Finally I and my friend (mostly my friend) have found out a SAW rework that will punish noobs

Balancing ideas from the community have never impacted Semc nor would they consider balancing from randoms over those qualified. What saw is is a turret pusher and noob friendly hero, easy to pick up and play, harder to play against better players. Games tend to have some noob friendly character/mode/etc and saw is one of them in vg. You can make all the reworks you want but it’s very very unlikely saw will ever be what you really want him to be.

1 Like

wow you said what i wanted in a much quicker way ;-;

Problem is, beside being a turret pusher, he doesn’t have anything else in him. His WP path got countered by every single mage we have in the game. Other heroes such as Ringo or Vox or Kestrel can dodge skillshots but SAW just simply can’t. His CP path though has range but the hang time is too much for him to be that effective. The Assasin path is just straight up why does this even exist, it’s so useless. Same problem with the hang time. And also, we already have a hero for noobs. His name is Ringo. Ringo is good at all tier and he gets even better when the tier is high. SAW, nah. That’s why I’ve proposed reworking him countless times.

the weapon path of most snipers gets countered by every single mage in the game like i said in my post owo

Are you serious? Baron, Kestrel, Ringo, Vox. They can all be played normally against a mage and they can dominate the mages late game.

oh yes sorry. i got a little confused there. :sweat_smile:
but though i was confused you are still slightly wrong

snipers> mages early game while mages generally scale better into the later game

this does not invalidate the rest of my post, however.

1 Like

If you can’t accept what Semc made saw, then tough luck. A random kid won’t change their mind just cuz he isn’t your dream character. The balancing they do is mostly number tweaking and some minor reworking, not big/complete reworks so saws role will stay as he is.
Your reworks are too much for coding, would need various visual changes, new talents, on top of all that balancing it too in terms of 3v3 and 5v5, items, and other heroes when played with/against. it’s essentially making a new hero of saw, which really doesn’t seem necessary.

People doing fan balancing/reworks is fine cuz it’s mostly wishful thinking, when someone does it often with the same idea almost each time in hopes the ideas are finally accepted, it’s time for a break from what seems like an obsession.

Your a kid, your naive, I don’t know what you want to do but you seem to like character creation/balancing. Instead of balancing an existing game why not try thinking up an idea for your own game one day(maybe, depends if that’s what you want to do) with your own creations/rules/gameplay/etc, instead of flooding a forum with ideas that turn into debates against it.

SAW isn’t meant to be played alone unless he’s WP and he gets countered late game as WP, same as Baron, or any other WP hero who is somewhat meant to rely on their abilities. CP SAW doesn’t get massive hangtime if you give him a clockwork and one other cooldown item, and he’s meant to nuke from the backlines of his teamates as CP. He’s actually good against some mages depending on how you play with him, but the main point is it’s a team game: he doesn’t get destroyed as easily if you play with your team.

2 Likes

Other games have done major reworks before why don’t we do that for VG? Btw, the devs must know their heroes. SAW has too many disadvantages and now they further strengthen those disadvantages which for me is just why though?

Problem is SAW is made as a splitpusher which means that he must be able to 1v1 other heroes with a certain degree of ease but he is too team-dependent which contradicts his playstyle.

It’s like you don’t read the response you get it or you only read what you can argue against. Reworks are a lot of resources and they tend to be a last action to things if tweaking them doesn’t help, they haven’t seen fit to do so with saw and clearly many don’t actually see the need to either.

He’s not a splitpusher really. That’s just how people in lower tiers play him. He’s actually a supportive carry, like Baron or Petal. Again, he’s not meant to be alone as he only has success against some bruisers and captains with his WP path, and he’s bound by his cooldowns until T3 items on CP path. Once you face more advanced players you find trying to split-push with SAW alone is tantamount to near certain ganks, unless your jungler helps defend you.

Cause they haven’t sunk 80% of their play time into my boi here. And tbh, I asked my friend to do this in a way that it will cost as little resource as possible. His perk will take some time to rework but most of the stuffs will be retained. Armor, MG model, knife model, SF model, Mad Cannon shells model. All will be retained.
Ps: I also have Talents for him too. Will post if you like.

That’s why he needs a rework to lower the number of counters, turning them into a 50-50 fight against SAW.

Which essentially, if snipers can scale, mages are in for Operation F.ed

Btw folks, another reason why I rework SAW will be listed above. Re-read that please.

Especially my mentor @idmonfish

Ok so now basic attack is skye’s a this will become a huge noob magnet even more than before which is exactly what you want to stop

Skye’s is 10 ticks/s while SAW’s is 6 ticks/s and it has a hit chance. Not a noob magnet at all.

SAW is perfectly fine… if you can’t 1v1 mages, then that’s your fault for realizing how to play against them…even if you are against mages, lane swap… your main purpose is to feed the other carries on your team through winning your lane…

Lol I think after all your reworks and buff thread this puts the cherry on the top. You have absolutely no sense of balance or " whoever " you say made this rework still has no sense of balance. If you don’t like SAW in his current state don’t play him. I get it you wanna make suggestions and such but this is ridiculously, you keep making these threads and they keep falling in the same boat. They’re just not thought out or anything. @idmonfish if you’re his mentor teach him how to make a thread because he keeps making the same threads with slightly changed words.

2 Likes