Is 5v5 killing Vainglory?

We’ll see you in a couple days

1 Like

Give it a few more patches, maybe it will be better. ML and AOV was designed with 5vs5 in mind, the matchmaker was designed around that and on top of that (the sad truth) is that those games have like x10 and even more bigger player base giving a lot more for the matchmaker to work with.

Edit: plus their casual oriented design, easier to play mechanics (that make easier for less skilled players to do “wow” things and play good to the point that while they will lose to the better player it won’t be like in VG - total rape), will make people rage less… and the shorter matches time will lead to less AFK’s because of real life things.

2 Likes

LMAO 2 or 6 minutes is too long for u?
Such a poopy poop you are.

12 Likes

Nice, lemme in the Q with u bc SA looks like a fast server :wink: :heart:

I’m on NA server and the wait times have been progressively improving for me… With at least visual teirblevels matching… I’m pretty consistent with around a minute and a half wait times.

1 Like

wanna rank with me babe :wink: :*

But I don’t have any heroes besides the free tutorial ones on that account :sad: :ozo: :pig2: :kissing_closed_eyes:

let’s troll then :wink:
30 FCKNG CHARACTERS SH1T.

1 Like

SEMC has released a statement on it in their statement on the skill tier bug. They said they are monitoring it

I do find that there is an issue with match making times. Check the bottom of the screen if the expected match time is jus ticking over hit reset. When I do this I get matched within 1-2 minutes in EU.

1 Like

If that’s the case SEMC should climb out of their bloody cave and SAY SOMETHING. Or I don’t know, maybe just frickin fix mission-critical game failure issues like this?

Maybe they don’t even know the game is falling apart around their ears, hiding as they are in their comfy Reddit echo chamber.

This company is so going to die. And when it does, the cause on the death certificate will be “self inflicted wounds” .

Surprise Birthday was on the dev stream today describing fixes to the matchmaker. It should fix long wait times. There is also an in-game statement and a stickied Reddit post.

My last few ranked 5v5 games from yesterday and today have taken 1 min or less to match.

3 Likes

Eight minutes this morning 3v3. Well longer actually that’s when I gave up.

Brave I give up after 2.5 min as I would never wait that long on any moba even during my defense of the ancient days

2 Likes

Got in a 3v3 ranked queue for 7 mins and finished it in 2 mins

2 Likes

fam those are pretty typical numbers for EA pre-update

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i mean 30 characters who dide this

2 Likes

I’m pretty frustrated by the queue times right now. I am not waiting THAT long to play. Seriously. I even resorted to AoV just to scratch my MOBA itch.

3 Likes

I’m waiting 3-5 minutes, at the moment, and find that tolerable. If that’s how long it takes to create half-way balanced matches, oh-kay.

But if you add the server issues on top of that? At least 50% of the time, there’s problems during hero select.
And I can tell it’s due to how the client / server interaction is handled, because even if things go unresponsive on my end, the hero I lock in afterwards will still be selected. So there is a connection, but the client won’t update.

Then you get dropped at least once or twice during the match, and it’s like… win or lose, I was trying to play a match of Vainglory, not a game of “restart the app”.

It’s just frustrating, and it’s no wonder people won’t stick around, if that’s their first experience in-game.

9 Likes

Yeah same here…I play on EU and sometimes during the day I find games in less than 20 seconds. And not just once

1 Like

Have played a total of one ranked match this patch due to 10+ min queues. There’s also the connection issues and the client just being unresponsive in general.

1 Like