Is 5v5 killing Vainglory?

The wait times will kill the game. It’s like noone is playing… constantly wait time of 7-8m and more for ranked in EU (curently in t7 and climbing). Before in 3vs3 I almost never waited more than 20-30 seconds and 1m was rare as f. Like… wtf? No wonder noone is sticking around… for the wait time + one game, one would finish his 3rd game of AOV. Even the semi-serious players wont wait that time on a mobile game not to mention the casuals.

Also the fun to wait 8m only for someone to not accept or even worse to dodge in the draft… and again 8m wait time. No matter what everyone would say or not, I am sure the unbalanced games was just because they knew otherwise the wait times will be insanely long.

Sorry if I sound a little edged… love a lot of things, but this one especially is too much. Not to mention that even if I enter a game, quite a lot there is 1-2 really obviously better players on the server that rapes everyone else… and when you check vgpro it’s not like a smurfs… noo, poa gold, vg silver, even vg gold matched vs t4, t5 and t6 real tier players. Would be fun for them to wait 10m, got 1-2 dodges, wait 10m more and play vs a top100 player that literally can 1vs5 them. :slight_smile:

Matchmaking is REALLY important part of a ranked game! In a fairness AND quick finding a match. So… it’s either SEMC total fail or really there are not many players and really if I look at my friends list that is filled only with good players and serious ones (never accept random invites or send lightly one)… so little of them are online + a lot of them are just not playing after december sh*tstorm patch and goldshowel thing.

Peace brothers(and sisters) and hope for a better future for the game as I really would not play MOBA on the phone if not VG.

5 Likes

I miss the old vg like 2 years ago where less problem than now. I just played ranked 3v3 and 5v5 and the result was unbelievable dreadful… this game was far away from better. How can semc attract more player since too much problem in its game? My friends even left vg and i didnt see them online in vg now. My old comrades are gone one by one. They said this game is retarded now since 5v5 ruined everything in vg. So sad…

4 Likes

5v5 isn’t the problem it is the lack of proper testing because they can just patch it

1 Like

Yup and now there are way too many game modes for the player base and different servers.
Brawl:
Blitz
battle Royal
Standard:
Cas 3v3
Rank 3v3
Cas 5v5
Rank 5v5

Those are 6 different modes!
2 of which requiring 10 players…

7 Likes

Which would be fine if 5v5 had increased the user base … which it clearly has not == fail.

6 Likes

Recently I heard that vg community in my city are planning to make it official by conducting gathering and probably they will make a league. This is very a good improvement. On the contrary, this is so sad that they make it official in the moment where vg is going down and worse. How can they play when matchmaking taking more than 5 minutes to get the team? How can they deal with vg’s bad connection and lags in every way nowadays? I just cant forget when vg reached its golden age about 2 years ago.

1 Like

I dunno, I don’t think queues are a problem. I don’t mind waiting 10 or so minutes for a match, so long as it doesn’t end up being one-sided (either way). What I don’t like is the amount of trolls in ranked.

3v3 still exists. If this many people really do prefer 3v3, maybe we could nudge the community to start playing the mode again…

I see majority of people in my friends list playing 3v3.(though I dont have that many friends) (Irl also :sob:)

It makes me wonder if people are even enjoying 5v5. It’s kinda sad.

1 Like

3v3 (and the occasional BR) is all I’m playing these days, despite the fact that 3v3 has been downgraded in two ways: brutal queue times, and some heroes (e.g. Cath) ruined by changes needed for 5v5 tuning.

I am doing the same, though in the opposite ratio (mostly BRs with an occasional 3v3). I find 5v5 very meh in general and all too often a waste of 20 minutes because of the AFKs and surrender spamming that starts as soon as a team gets behind.

3v3 was really the ideal format for a mobile moba, I think. If SEMC had just added new maps and continued to add new heroes at a more rapid pace, I think the game would have been fine without 5v5.

4 Likes

Agree…that VG will be just fine without 5v5. 3v3 is the best. We all just need more new heroes with more new abilities and technic. Some new maps with unique special effect maybe good ideas. Sovereign Rise is very luxurious map but Halcyon Fold is very green and fresh look map.

3 Likes

they should go 4v4 instead of 5v5…
5v5 feels less intense, less action…

1 Like

I play 5v5 and brawl.

3v3 balance is horrible and hasn’t been this bad in a while. The potential to carry a match is far greater in 5v5.

This match I hard carried.
Last man standing in several fights wiping the enemy team.

One or two high quality maps for brawl modes would be amazing. I think I’d enjoy it more than 5v5 and I might actually play brawl modes then.

2 Likes

This game will officially be dying soon. A few of the developers have already left (or maybe even got laid off?). The official forums was taken down. Various esports teams are leaving the game as there’s no profit to be made. It’s only a matter of time till Vainglory finally shuts its doors.

It’s a shame really because there’s no one to blame but the developers themselves. They constantly tampered with the game’s mechanics just a little bit too much that players just grew tired of the ever changing ways on how one plays the game.

The final nail on the coffin was the pay to win aspect added in to battle royale. Can’t blame Super Evil as they probably needed new and better ways to garner more revenue because it seems to me that at that time they were probably losing a lot already.

Well, there’s always Arena of Valor or Mobile Legends if it does happen. Better alternatives in my opinion.

2 Likes

Lol. So VG is dying craze is coming back again huh…

1 Like

They’ve bet the farm on 5v5. It hasn’t exactly been a raging success. Several high profile devs have recently left, including PoB, who’s been the face of VG for years. So yeah, there’s a lot of talk about the health of the game and the company.

3 Likes

His departure does look very bad have to agree on that one.

5v5 is much better than 3v3 ever was and it is still in its infancy.

I tried AOV again a while back but VG 5v5 map is much much better richer and deeper…

1 Like

5v5 will be seen as the disease that killed VG. But underlying that fantastic folly is a deeper, more underlying sickness … I’ve never known a small indie developer who was so out of touch with their community. The only thing they hate more than talking to us is listening to us. So there you have it.

7 Likes