Fix Rona for 5v5

Harder does not equal less effective.

This is false. No matter the attack speed, perfect stutter stepping always increases the same damage, 14% (I think it was 14%).

Massive buff.

Quite useless, the chances of killing anyone with that ability are next to 0. It’s an engage ability, not a damaging one.

Is this supposed to be the core of her damage?

I don’t think it’s worth not attacking for using it.

Not gonna agree on this.

Like every activable channeling ability? It doesn’t change anything. Once you start channeling it doesn’t matter the silence. Unless I’m missing something this change is worthless.

This is plain broken. 18% more attack speed (x5=90%), x2 when she gets an assist/kill + 2.5 movement speed (higher than koshka or Taka??) + slow inmunity + 0.5 more speed when attacking. This seems FoH on steroids.

How much?

I hope it doesn’t heal much, because with 2 charges…

Same as with Bayou, can’t agree.

Maybe this should go in a separate thread.:

All heroes are 20% since semc normalized attack cooldown at 0.7 except for Rona who gets 25% and other heroes with non-standard attack cooldowns like Phinn and Lance.

The attack cooldown normalization came during the item speed nerfs. This was a stealth nerf to Rona as her speeds were not changed.

2 years ago, when they announced the cross platform they also mentioned stutter stepping, calling it “adrenaline”, they state it increases your DPS to a maximum of 14%, doesn’t matter the hero, it’s standarized too.

Link? I missed/forgot that.

It’s the cross platform video in their YouTube channel.

1 Like

Compare it hard CC abilities like Rocket Leap and Afterburner, soft CC dashes like Grumpy, and non-CC dashes like Sonic Zoom. It’s current cooldown is similar to hard CC abilities. Halfing the base damage mitigates some of the reduced cooldown while keeping/adding to the scaling keeps it late game useful.

With a new ranged attack, she can whittle down opponents prior to engaging. As a CP hero the damage scaling is very high. Part of the change in concept is that Rona isn’t an initiator. Her perk and skills rely on kills, but she isn’t a burst hero. She is a late game team fight hero who pick her spot to enter the fight.

During laning, it functions as a last hitting mechanic and zoning tool. With the way minions bunch she will clear the front duo well with them. In team fights, it allows her to hit back line or fleeing targets. It also functions as a way to stack BP or apply mortal wounds from SF prior to engaging. It’s a contributing part of her damage.

BF doesn’t AA during his On Point. This would be a longer window, but not by much.

Agree to disagree.

This change allows her to deactivate Red Mist after being silenced. Not being able to stop a self-slow, channeled, melee ranged ability is a problem. Her other skills would be silenced, so she can’t leap away.

Compare the range. If rona had the sonic zoom she would be even worse.

It has an AoE slow (40%) and gives her FH, also it’s much quicker than Joule’s. I agree a cooldown buff would be useful, but that’s massive.

The comparison doesn’t apply, those two abilities couldn’t be more different.

So the proyectiles are super fast. On point’s window is only ~0.5s, a skill shot that goes and returns all in 0.5s?

It’s like skye’s A. The silence doesn’t prevent her from stopping.

~0.5 out, ~0.5 return. ~1sec where she can neither AA or ItF.

Twice as quick as idris’ B. Dodging that would be frustrating to say the least.

Acceptable for BF and Joule but not for Rona? Both Idris and Magnus can AA and use other abilities during the travel time. Rona has a lockout time that limits her to RM and walking.

BF, Idris, Malene, Reza all have windows of all CC immunity which also function as damage dodges but stun immunity for Rona during RM is bad?

1 Like

What? I dont get the comparison but ok.

Because magnus’ AAs are incredibly powerful. i know the passive, but you most of the times dont want to trigger it so you can extend the mark. Idris is a squishy assassin whose survavility depends on the resets of his A.

Hum… yes. They dont have and AoE wp damaging abilioty with 150% weapon ratio that allows them to freely move. They atre aslo much squishy and depend on that dodge to survive.

Comparing a sustain bruiser with squishy asassins is a non sense. They cant be compared, the dont have any similarity outside of being melee.

BF is the “Hitler” of VG because he is mentioned in every thread of significant length on hero balance.

BF rose offensive is AOE WP damage that allows movement, triggers basic attack effects, ignores all cc immunity, and acts as a damage dodge. A hero with all that and a 3.5s CD barrier that scales with health is situationally tanky. Also, barriers are typically better than FH at equal levels. Rona is also situationally tanky during her RM and after using ItF.

Can you list the heroes it is fair to use for comparison purposes?

If you don’t like the WP%, fine. Numbers can change. I think it would be fine for her to have lower base damage on skills but high scaling to make her late game oriented.

All warriors.

The problem isnt the damage, the problem is the stun inmunity.

I kind of don’t want to do full run down on warriors, argue that BF is a tweener, and then make the case that it’s ok for a bruiser to have a unique mechanic for a unique skill.

What is your proposed solution for Rona? You laid things out well in post 8 and agreed with some improvements but left it as her kit is trash.