Apple Arcade coming Sep 19

Early reactions (from people on the iOS 13 beta who’ve received early access) have been universally positive – often wildly so.

The skinny:

• $4.99/month with a 1 month free trial
  • 100+ games by fall 2019
  • all games are free of ads and in-app purchases
  • subscription can be shared with up to 5 family members (using Apple’s Family Sharing feature)

This is a no-brainer. I’m signing up immediately on Thursday.

5 Likes

A couple of the games look absolutely phenomenal. Really considering this.

3 Likes

The Pathless seems the kind of game I can spend hours and hours playing…

First time hearing about that feature XD

2 Likes

The price is really a steal, apple did the right move here and defo a lot of people will subscribe (incl. me if I end up with the new pro max as intended - green is my fav color… soooo :confused:)

5 Likes

I’m upgrading the kids’ phones to the iPhone 11 this year … trying hard to stick to my promise to myself NOT to upgrade my phone also … :confounded:

3 Likes

Currently I roll note 9 (sadly exynos 9810 that is a lot lot worse vs sd845) and an iphone 6s. Got one HTC M8 custom to the bone that still do fine, but rarely used nowdays. The note 9 will go into my girlfriend if I just to the pro max as I will 99% do.

2 Likes

Here’s a detailed table of all 62 games that will be available on Apple Arcade at launch tomorrow:

The launch library is tempting me already. Gungeon, Rayman, and Shantae (even if it’s not the complete game) alone got my interest.

My iPad is not compatible yet (it’s 6° generation) so I will have to wait ;_;
To anyone that has it already: what do you think of it so far?

The 6th gen iPad is compatible with iOS 13, actually — but I’d wait until iOS 13.1 is released (expected tomorrow) due to a number of issues reported in 13.0 …

Hey what? Mine says it isn’t. Good to know though.

Edit: apparently in Spain for the IOS 13 we have to wait until tomorrow.

1 Like

Can completely recommend this one! It’s not really a game but rather quite a sweet story in which you solve some simple puzzles in order to move on. It’s short but very enjoyable.

Have you tried out Apple Arcade? The feelings were mixed for me. Some games are decent like Oceanhorn 2 and Shinsekai into the Depths, Neo Cab, etc. However, it’s also filled with tons of games that need to rework, too many to name them, or they are just blatantly short and small. Seems like the idea is filled the service with some good games and an abundant number of ok games to justify the service. Still a good subscription overall

1 Like

I did not still, but for the price point is a steal. Even if not all games are great or for you. Everyone got different taste, different age also like diff games and so on. It’s a mix of games for everyone + it’s normal to have some “fill” games. It’s games list will only grow from here and also it’s really cheap as a whole.

1 Like

It’s not even like that lol, Oceanhorn 2 is for someone who want an adventure game and Neo Cab is for someone who into sci fi, and I believe they are polished, despite targeting different types of players. However, what I’m saying is the completion of a game and the experience of the game, some games control are so wonky, you can’t even adjust the sensitivity settings of your touch, your characters doesn’t move the way your want; the Sociable Soccer game will interrupt your every time you make a foul, etc.
As I said, it’s a good subscription overall and I don’t dislike it. And yes, there will be more games offer on Apple Arcade. :wink:

1 Like

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the service. Not sure I’m going to keep renewing my subscription, tbh. Even though it’s really quite cheap, I haven’t really found I play enough of the games to justify even that low cost.

I hate that, because I think the Apple Arcade model is soooooooo much better than the microtransactions model we’re currently stuck with.

1 Like