Dragalia Lost: Discussion and Summon Cheers

Bless the absolute stupidness of shadow and 70MC Hawk. I managed to get my first mhjp clear SOLO using a very thrown together team.

Hawk is very underpowered bc I haven’t maxed my bow dojos yet, the Volk prints aren’t augmented, the agitos Hawk and Lathna have are 0UB and Epi is 1UB. I could definitely get a better time and possible reviveless clear if I refine this.
Now all I need to do is murder Zodi next to get my ultimate flex epithet, although that might take a bit to do bc my light HDT weapon is 0UB.

NEVER MIND I DID IT, WITH MY OFF ELEMENT AGITO SWORD TOO AT THAT

Absolute shoutout to the pub players who decided to help me out, I had a great time trying to bop the edgy dragon with them. We did a fair bit of restarts bc of either simple mistakes or Hawk’s stun failing, but we still managed to beat him nonetheless. The one that we managed to clear was very much THE single biggest nailbiter of a fight I’ve been in, as towards the end, Hawk and Peony completely died, leaving only me and Gluca to finish him off. However, Luca died as well during the split lantern phase at the end, leaving me literal seconds to deplete the small bit of health before the lanterns popped to instakill me and I’m genuinely still in shock that I was actually able to do it.

Now time to never touch master ever again.

1 Like

Managed to pull Xuan Zang and Zhu Baije but no Gala Leif…
:upside_down_face:

1 Like

I haven’t gotten Leif either. I did manage to pull a Summer Verica off one of the daily event single tickets though, so I guess I’m pretty happy about that. I’m really hoping that they give out a standard close-to-reset multi ticket gift before the banner ends to do a desperation pull for him.
On another note, this monthly update seems good. Slightly underwhelming imo compared to last month’s with all the big stuff like skill share and master Volk, but I’m interested to see what onslaught events, as well as the agito twins, will be like and who the new F2P story character will be. Plus the version update coming with more team slots is gonna be really nice.
Also I’ve been having a lot more fun with the game now after the huge tome gift for shared skills. Using mine, I bought Cassandra’s to boost Grace and Kirsty’s performance, Hunter Sarisse’s for the other two in the MH gang (as well as other FS characters), Helly’s for all my supports, and, after throwing ~2 dollars I had leftover in my phone’s Google play wallet, Hmym’s purely for the animation considering it’s kind of a worse version of OGelly’s skill. I absolutely do not regret the purchase in the slightest.

1 Like

Ooh I managed to pull summer cleo as well!

Well I started to read about what characters I should skill share and I also been leveling up my buildings and event buildings so I could boost the stats of my units.

1 Like

I would probably say to just save the tomes for the 25% atk support skills should you have the characters that have them built considering they’re universally some of the best ones but otherwise use them however you want to as the OG story gang covers most of the important stuff save for all the status afflictions.
Also if you plan on doing HDTs/Agito, you don’t really need to be fully maxed to do them save for master ofc. Generally speaking, your might doesn’t really matter (unless you intend to be the main DPS) as long as you can consistently survive the opening vibe checks the dragons do, which is much easier now with the nerfs to them and co-ab setups if you need them. As for agito (which I’d recommend much more than HDTS), Volk is really the only one that needs specific setup should you play the core Hlowen bc he needs enough HP to fully heal plague off. Ciella and Kai Yan don’t really need anything outside of general knowledge on the fight to clear on standard bc they’re pretty easy for lategame content.

1 Like

I… I still cant beat standard :flushed::sweat: much less Agito. I beat Prelude a while back but…

1 Like

Assuming you do the usual co-op (as they were designed around) to enter the HDT/Agito cycles, they shouldn’t be too hard bc others can carry you pretty easily if you know the basics of the fights. I probably wouldn’t recommend going with a sleep res character on sHMS, the easiest by a large margin, considering it makes it much harder if you don’t know the fight too well.

1 Like

I finished grinding out my flame agito tree and now my baby boy has reached new heights that are very much unnecessary for a healer.

He can definitely go higher as well considering I don’t have any of the other flame faculties save for the event one and the slime fully maxed out.

Wow, I’m really enjoying the direction they’re taking with events now. The current one was great imo, even if it feels a bit dragged out at this point. I thought tradeoff of no free dragon for a 50MC adventurer that’s extremely OP for the event was a good one and Omega Mei Hou Wang is a pretty fun fight.
I’m looking forward to the next event a ton though. I’m interested to see how onslaught events will be like, but the shapeshift-only mode shown by the JP Twitter is what has my attention. Being able to use the OP dragons like Mars and Shinobi for long periods time, as well as actually being able to see Fatalis for once, is gonna be fun. I can’t wait to mess around in the mode with some of the dragons I’ve never really used like OGMariti for his roll skill.

