Dragalia Lost: Discussion and Summon Cheers

The 2nd anniversary is already coming up and it seems like it’s gonna be big given the indirect announcement of major out-of-game changes that are pretty comparable to prints getting taken out of the summoning pool. Based of the heads-up announcement for the next version update, it looks like weapon/prints are gonna be reworked, limiting the max number of copies you can hold of each to 1, with UB levels changing the number of “copies” you can equip on your team and storage for them being unlimited. We’ll also be compensated with mat/water/augment refunds, automatic UBing of prints that it can be done on with the 1 print max rule in mind, and diam/wyrmite refunds on storage expansions.
I’m really looking forward to seeing the rest of the changes they’ll have for the 2nd anniversary and who the new gala will be, especially given that the storage expansion refunds should give me a pretty good amount of pulls with how many times I’ve bought them over time.

1 Like

Okay that might actually make me come back to the game. Tbh i was overwhelmed by alot of things and it kinda got me to stop playing it. Kinda like GBF.

Plus anniversary means free stuff soooOOoOo

1 Like

Tbh, I’ve been really enjoying the direction the game’s been going since the Wu Kong event. Events feel a lot more lively with the new songs they add, free 50 MC units from raid events are way better than an okay-at-best dragon, the defense events are more enjoyable now, especially with them giving out a ton of rainbow orbs, and the banner schedule of galas having new characters being the main focuses with seasonal reruns/element focuses in between is great. All the new character kits are pretty neat as well like YCass with her echos. Despite the revenue hits they likely take, it’s really refreshing to see how they still continue to make everything as F2P-friendly and streamlined as possible.
I’m also really looking forward to the free stuff they’ll give out this anniversary too. The safe to assume free daily multis, coop bonus reset, and bunches of wyrmite are gonna be cool for trying to pull all the galas and the likely free 5* tickets are nice with how good the pools for them are now.
I’m more interested in they’ll possibly announce as the next collab though with how pretty much nothing is off the table after Megaman. My realistic expectation is probably be one with another Cygames IP like GBF or Priconne but I’d love to proven wrong.

1 Like

The 2nd anniversary digest was confirmed for the 24th and the countdown login bonus is already up! There’s also gonna be another livestream on the 27th likely showcasing some of the anniversary stuff at Game Live Japan after the BOTW Hyrule Warriors (Zelda collab pls). The anniversary website is up as well, but there’s little on it outside of the key art and the raid event pretty much being confirmed as a Fractured Futures sequel. At the least, it tells us that they’re gonna give out info on everything up to November, Halloween most likely included, and new endgame content is confirmed. Tbh I’m gonna be fine with whatever the anniversary has in store because of how tons of free stuff and the daily multisummons are pretty much a given, but if Puppy finally makes his return, I’ll be overjoyed,

1 Like

Info on the print and weapon reworks have come out and I think they’re amazing! Most of the prints are getting nerfed into only having 1 ability instead of 2, but now they’re equipped to weapons, with you being able to equip up to 4 5 * prints and 2 2-4 * ones on maxed weapons. They also added affinity bonuses to them for extra bonuses based on the adventurer.
As for weapons, they can now be refined for more bonuses as well as upgraded for a weapon bonus that’s just a straight %based stat boost similar to facilities. Additionally, some weapons, namely weak ones like the core/void weapons, are getting really buffed with higher UB caps and now weapon skills will be swappable! Also, when the info first came out, they messed up on the images and showed a new weapon type: GUN!
On another unrelated note to the print/weapon reworks on 2.0, the images of the team screen given in the announcement of the changes show that Euden seems to be cel-shaded, possibly hinting at an artstyle change for the 3D models…
Overall, I’d say that the changes are really great overall because of the sheer amount of customization options we’ll have now. It seems like the new print system will use up a lot of water though bc you’ll need to seemingly MUB a lot of prints now but I’d say it’s a bit fair with the refunds in mind and the fact that they’ll gain some profitability off dead summons with the new system. I’m really looking forward to the anniversary now to see how much the game will change and how G U N will play.

UPDATE: DIGEST IS OUT!

No Puppy outside of a cameo at the start nor any new collab info so rip, but all the new anniversary stuff is great! The free multi is gonna last 33 days this time, so 330 summons, mostly on galas at that, is incredibly generous with all the free stuff they’ll give out and sparking being added. Some of other really noteworthy stuff in it that are actually out now were gun units being officially revealed (with a Joe alt being the first who’s also given out for free), there’s a new PVP mode that’s a battle royale hilariously enough, there’s new solo-balanced versions of the endgame fights (with less drops tho), and the new weapon/print systems were shown off. Overall, I’m really happy with all the new changes they made and I’m hyped for the anniversary to begin.

Im loving this anniversary, I never had this much tickets and icite iirc.

