungle I think in 5v5.

I’ll check him out. Usually mages go mid lane, marksman and tank top (or wherever the big jungle monster is), assasin jungles and warrior goes bot lane but it might be very different in Vainglory with shops and other things to think about.

Its prety common for a damage focused mage like Celeste or Skaarf to go mid. But its also common for top to be tankier and utility focused which suits Baptiste especially as he has good sustain as well.

The comp in vg will generally goes like this(based on crystal and weapon buff monsters location), but ofc you can play any hero wherever you want
Top : crystal
Mid : crystal
Bot : weapon
Jungle : weapon
Support

So if you like mages you probably will play in top or mid lane.
Zoning mages : celeste and skaarf
Tank/cc mages : Baptiste and reim
Kiting/mobile mages/crystal snipers : samuel, varya, vox, skye, and idris

For the builds as a mage you generally need 4 offensive items, a defense (reflex block/aegis most of the time) and boots

dragon’s eye, eve of harvest, clockwork, broken myth (celeste, skaarf, samuel, skye)
alternating current, dragon’s eye, eve of harvest, broken myth (varya, vox, idris)
dragon’s eye, clockwork, broken myth (baptise)
dragon’s eye, eve of harvest, broken myth (reim), both baptise and reim need 2 defense items because they’re tank mages

Uhh generally top is wp and jungler is cp because there isn’t too many good wp junglers who can traverse and farm through out the 5v5 map efficiently.

BUILDING ON THIS
Also WP Junglers are usually a bit more damage oriented, while CP Junglers are more CC oriented. Less gold means a Jungler probably isn’t the best for straight up damage, but they are great for CC (esp for ganks)

There are exceptions like Taco, ofc, but he’s CP so…

1 Like

Nothing like that. Both CP and WP are damage/cc oriented. Theres krul, glaive wp who have cc, and theres taka, alpha who are pure damage

CP characters naturally have more CC. This is because they have power in their abilities. To compare, take
The standard sniper, Ringo
vs
The standard mage, Skaarf

Although they both only have slows, Skaarfs is much stronger.
I could say something similar about our melee sticky characters, Reim and Krul. Reim has much more CC, and Krul has more speed.

Even with assassins, the only one with CC is a CP Assassin.

Before we continue I think I found something disturbing (please tell me I’m wrong).

In order to unlock the full hero it is not enough to buy him/her/it, you also have to pay Clash Royale-style for chests which may or may not have your hero’s epic or legendary “talent” thus making the whole game p2w?

Wrong.

Talent is not integral to a heroes itself and is Brawl exclusive.

May i suggest you to play fps or rpg instead of vg if you need joystick

Yeah fortunately you are wrong.

Thats true only in brawl modes which have talents which strengthen or change the abilities and yes do add a pay to win aspect to those modes, modeled on Clash Royale.

In standard game modes (ie 5v5 Casual, 3v3 Ranked, 3v3 Casual and when it comes next patch 5v5 Ranked) talents are not available and there are no pay to win aspects (beyond the acquistion of heroes - which can be done entirely FTP).

Well that’s a relief, I was worried. Apart from other reasons I stopped playing ML because you can buy skins which gives an health advantage.

I do spend money on games, so it’s not that. I’ve bought a few heroes in AoV.