Match maker improving?

44 minute match, Jesus H Christ

I agree with this, a BOT which just tower dives is better than some of my team mates, at least it’s consistent, i know what’s it’s going to do.

1 Like

You’re joking right? 5v5 matchmaking is a total sh*tshow. It’s a thousand times worse than 3v3 ever was. Out of more than 50 matches I have had literally two that weren’t complete, utter blowouts for one team or the other.

2 Likes

Bots aren’t intelligent but they are reliable in their actions. A bot captain will fountain you instead of rage spamming mines because he dislikes you…

5 Likes

I think it was an anomaly, the day I was referring to, there seemed to be only a two tier spread difference. Every match. Crazy! That’s why I started the topic… Felt like it was too good to be true.

Yesterday… Yeah, back to the usual.

I’ll take that kind of heat any day. Lol

If anyone happens to participate in a match where you’re pretty certain there was a bot, can you please send me as much info about the match as you can? (E.g., date & time, your IGN, etc. A screenshot of the end-of-match scoreboard would be awesome.)

I’m interested to see if I can detect bots via the match data in the API …

2 Likes

Matchmaking is bad rn, I am just CT and I am facing VG/POA guys. My team had 3 POA guys and I was the only low tier guy along with the krul in that match

I’m not sure whether there is a direct way to detect them, but the player used to be marked as AFK despite bot stand-in. So you would have an AFK entity with active stats (albeit those of a bot, so mostly deaths).

the current matchmaker feels really, really bad. i get constantly matched against high tier players, mostly in 5 man groups, completly dominating the game from the start.

when you can not win a single 5v5 game, it starts to get really frustrating.

1 Like

Hear ya there. And when they are that much higher than my level and it’s hard to even make a decent play, or make a loss into beneficial practice at least.

That’s why I send you a team up but you didn’t respond :wink:

sorry, didnt see it and when i did, it was already too late.

problem is, when i team up with 4 other players, i get a guarantee to get matched against 5 t9 players…

You need a 2-3 man party. 5 Manning does not work without voice chat…

1 Like

So I’ve played at least six matches tonight, I’ve won them all.

Good right? No, I’ve been matched vs scrubs constantly, match maker isn’t doing its job, I’m now over 90% win rate from the jungle. I’m pretty much carrying the entire team in every game…

Pro tip: Play in 4 man parties for the best matchmaking. Although you will likely get the most obnoxious of SoloQers (E.G. WP SAW players, I genuinely hope there is a special place in hell for you), matchmaking will have a much easier time finding you similar elos. This is because almost every pairing of 1-2-3-4 man parties makes sense when you’re a 4 man.
For example
You’re a 4-1
They could be a; 4-1, 3-1-1, 3-2, 2-1-1-1, 2-2-1
and if the elos were close enough, your 4v5 matches will be way closer than anything else.
Also note that this applies to 3 mans, but 4 mans reduces the number of SoloQers.

Even with this strategy your games will probably still be snowball fests though

This. I’ve been spending my time in BRs because they are short. 5v5 is a nightmare. I get paired with unranked and go into T5s with a VG silver sprinkled in. End up with a KDA of 14-2 and we still lose. Just unplayable.

And there wasn’t a reset. It’s matchmaker failing. Simple as that. They are looking into it but so far don’t expect any good matches.

1 Like

What exactly is there to fix someone please explain? As I understand it casual has its own mmr. It has never followed the rank tiers even in 3v3. With 5v5 being released wouldn’t all just start from 0? It will also help matches start faster.

Wrong, mmr is shared between the modes, but in reality I had read from a developer that there is not such thing for a long time now and the visual ranking is your only ranking.

So I’ve played 12 games from the jungle now with a win rate of 90% and a KDA over 13. If MMR was doing its job I shouldn’t be getting matched with Tiers 4/5/6 or unranked players my MMR should be much higher.

But I am, I’m snowballing games almost single handidly, this is fun for a while but it gets rather repetitive and Its certainly not helping me to develope my 5v5 skills.