Announcing: VG Community Edition

What are you basing this on? And what exactly are you accusing them of? Do you believe that SEMC told Rogue to let Nightwalker go also?

What exactly makes you think SEMC is lying about what happened?

3 Likes

I also fail to see any fault in SEMC here… sure, they can’t devote resources to really support VG + could not find a solid publisher, but they do what they can at this point in time. To say that Kristian does not care for VG would be absurd. Bad decisions and sidesteps - sure, but that game is closest to his heart as it can get + his bigger success for now. Sure sure, they ruined it and took the wrong direction then kept with it stubbornly, but if VG can exist he would love it to.

3 Likes

Have we received anything about this situation from rogue yet?
Don’t you think it would have been wise to speak up if SEMC is trying to falsely accuse them?

SIS! I AM RIOT OUTSIDE SMEC TILL THEY OVERBUFF LYRA HEAL TO A POINT SHE BECOMES TOXIC. AND I WILL STILL ABUSE HER!!!

AND ALSO BUFF MALENE UNTIL SHE IS UNTOUCHABLE…

THEY HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME. I PROVIDE THEM COINS NOW!.
:3

30 chars

2 Likes

Bring back lyra’s snare. Increase her healing to 18% lyra’s bonus health.

Huge low cooldown on her ult. Higher AA attack ratio.
And lyra stans will be happy.

Malene Light A, longer root duration. Light B, increase barrier.
Dark B increase invulnarbility duration. Higher dark AA empowerment.

And malene stans will be happy.

Nerf ardan to ground.
Ardan stans will be happy too

And yes vox deserve a huge nerf to oblivion and buff samual.

Lyra is already pretty toxic 30

1 Like

I am really hoping everyone gets reset to unranked tbh. That would be the only positive of this whole mess of a situation.

1 Like

But but :frowning:

Not toxic enough.

30 chars

I say we go right back and bring back the minion miners. Y’know, the ones that actually buffed your minions if you captured them. Forget captain minions, they’re dumb, especially in 3v3.

Oh and while we’re at it can we bring back the old ace animation? I know it’s completely unnecessary but it was so much cooler.

5 Likes

Apparently Hellsdevil is attempting to get his own server. A dev already reached out when he asked on the Ama. Also saw Niv in the ama too.

Basically, you get to pay for hosting a broken game over which you have no control.

#Doomed2Fail

4 Likes

They need to support nodding at this point. DOTA does this and still retains their ranked mode. If VG has any chance of revival we need to temporarily turn it into MOBA GMOD

On the bright side balance changes and utilizing statistics are possible, so we might actually have new interesting metas spring up. I still wanna think about the possibility of hosting different Forummer servers for NA and EU.

Here’s my pipe dream:

It would be interesting to see VG go back to 2.8, IMO the best patch, delete the three newest heroes, and see how @Nivmett (c’mon you old fart, you responded last time I called you out here :crazy_face:) would balance heroes post 2.8 to fit in.

A HUGE undertaking that he’s under no obligation to undertake, but if the community’s serious, and I’d be willing to do so myself, folks could pay a super small fee (strength in numbers, would add up quick) to pay a contractor fee of sorts for someone like @Nivmett (2nd time now, you bum) to do something like this.

Also. Community:

• Remove talents
  • Add Rumble back (that was the name of 5v5 on HC, right?)
  • Bring casual 3v3 back
  • Strongly consider deleting 5v5
2 Likes

So far, so good …

Okay, good good …

Most certainly, yes … yes …

Perfection.

6 Likes

But… But I like 5v5 :clown_face::pensive:

Tbh the 5v5 map should have been worked on better and the release of 5v5 should have came with separate balancing from the start.

Rip to adding Corpus… Have the idea of having unique hero items would have been fun.

I feel like people don’t realize that there is zero reason financially for SEMC to come back. This is purely because they care about the game.

I don’t care what you think about SEMC. There is nothing cynical about spending your own time trying to save something for the players for zero gain.

While unlikely to be possible given the impression that the numbers on heroes, items, etc. seem to be the only things that can be changed in the community edition servers, I feel like reworking the talents to actually make them balanced with no levels or unnecessary bonuses and giving them real drawbacks could be fun, but only for casual play ofc. A TON would have to be reworked though considering most of the talents are broken by design.

They just want to convert vg fan base to Project Spellfire. They are no friends but a business.