Such a beautiful game... but

That’s Petal, and she’s very fun to play. She is versatile, with two varieties of ranged attack (her munions and her own spell-casting), a way to jump into or out of fights, and a damaging ult which also heals.

Unfortunately, I don’t have an EU account or I’d be glad to team up with you and play some matches together. I think that’s a good way to learn: find someone to play with who can give you tips/advice after a match. I wish VG had better in-game tools to find people to play with, tbh, but one way to do that is to send a friend request at the end of a match to someone who you thought played well. Most people will accept a friend request if they had a good match, and often they’ll be glad to chat with you afterwards to offer advice.

If you decide to stick with it, you’ll find VG is a very rewarding game – because it is so deep and does require much more of a player than games like AoV or ML.

1 Like

Moba perfected to touch having a joystick :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it. VG has one of them most fluid conditions controls I’ve ever seen in a mobile game.

VG has a bit of a …compassionate community. There’s ALOT to learn before one can suggest “good” features or suggestions. Don’t take it the wrong way if you’ve get lots of negative or constructive criticism.

Welcome to new fourms and see you on the fold. (Or the rise? Gahhh 5v5 meme name)

1 Like

for moving, i kinda just drag my thumb across my phone screen, if im playing lane i just change to rapidly tapping for stutterstepping

i use my other hand for attacks in general, since its my dominant hand.

also, for the hero who wouldnt die, here are some tips

if its a Krul (dead guy with a sword through his chest), you either buy an atlas to decrease his attack speed or kite him

if its a SAW (buff soldier with a giant gun), you jump on him when he has no stacks, if he does, throw a lot of stuns

if its a Reim (old dude with a staff who uses ice), kite him and stay out of melee, he gains fortified health with his attacks

if its a Rona (viking woman who spins), just… dont touch her while spinning.

if its an Alpha (robot lady who is a nuclear bomb), keep moving and dont let her land her A on you, also stay out of range.

or ya know, just burst them down (not recommended against Reim and a spinning Rona)

1 Like

I decided to delete the game. This is of course a shame since I like the heroes and the graphics and everything else but it isn’t worth it to fight the controls.

There’s really no fight there… but then again, I feel the same way about virtual joysticks that you seem to feel about touch controls.

Just… if you think about it for a moment: You are playing a game on a touch panel. Maybe touch controls are the more appropriate solution.

1 Like

Fair enough - its not for everyone - I hope you find a game that does suit you and the control schema you are used to.

1 Like

That’s a shame. The controls are some of the best for me. On tablet I use my index fingers and I just rapidly tap to move around and depending on enemy position I switch fingers for abilities. On phones I do the same, but with my thumbs. I just wonder how u were playing as I think I could have maybe helped u find a more comfortable way to play.

Btw there is a video semc mentioned eyetrack controls. That would be supreme. Hope they will do it in the next 1-2 years. https://youtu.be/-loSG4kvYr0

The idea of this alone just sent me into deep space. That’s insane.

Edit: I’m dumb.

1 Like

If semc had 5v5 like a year ago, none of this wouldve happened, they would literally have every single moba player in this game, but mlbb and aov 5v5 had to come out before them and take all the people.

That is an april fools joke hahahaha

Wow I feel stupid as hell, thank you.

Honestly to answer this post in the most correct form you have to look at where the MOBA genre started. The genre started on a Blizzard’s StarCraft as a mod called Aeon of Strife, because of starcrafts system of movement and limitations this started the base work for MOBA. From there Blizzard created another game that maps could be built called Warcraft 3 this followed the same movement patterns and Defense of the Ancients(DOTA) was born. These mods became popular but had a huge drawback, the creators couldn’t make any money.

The standalone MOBA was introduced Demigod which was a instant tank. From there a DOTA developer teamed up with riot games and LoL was born. All these games since have been in competition against not only each other but the popular free DOTA map for Warcraft 3 and the only way to do so was to create game mechanics that were similar but different enough to convince people to play.

I’ve been a long time player of a mobile MMORPG game that is joystick controlled (played over 2500 hours… my old iPad literally had a dent in the screen where the joystick controls were lmao).

When I started playing Vainglory, it was so intuitive; the touch controls just made sense, even though I was used to joystick.

But when I downloaded MLBB and more recently, AoV, I just couldn’t get used to the joystick controls for a MOBA style game. It was just so inaccurate. To auto a hero, you have to select which one manually from a panel, which takes too much time in a team fight. Or you can set it to automatically focusing based on HP, proximity, etc but all this really would depend on the scenario, so setting it as auto is out of question. Honestly, it was really clunky (I played MLBB for about 2-3 months, and AoV for 2-3 weeks).

However, something I did enjoy from these games were their achievement and reward systems. Our skin system in VG is much, much better for F2P, but I’d like to see getting a free skin from attaining a certain rank each season in VG too… amongst some more events. Our quest system is so stale compared to these games, which is really a shame.

3 Likes

Warcraft is older than starcraft…
You mean warcraft 2…

Warcraft 3, and its expansion frozen throne.

You can’t just state warcraft when there are 5 different warcraft games …

Sorry i missed a number there, though anyone who would have read my full post should be able to understand but i edited it now

2 Likes