Fix Rona for 5v5

I love your idea of rework to my suggestion. Yeah, this will be good - her Ult will pull all heroes hit towards her.

Also, this is what I know about Lyra’s snare effect -only when thru the walls. Inside the Bulwark, enemies can still dash.

Yeah copy paste the ability give her snare and slow , when she hit the ground the lava surround the area and stop dashes and slow enemy heroes if they touch the lava.

That would mean bringing back Lyra’s B, which was reworked for being unhealthy. I dont think its the solution.

1 Like

If any hero with a dash or any hero with hard CC counters her, then 3/4 of the hero pool will counter her. I don’t think adding hard CC to her kit in a mode that has too much hard CC is a great idea. I also don’t think it solves core problems.

Core problems: She can traverse the 5v5 map quick enough to jungle. She can’t lane. Her Red Mist is ineffective because of the self-slow and easy stun.

Core thoughts: Channeled melee abilities should be stun-immune. Lyra’s original Bulwark was toxic AF.

I will write a kit rebuild for her later. I think she should lose Foesplitter as a skill and be a hybrid of the Dota 2’s Juggernaut and Troll Warlord.

They considered it unhealthy because of taka and vox cry babies , she made Melee heroes strong and punished uncalculated moves , well it was kinda op hehehe , well I think Iam going to think about her perk because any ability change suggestion either useless or op .

Thats what happens when you try to make her C the core of her damage.

I dont agree. Then for example you wouldnt be able to stun ardan while using the C, or churnwalker, Grace, joule…

i dont know whats that, i dont play DOTA2.

No, it was unhealthy becasue i could shut down entire kits by pressing a single button.

She in fact benefited a lot more ranged heroes. They dont depend on dashes to figth. She was played mostly with kestrel and samuel becasue you couldnt dive her. It was a nigthmare for melee heroes.

2 Likes

Ardan’s Ult isn’t a melee range skill. It’s a ranged ring ability. Churnwalker doesn’t lose his chains if stunned, right?, and his Ult is a ranged ability. Grace’s Ult is ranged. Joule’s Ult is ranged.

I wasn’t talking about Melee enemies , I was talking about Melee teammates , because we had a lot of updates where double ranged was meta , so you need a hero like Lyra to teleport and trap them , Lyra and lance actually designed to fight the double range meta I think , but at the same time like you said they also give advantage to the ranged heroes and shutdown enemy Melee heroes .

I understood channeled abilities by melee heroes.

Rona uses bloodrage as her perk. Maybe they could add some kind of mechanic where the more damage she takes she gains passively wp power and move speed. Like smth based on missing health with kensei like formula. So the more you hurt her ,she becomes more dangerous. She could handle non burst carry easier.

Her perk is garbage. Any perk that makes stutter stepping less effective (with high levels of attack speed) while providing no other mechanic to compensate is bad. The bloodrage system isn’t horrible but a replacement for energy.

1 Like

Oh i made mistake. Perk is attack speed with 90percent wp damage. My bad.

I agree that perk is bad.

Attack speed doesn’t make stutter stepping less effective.

Oh god my release Lyra PTSD…

2 Likes

Rona Reworked:

Role: Melee laner who focuses on AoE damage and excels in the thick of the fight. She is a durable warrior who grows stronger as enemies fall.

Base Stats:

Attack speed increased from 100-122% to 100-136.3%
Base attack range increased from 1.8 to 2.3m.
Rona’s base attack cooldown and damage is normalized to other heroes at 0.7 and 100%.

Passive: Beserker’s Fury - Reworked

Grants a 2.5s movement speed increase (20%?), attack speed increase (25%), and fortified health (50-160) when an enemy hero dies within 7m of Rona. No cooldown, but not stackable.

Bloodrage is removed. There is no energy or bloodrage as a gating mechanism for Rona’s skills. Only cooldown.

A: Into the Fray

Cooldown changed from 15/14/13/12/11 to 12/11/10/9/7.5
Damage: Base damage halved at all levels.
Scaling: Added 25/50% WP
On overdrive, the rupture delay of 1 second is reduced to 0.5 seconds
Killing an enemy hero with Into the Fray removes 1.5s from the cooldown.

