Regular title

My regular title is gone.
No notification no mentioned punishment…

It just suddenly is gone…

What gives? Why are there no mentions regarding this?

1 Like

You can lose it if you don’t keep up with the requirements after a two-week grace period, after getting it. The system does it automatically and the moderators wouldn’t know to notify you.

The most likely cause is your recent increase in flagged posts, as there is a maximum you can have in a certain time period.

3 Likes

Still that totally blows because there is no warning nothing…

Just keep being good, helping others out and taking care of the community. It may return.

Mind marking @Moose’s reply as “Solved”, please?

2 Likes

Regular (3)

Regulars are the most active readers and reliable contributors over long periods of time.

They can get to trust level 3 by…

This is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days…

must have visited at least 50% of daysmust have replied to at least 10 different topicsof topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)must not have been suspended

• These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of these must be true.

Unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements, whether from flagging or the passage of time, you will be demoted to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/5

1 Like

I have 5 flags ugh…

Never mind all other things. 5 flags on 5 posts in two months outweighs the hundreds of likes…

Out of all this I lose regular on the flags because people bash me and I retaliate which I have to do cause I can’t rate funny…

I hate this system. Flagging should go. Secretive bull…

I lose regular on 0.41% of my posts. Never mind that over 50% of my posts are liked…

Just some friendly advice - just because someone “bashes you” doesn’t mean you must retaliate. If you lost regular, you can get it back. Instead of being upset about it, be proactive about the situation and make some progress towards earning it again. You’ll be alright, friend.

Instead of bashing people back report them if it is that bad.

Flag system is built into forum software and helps out the staff that are putting in all their work for free

The problem is that people just keep coming. There are no quick clean ways of responding and flagging is a cowards way out. Useful in some regards but not in personal conversations.

Simple answers don’t exist we have the character restrictions and no other things than likes…

The old forum was twice as good as this one in this regard. Everything was open. When you rated something that was visible. Now people flag and that’s that.

@dream the problem is activity. The more active I am the more likely I am to get another flag. Fixed rules about number of flags but not compared to the total number of posts.

5 shitposts in 10k posts will lose you regular. While 4 shitposts in 100 will cost you nothing…

I get shit on for less than half a % of my posts. Never mind the other 99.5% if that is how it’s going to be I don’t know if I want to be here…

1 Like

This is a very odd misconception of the use of flagging. Flagging is used when the comment flagged needs to be addressed for a specific reason. If your comment is considered distasteful by the majority of the community, it speaks for itself. If your “personal conversations” become a toss-up between two people insulting eachother in a public space, consider taking it to PMs. Nobody cares to read that stuff in an open thread.

:man_shrugging:

This is essentially admitting to your behavior. Think about this, and again, this is only friendly, so please don’t take this the wrong way - but if you’re equating your activity to the amount of which you get flagged, you might want to think about what you’re doing that gets your content flagged.

I understand why you’re upset, but, it’s a title with some extra benefits. You’ve really not lost that much. I believe you’re taking this too personally. It’s okay, man. I’m sure the community would rather see you stay, than not.

1 Like

The problem for me is the part which is considered distasteful. It is 0.41% of everything I have written.

If you want to change that think about the posts you have written and figure out why it was distasteful and change you ways

man you used to be so laid back here… you get Regular and all the sudden you become Super Justice Cop lol

1 Like

I haven’t changed, at all. Please don’t look for a misconception of me.

1 Like

It’s not a bad thing. I’ve just noticed the tone in your posts changed. Most of your posts seem to be aimed at being helpful rather than fun recently. (the ones I’ve seen at a glance anyway. I haven’t read all that you’ve written.) Thought it was interesting is all. It wasn’t an attack on you.

I guess I’d rather not have Regular. It seems like you guys are restricted so much to being good and helpful, rather than getting to express your real opinions or god forbid take a break from the forums.

3 Likes

Not really it is all how you choose to be

This is probably, and subconsciously moreso a reflection of my current state of self irl than it is a reflection of the title ‘regular’, and, though I do try to use the benefits of the title to help out, I honestly don’t care for it either way.

Thanks for pointing out it wasn’t an attack, I didn’t think you were attacking me per-se but I also don’t want you to think that I’m not fun anymore, ya know?

To be fair, I haven’t posted a lot recently as I’ve not had a lot to say or contribute. My state of being comes in waves, and we’re currently at a trough rather than a peak.

By the way, I’ve always wanted to tell you I love Queens of the Stone age. Let me throw that out there.

2 Likes

I got the title recently and iam not interested in using the benefits
Ill keep do what i do before i got it

1 Like

Nope since any regular except me of course can post there right?

Do you not have regular? Or have you been nerfed?