1 Like

Im especially happy that they said they were going to give out more Rainbow Orbs in the event rewards. Ive been grinding each day only for a handful (6 orbs) of Rainbow orbs that I need for the Halidom and Units. Lets just say it was a bummer.

1 Like

Yup, I’ve 70MC’d quite a few characters lately and I’m completely drained of them. The 100 orbs from the FEH event shop were nice, but needless to say, those went away real fast. I don’t really plan on getting my altars to level 40 bc of how rare they are lol. The next time an event with Monster Hunter/ Anniversary Cleo rainbow droprate comes out, I’m absolutely not gonna slack on farming it.
On another note, the new banner is tempting for me even if Nadine seems to be more gimmicky than a top tier and I probably won’t build Linnea bc my shadow team is pretty much as optimized as I can get it for the time being. I really like both of their designs and Nadine’s selfie with Cleo in her background is adorable. Pls don’t let Nadine’s phone be a Zelda collab tease with how it’s “from another world” with a symbol on it suspiciously similar to the sheikah one in BOTW, my stash absolutely wouldn’t be ready.

The new story chapter was really good imo, I like the direction they’re going with it now. The new story character is pretty neat as well, even if I don’t plan on building her.

I’m happy we finally got playable Zethia, even if it’s not the original one. She seems fun to play with how high her damage is for a healer, but I already have enough shadow units built and I don’t think she’ll have a place on my team. As for the new chapter itself, I got pretty giddy when Volk showed up (especially with his easy fights) and it made me want the Agitos to be this game’s eternals much more, even if it might not make the most sense gameplay and story-wise rn. Anyways, I’m interested to see where they’ll go with the original Euden and him being the Agito leader. Him seemingly being the shadow Agito is pretty interesting as well given the outline for him in the original Agito announcement being a huge character.

I’m looking forward to the rest of the updates this week. The twins are likely gonna be a fun fight and the QoL changes like the greatly expanded storage, GBF party organization system, and the 3* pool character removals (+the water from everyone getting them) will be nice.

I just went all in on the new Gala banner with ~130 summons and I made out extremely well. Among a lot of dupes for water that I desperately needed, I got Lazry, Linnea, Styx, 2 Epimetheus dupes, a Tie Shan dupe, a Gilgamesh dupe, and 2 Gala Cats! I’m really happy I managed to get Cat bc my shadow team is max investment as-is and having her is gonna let me get it fully optimized once she’s MUB to completely break the game. Even tho I have the main star of the show, I’m still planning on doing more pulls for Deku and Cath bc I like them and for attempts at the 3 galas I’m missing.

1 Like

Wowza, how long did it take you to save?

I think it only took like 2 weeks actually lol. I went all in on the Nadine/Linnea banner unsuccessfully and the Halloween rerun (that I was kinda thankful for bc it was an easy skip for me) and the current event gave me a bunch of tickets and wymrite. This game is way too generous. I hope the summer banners don’t have any top waifus tho bc the OP cat is leaving my stash in shambles.

1 Like

This month’s preview seems pretty good. The summer reruns will be nice for me bc I missed them last year plus the usual ticket/mymrite rewards from them, as well as the Easter compendium rerun and defensive battle will be good for this years summer banners. Lily and Xander coming to take back their crowns in the water meta with 70MCs will be nice too. However, the team never ceases to surprise me with how they actively listen to the community, 70MC Helly and FS buffs are gonna be great. As for Agito, I’m curious what they’ll do with mKai to make him some form of challenge given how busted shadow is (especially in the current Gala Cat era) and his mechanic helping more than harming. The light agito boss has a pretty good design and I’m interested to see what problem he’ll have with Cleo/Zena.

1 Like

What in th-

Ive saved up for the banners that weren’t dark units but they all came fruitless. So that just had me like, time to head back to feh. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I think I got so much mainly in part bc of how I’ve been completely finishing event grinds the first day they come out for all the rewards lol. 2 back-to-back facility events certainly gives out a ton of summons, especially with the free daily tickets from them. My luck has been in favor of Dragalia lately, as mine in FEH hasn’t been particularly good as of late. The fact that I was able to build a team that can auto eCiella for wind agito grinds is keeping me lured more in Dragalia as well.

The new banner announcement really surprised me this time. If they really are going the GBF route when it comes to banners, I’m gonna be extremely happy. New general pool characters and dragons being introduced in galas couldn’t be more helpful for those trying to pull for them and the new remix format is nice as well for those that are chasing old galas. They really know how to bait me tho bc even if I have the 2 broken featured galas already and was planning on saving for the likely GLaxi, SPatia is cute and seemingly broken as well.
Also the next new banner better have SMariti. He’s truly amazing and I hope he doesn’t get stuck as a print-only design. Ebisu is drowning in the background while Mariti is just vibin and I love him.