LoL: Wild Rift

It’s not exactly the same, now there is a link with your riot account that didn’t exist previously + platform selection.

I am not that positive about releasing soon, because this is planning for future testing (if it was going to be soon, it was going to be announced with dates) and given how the last testing the game looked finished, but here we are 3 months later planning for another test, I feel we can see another 3+ months after that test before something.

Don’t think that’s correct. That timeline would put a release in 2021. They continue to advertise a release this year.

1 Like
2 Likes

These new models are just gorgeous. PC LoL is really showing its age now. :celestelove:

I can’t wait to play Camille and Fiora in top lane!

I can’t remember if there was a list or not of the champs in wild rift yet but do you know which creature champs are in as of now? Like Rek’sai (which I only know this champ cuz I think there was another post on here showcasing skins with it in them) full on creatures

There is a list indeed, including video that showcases all the heroes. Search for it and enjoy the show - it’s good watch.

Otherwise it shows they want a polished launch + a lot of content to be ready from day one (like skins, etc). This is good, as the first impression would be a lot better for new players as old school LOL players. Not that I am not impatient, but better finished product vs a rushed one.

2 Likes

Here’s one such list:

FYI, if you’re using a mouse, this list has a nice feature that pops up a short summary of each champ when you hover over the champion name.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I’m gonna find that video that showcases the wild rift champs and also having looked through that list briefly I’ve found a few I quite like, namely Aurelion sol and Jax so far ones that I’m quite liking that I’ve looked into

1 Like

There was a datamine of all the unused characters that were in the files but not playable.

However Reksai was not on that list. Im assuming they’re putting the more humanoid champions first into the game and the monster looking ones last.

But that datamine was from the old client so Reksai might be on the newer updated one. So lets hope thats shes there.

1 Like

I think I partially remember seeing that list but can’t recall who was on it at the time, it is better to get the more normal/human champs in first and polish them as to then lay the ground work for the other more different champs like Chaoz said, rek sai looks so cool and just the other creatures in lol are quite interesting too, one day when wild rift is out and more setup they’ll be added

Creature designs ftw!

2 Likes

Rek’Sai is a really interesting champ – she was definitely in the meta last season, but for whatever reason, she’s disappeared at high level play this year.

I think Riot is prioritizing adapting popular champs for Wild Rift, and as Rek’Sai currently has only a 3.1% overall pick rate, it’s not all that surprising that she’s not in the first round of champs.

1 Like

Yea it is best to add the more popular ones first, gotta make that great first impression on new platforms when it drops, one day tho I’ll be able to try out rek sai, someday lol

1 Like

yep, they are focused on popular champions and/or those that translates really good into mobile.

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

Order of the :banana: :ozo:

1 Like

It seems pretty clear that WR’s release is not far off.

I’m betting on an announcement during Worlds (with its more than 100 million viewers) of a release in early November.

1 Like

I would agree with that, the game look polished, ready for release and monthly updates that adds content and polish further the experience/gameplay. They actually did quite a lot of work during the summer and fixed a lot of the rough edges. RN they are basically testing the monetisation system and the new changes, will do few tweaks and be ready for massive rollout if all runs smooth. Worlds will be a good time to announce the global rollout.

1 Like