Took a while but I am finally here to answer any questions I am allowed to answer

Why did you remove Lyra’s snare? And the ability to shut down dash movement inside bulwark? That ability is what Lyra unique and now it no different from ardan ult except he stuns while lyra’s slows at the edge of the bulwark…

I don’t understand the reason of removing her snare and her ability to shut down dash moves inside bulwark.

And allow more viable paths for Lyra? Is that possible? cough wp

Or even a section where only devs and mods can start a thread?

1 Like

i thought it was known, but it was kinda op, being able to cancel out any type of dive comp with easy and while being able to dish out massive heals with a fully build roam build.

Imo bulwark is still op cuz it has a 30% slow which is still helpful with blocking dive comps/heros

im salty with lyra players teleporting to me and bringing 3 enemy’s through her portal to me while im low health >:(((((

1 Like

It stops dive comps if they are outside of bulwark but not inside of bulwark. Enemies are not scared to enter and then dive inside the bulwark making lyra squishy even as captain.

1 Like

Thats kind of what announcements is

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Regular title

There is certain things you don’t wan’t to do when adding things in a kit. First off is negative “fun” Lyras B was frustrating and shut down WAY to many heroes to be even a counter. So it was a obvious large loss in “fun” for those experiencing it, but on top of that outside of the trained eye it was hard to tell if it even did anything. So the Lyra isn’t even sure she made a big impact. So over all it was largely negative not only from a design stand point but from a player stand point as well. In addition Lyras strength is spose to be creating a zone of control that is hard to get into. NOT a zone of control that is hard to get into but when your in it, its even worse. Lol

3 Likes

Its not easy to enter and when you do they take decent base damage and are pretty heavily slowed for 2 seconds. Thats not nothing. Thats actually very impacting. Part of the reason why Lyra is the top support.

True, i guess i just miss her ability to shut down :frowning:

1 Like

I hope the snare effect will be back one day, maybe in another hero, it’s such a unique type of CC

1 Like

So how 'bout Churnwalker or especially Phinn? Those 2 have some sort of hooks that make the Snare effect somewhat realistic and explainable. Phinn needs it the most since he has been the least used Support now.

Phinn not being played is due to his lack of mobility and early snowballing in 5v5. He is actually one of the strongest late game supports. There is a reason why more pro players are using him lately. I already something planned for that. Also adding a random mechanic/CC to a hero that already exists isn’t that easy. Where are you going to put it? Is there particle effects? Does it require a new animation? Or is it just getting slapped on?

We will see. :slight_smile: Maybe it will.

1 Like

That’s why I told you to give him a snare. Maybe put that in his Quibble to make it more rewarding. And maybe sometimes logical players like me ask that: “How are they snared?”, you can answer: “Because they are hooked to Phinn’s anchor.”

And please, I have planned so many things in advance for Vainglory whenever I come it with balancing changes ideas. I have to take into account that changes may also require animation changes and the changes I make must not require any additional animation changes.

Im late. Lol how will you balance grace oppressive early game. Specially the top lane grace strat. its completly oppressive for the squishies they get 1v2 ny grace and their jungler

The quibble is a stun already on overdrive. So you want them to be slowed/stunned and snared? How will you show that if the plaque above your name can only say one or the other?

1 Like

@Nivmett could I ask why caption Lyra wasn’t nerfed this patch?

The snare comes in after the stun or you can put it in his Polite Company or even Forced Accord. Landing the Quibble on new-gen ultra fast hero like Reza, Kensei,… with a 4-ton lizard that moves as slow as a snail is hard now. We need more reward for that. You have to consider your hero pool if you want to balance something. You know that right?

i got a simple question Mr.Nivmett that should be easy to answer (i hope)…

Why did Skye lose her critical chance/critical damage (i forgot) on her Forward Barrage?