1 Like

Nice I have ton of summons saved up already too even after using a lot of my stash on the last gala to try for Thor and I still have all the coop bonuses, solo voids, HDTs, and Agito clear bonuses, and the compendium Halloween event, etc. for even more free pulls lol. I’m not really that sure how I’m gonna spend yet bc the all galas banner is really tempting bc I’m still missing some of the best ones like Gelly, Mym, Glaxi, and Leif but at the same time, Zena is temping and hers is gonna have the new batch of characters.
As for the update, 2.0 is my favorite one by far. The new weapon system is a bit more grindy, but I like how it’s much simpler now and while the new print system is a lot more water-costly, I’m really loving how there’s so much build variety now. The game seems a bit easier now tho with the mass buffs they did, but at least HDTs/Agitos are a lot easier to both get into and solo farm. Also, I’ve been having way more fun with the battle royale mode than I thought I would. I really like the spin they did on it and the great rewards that come with it are a nice bonus. I’m so happy that it looks like it’s gonna be a permanent mode now.

1 Like

Yea, for the past few days ive been grinding to get my team fully equipped again and although its little annoying, Ive been able to pass higher end game content now. I finally beat the HGT levels and now im getting into the Agito stuff now.

Also the battle royal mode that they made was really creative and unexpected, I applaud the devs for thinking of it.

1 Like

It’s cool to see how a lot of people are finally able to break through to the endgame content considering how fun the fights, especially the Agitos, are. I’m really happy about the permanent stat bonuses upgrading weapons gives you too bc of how they give good reasons to grind for normally weak core and void weapons for endgame players.
On the BR mode, I’ve been happy with it bc of how all the time I used mastering the combat mechanics is finally worth it outside of shaving a few seconds off bosses. I’ve gotten a few wins already from the kinda few matches I’ve played. Manacaster and axe seem to be the best classes by far for it.

Since I havent played the game in months, whats up with the new class? What’s its role in the game?

Also there is only one manacaster in the game right?

So far, it seems to be a alternative option to bows, with the main difference being that it’ll have 3 different versions of the playstyle based on the character: a long range one (which is what Gun Joe has), a close range one (which is the one usable in BR), and one that’s supposed to be based around spamming FSs like the MH units which isn’t out yet, plus it’s class co-ab seems to be gauge accelerator instead of skill haste. Also, yeah, Joe is the only Manacaster out rn bc it just got introduced with 2.0. The light weapons are the only ones out for the class as well.

1 Like

I had one goal in mind and it was to snag MZero!

Luckily Lady Luck was kn my side and I managed to get him :star_struck:

Im gonna make him my second fully starred 5* dragon after playing for two years now.

1 Like

Now I just have to get Illia…

1 Like

Nice, I blew most of my stash on the last gala bc I was too lazy to check that the galas weren’t on rate up, but I still made it out fairly well seeing as I got Leif, who was one of the ones I was chasing. This banner has treated me WAY better tho. I’m at 58 summons rn and I’ve already pulled Mids Zero as well plus Meene off a single. Ilia is temping especially as a gun unit, but even if she’s likely the next banner, I’m gonna try to focus on the current gala bc Zena is more temping to me.

I really was thinking about getting Zena but then I realized I have a 5:1 ratio of Dark AND Light units compared to the trio.

Like I desperately need a Wind and Water dps but everytime I pull for them, I get everything besides what I need.

:expressionless:

1 Like

While I technically don’t need her considering GEuden with Cupid and some shared skills can definitely fill in the role as a healer in light teams, I’m trying to pull for Zena mainly bc she’d be nice to have considering how generally weak light is without limited characters and the fact that I’ve somehow never pulled Hilde despite playing since launch.
Also, if it matters, I’m pretty sure that wind and water DPS is a bit more reliant on 70MCs than strong 5* units, tho it’s changed a bit with the mass buffs. I believe that some of the lower investment 70MCs like OGMelody and OGRanzal for wind and OGElly (at the cost of nerfing her shared skill a bit) and Karina for water are still some of the best choices for their elements.

1 Like

U convinced me and I pulled again.

Didnt get Zena but I got this :woozy_face:

ANOTHER LIGHT DPS WHYYYYYY- I could’ve replaced HalLowen for a actual light healer :sob:

1 Like

I mean at least you still got a 5* that’s pretty good…
Time to pray to the RNG gods that we can get Zena off of the free multis.

1 Like

Yep but the thing is that i probably wont ever use him since I have better light units that does what he does better. Tbh Mikoto would had a better use in someones elses account than mine.

Pulled for Illia but didn’t get her… But I got other amazing units!

Summer Cassandra (Fire), Yuriel (Water), and School Maribelle (Wind)!

I used the beginner pact to cheat the expensive cost for Dream summon and I chose Grace as my Dream and now Im passing everything with such ease :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like