"Karas" Was Blatantly Plagiarized from Onmyoji Arena

Glad they didn’t ignore this. It would be interesting to see how Rogue gonna justify it.

1 Like

rework for entire skill karas is the best option for this case, i hope rogue can more creative & wise before release new update

4 Likes

Alright, let me get this straight.
It seems you don’t really know how I act in that server. I am usually sarcastic and I don’t get offended that easily. Useless to mention as you may never believe me regarding the “im getting bullied” part.

The post do have a point but now it is morphing to a drama since I started replying. I do understand the opinions in the replies. I am no way invalidating personal opinions here. You could even DM me in discord instead posting a screenshots.

If you think I am being some coward posting in discord, go ahead. Did I flamed anyone? Please do speak up as this is getting on my nerves.

I just want you to lose your White Knight mentality and atleast have you question why some of us are mad on a deeper level. Though I do not speak on behalf of the Forums, Im just saying what might other would think as well.

And please kindly explain how is this white knight mentality

The whole thing is terrible. To begin with, surely there are other heroes in development they could have whacked out? The leaks for this hero had him listed as “hero71” meaning with 55 heroes now in the game (including Karas) there should be at least another 16 in development? Or does Rogue not want to/not know how to use SEMC’s ideas?

I can understand that Rogue may still be working out the code, but honestly few of us would mind a delayed patch, or a patch with no new heroes. Instead they give us Zero balance changes and a plagiarised hero? I’ll give them the 3 skins, they’re ok.

I hope they can fix this by next update, although it’ll be tight unless they delay the season end. But if they do that we’ll be into 2020 and still on the “Autumn 2019” season, which is kinda ridiculous.

4 Likes

Lets Dm! @Rawzri :easter_happy_2:

I didn’t accuse you of being a coward as I stated down below

Though the choice of words could have been used less harshly… Thats a mark on my part.

Feel free to DM me now. I don’t even know your discord. Let’s make this fair.
As for the part posting, I also sincerely apologize to anyone who misinterpret how I post or act outside the forums.

1 Like

I think this conversation is getting out of hands and had shift away from Karas being the center of the conversation. I suggest everyone to calm down for a while or close this topic to avoid further negativity.

7 Likes

Actually we talked it out and its just a big misunderstanding as cliché it sounds, he didnt mean to white knight or disregard the topic at hand.

And he’s actually down to earth and it was enjoyable to talk to him about this whole situation.

7 Likes

Glad to hear that, I didn’t expect you guys manage to get to know each other in a friendly way after all that misunderstood :smiley:

1 Like

Wow. I really… really… REALLY hope they own up to straight up copying another hero from another game.

HELL is it SO DAMN obvious that you could pretty much re-write the dictionary definition of “copy” to pulling a Rogue.

Seriously. There’s hell to pay for whoever did this. To the guy/girl who did this (100% guaranteed is reading this thread) - you just signed your one way ticket to fluffy rainbows n butterflies while the voice of Hitler whispers sweet nothings into your ear for all eternity.

You got caught. Big time.

1 Like

Wow, that’s straightfoward. I’m more worried about what will happen if NETEase sues Rogue/SEMC, because the copy paste is pretty obvious. Will Vainglory even survive after this?

This made me chuckle a bit. Chinese company suing western one for plagiarism lel

3 Likes

So no patch notes, a plagiarized hero and some skins, thats what we get for this update. Also its been 2 months and still not a word on Eu chats, rough start for Rogue.

7 Likes

Dunno what to say… should had not come to this at the first place. The game feels so mistreated last half a year that it hurts (till that point it was sustain mode engaged for another half a year and atleast it was ok in a way).

Yeah, this whole episode is a big black eye for both SEMC and Rogue. They’re now in damage control mode, it’s obvious, but it isn’t an exaggeration to say that SEMC’s future may depend on how they respond. (Rogue’s not so much — they have many sources of revenue besides VG.)

Iam not surprised as you trying hard to save money you going to hit copy right things because they are the easiest content just copy paste and you going to save a lot of money , I won’t be surprised either if 4 heroes in the queue same thing but now they canceled after the plan ruined , probably they going to fire some employees (sacrifice) and move on .

Surprise birthday responded on reddit and they are reworking his kit on 4.11!

9 Likes

They are reworking him from scratch including animations, descriptions and effects. Seems like a good move.

Link to the response for those that want it. There aren’t any specifics on the plagiarism, but at least they owned up to their mistake and are reworking him, even if the damage has already been done.

3 Likes