LoL: Wild Rift

All the heros and skins from beta.

Fiora and Camille :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

From all I can see in the videos from the beta - the game is ready. Simple as that, all the rough edges are polished now and the complains taken care of. A lot of good stuff added too.

Fun fact: mobile legends got a “project” called “next” that was announced around wild rift alpha and clearly stealing elements from it. They go as low as they can, sadly Chinese and can’t be really sued. Not that it would matters, wild rift is clearly vastly superior in every possible way even for a casual players.

1 Like

WR isnt even in my hands to play and they’re already looking to nerf Camile :sob:

LEMME PLAY MY OP LADY

2 Likes

TBH I don’t know why they delay the rollout… especially with mobile legend releasing project next just now that rip off a lot of wild rift features + updated graphics + updated the gameplay + rebalanced all the heroes, including the old ones + streamlined the main menu interface + toned down a little the excessive currency experience + started to give away easier free stuff + made the client run faster and smoother + loading is a lot faster everywhere + more. My point is, their update is no joke for current mobile legend players.

I am sure that wild rift is long term project that will also rollout on consoles and they feel it will bring revenue comparable to PC LOL, but the game really looks more than ready currently and a lot better vs the competitors.

edit: yeah, I am salty I can’t play hahahahah

Damn, Mlbb is doing enough things in one update that Vg couldn’t do in it’s entire lifespan.

A little off topic but for twitch prime, MLBB is giving alot of content away, like 5 skins and other small stuff.

Assuming how all of Riot’s games all have twitch content, WR will probably have the same type of loot.

They don’t need to rely on that. WR monetisation model is years ahead and more user friendly than what ML got. Saying all that, they do give a lot of things during events, so most likely that practice will continue in WR too. Maybe quests too that are fun and fair.

Actually I love when something like that happens: someone do a total rip off of successful PC game, but with cheap realisation and super bad monetisation. Milking players that want something similar to the PC game they love, doing it for years. Then BAM MF, the original PC game comes to mobile and keeps the quality of the original + the original fair monetisation. GG WP no re.

You cant possibly tell me that this isnt cool.

2 Likes

The GLOWUP
PC

WR

1 Like

FRELJORD ASHE

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Sorry, @RiseChu :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Okay, I understand the Hookshot nerf…

BUT THE BASE STATS WERE TOO MUCH :sob:

By the time I get to play her, every top laner will slap her up in duals.

2 Likes

Those skins… insane. Love it, it’s clear they want to dedicate to that project and really make it equal to the PC quality wise or even surpass PC older stuff. I predict from now that this will be even bigger than PC LOL as it’s more accessible (easier to play + shorter games and that’s not to be taken light as 40+ minutes per game is a little bit too much if you are not a kid with A LOT of free time) and will cover mobile/consoles. Nice nice

You realize that League averages 8 million concurrent players every day right? And that Riot brings in about US $1 billion in revenue yearly?

That’s a pretty large, loyal player base … :wink:

True, ML alone have more than 75 million active players.

source: https://dotesports.com/mobile/news/is-mobile-legends-bang-bang-the-next-big-mobile-esport
it’s officially stated by them, their game is still growing so by now (one year later) - the player base is bigger. True, we don’t know what they mean by active, but it’s safe to say that it would be more than LOL daily players.

Now include all the other MOBAs, add to that consoles that are uncharted territory and I feel you underestimate how many would play WR (the only choice for MOBA on console that is even designed from the start and similar to PC). Now add to that that controller support for mobile will come = phone paired with TV = console type of experience. Then add a lot of LOL players playing WR too and surely some will transition to it as it’s vastly more “user friendly”, simpler and faster experience - a lot of not totally dedicated LOL players will want that. It takes years to become good at LOL, with current hero pool this is for real. WR gives those that didn’t dedicate years, but still like LOL to start fresh with lower heroes number and simpler systems.

Yes, I am pretty sure in few years LOL: WR will be bigger and bring more income than PC LOL, don’t quote me on that one tho. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh I don’t disagree with you that WR will grow larger than League in terms of # of players. But mobile players are (1) notoriously cheap and (2) notoriously fickle. I suspect that in addition to a smaller core of serious players, there will be a large # of much more casual players and that there will be quite a lot of churn in that group. The challenge for Riot will be getting that large group of casual players to hang around long enough to decide to spend money on the game.

Fwiw, I wouldn’t really trust any of Moonton’s supposed stats about their player base. They’re not exactly a paragon of virtue, after all.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure that both LOL and WR will bloom, because they are different enough and yet similar enough to play the PC when you got more time and WR when you don’t/are on the go. I just feel that they really invest in WR, it’s not just “money grab” effort or something backed quickly.

1 Like
3 Likes

Time to take a trip to the east :lyra:

1 Like