B: Foesplitter - Reworked

Rona THROWS two axes in an ellipse. The axes damage all targets along the ellipse, cross at the opposite major vertex, and damage all targets along the return path to Rona. The axes travel in a dynamic ellipse with a major axis length between 5m and 7m. Selecting the skill and tapping at or less than 5m will throw them 5m, tapping between 5.1 and 6.9m will throw the axes at that distance, and tapping at or more than 7m will throw them at 7m. While the axes are thrown Rona can move, but can not auto attack. Activating Foesplitter locks out Into the Fray until the axes return. The axes cannot hit targets standing directly in front of Rona (the character model forms part of the ellipse). The minor vertexes are always 4m apart, meaning heroes at the center of the ellipse will not be hit.

Base damage is crystal damage
Damage: 20/40/60/80/120
Scaling: 120% CP and 120% WP
Cooldown : 8/7.5/7/6.5/5.5
Killing an enemy hero with Foesplitter removes 1s from the cooldown.

Ult: Red Mist

During Red Mist, Rona is immune to stuns but is susceptible to other forms of CC. Red Mist can’t be silenced once activated. The movement speed decrease (20%?) on Red Mist is equalized with her perk’s bonus movement speed increase.
Cooldown: Increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
Spin Duration: 3/4/5s
Scaling: WP decreased from 170% to 150%
Diameter: Increased by 0.5m.
Killing an enemy hero with Red Mist adds 0.5s to the duration.

Unless otherwise mentioned, skills retain their unlisted qualities such as damage, scaling, FH generation, etc.

Here’s my Rona rework idea:

Passive: Berserker
Whenever Rona loses 15% max health from enemy heroes or use abilities, gain +5%-+18% attack speed, up to 5 stacks. (DoT count as 1). When Rona participate in a takedown she doubles the current bonus for 5 seconds. Additionally upon reaching 5 stacks Rona gain a burst of move speed (2.5) and slow immunity for 2 seconds (30 second cooldown), then as long as she has5 stacks, gains 0.5 move speed after hitting an enemy hero with a basic attack. (Blood rage is replaced with “Fury”)

A: Into the Fray (kept mostly)
Rona leaps in target direction, dealing minor damage around her. After a brief delay the ground erupts and deal heavy crystal damage should she builds CP items. Any unit died in the zone while it still remain grants Rona 1
fury stack.

B: Foesplitter (total rework)
Rona throws one axe in target direction, heals herself based on number of units hit (15% effective against minions, 30% effective against jungle monsters). If the axe hit 2 or more enemy heroes, Rona gains 1 Fury stack. This ability consumes one charge, and Rona gains charges periodically. Max: 2 charges.

Ultimate: Red Mist(semi rework)
If Rona has a at least 3 stacks of Fury, she can cast Mist, with each stack she gains a bonus
Duration: 4/5/6
3 stacks: old red mist including the slow
4 stacks: Rona is no longer slowed, +1 duration. (5/6/7)
5 stacks: Hard CC will only slow Rona down and +2 duration. (6/7/8)

Recommended build:
WP: Serpent Mask+Sorrowblade+Bonesaw+Breaking Point+Shiver Steel+Journey Boots
CP: Dragon’s Eye+Dragon’s Heart+Frostburn+Broken Myth+Slumbering Husk+Journey Boots

Dual Wielding the Leviathan Axe I see

1 Like

I really like the idea of fury/blood rage stacks actually buffing her ult outside of just duration. Looks like everyone has the idea of her going more berserk the more stacks she has, hence all the movement speed buffs. I think SEMC could implement something like that, but it needs to be balanced cause op Rona is really difficult to deal with lol

SEMC gave her hatchets and called them axes. The base attack range increase and Red Mist diameter increase would reflect the longer handle of an axe. The idea for the skill is from Dota 2 Beastmaster’s Wild Axes.

Rona during her second activation of Foesplitter when lvl 12 with two attack speed items and infused has a very small animation window for successful attack cooldown canceling. Most players will struggle to effectively stutterstep without attack canceling.

The flip side is Rona gets more benefit from stutterstepping from a % dps standpoint than any other hero.