WP TAKA NERFS? More like beating a dead horse

The win rate , I think is mostly due to her wp path… her cp is very situational …like very situational… in most cases u r better with other heroes… the rework We propose is to not only diversify her role but also bring play styles of different intentions to the game… especially the sovereign

1 Like

Actually, according to VGPro, her CP path is the most used one. Again, she doesn’t need a buff, specially in her kiting capabilities.

More like she cant get a buff, her kit is way to hard to make changes cuz if it was easy, she would have been buffed already

No, even if they could buff her she doesn’t need it, she has a 53% win rate.

Just because a hero has a high win rate, doesnt change the fact that she still not refined as the other heros are.

The reason why shes strong is because semc dropped the floor for all the current carries.

Plus her pick rate is low so her win rate could be based off of the few people playing her and winning with her.

Once the game becomes once again balanced in lets say 4.0.
I can bet that she will once again be situational against other heros

Agree. There are a few heroes where a new mechanic or mobility would be a great addition. Ringo is a prime example, but I think Joule, Petal, and maybe Koshka could benefit from full tear downs.

Then she needs QoL changes/rework, not a straight up buff.

As any other counterpick.

She is a counterpick, so it should be situational, same with reim.

A hero shouldnt be situational as ringo and others can be played whenever or wherever. Krul is a counter pick for some heros but hes still viable.

Well, that’s the point of counterpicks, they are designed to counter certain picks and not be generalist. I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s what makes draft interesting.

I disagree, I understand that some heros are made to counter others but they should be allowed to be played freely than only just to counter a hero

I really dislike this part.

I would talk about this more but its really off topic and I rather rant about WP Tako than if Petal is really viable or not.

Ill just agree to disagree and end it

1 Like

It may not crit but last patch I used to hit 700-900 per AA with SB BP TT TM. Melee heroes should always do more damage than range heroes imo especially when they aren’t tanky.

1 Like

SAW is doodoo and it was mentioned at some point he will get a rework. Petal is actually not that bad this patch probably because no one is inherently tanky anymore besides Phinn. Taka was good last patch in the right hands but they nerfed him to death for no reason. CP BF is so underrated but so strong, WP is garbage though because it is so one dimensional.

If you can play a counter pick anytime either they are too toxic or you have completely mastered the hero. There’s no reason as to why every Kensei should be able to kill squishies or every Reim can kill ranged heroes, but some can and the players that can tend to be one tricks or really good with the hero.

Some of the heros you call strong is more opinionated than being true to everyone since there are some stats on Vg pro so its good to know you are having a great time playing them. But I do agree that WP taka was great last patch

Petal is also strong since everyone has there base shield value lowered, its not her becoming stronger

I really do appreciate and agree with most of ur opinions but;

Even though u seem to justify ur opinions using stats websites, i do find some of ur statements contradicting.
In the past several patches, (I do follow vgpro.gg), taka was never good. His win rates have not been able to touch the 50% mark for quite a bit of time.

If the crit build that u suggest was so good which would have made taka so great, don’t u think that should have been exploited at least by some of the pros in the competitive field?
It’s not even listed in the vgpro website (like I said I do follow vgpro and in the past they have never listed the build that u suggest to have a “great” win rate, rather it has always been a cp build that topped, and even among wp builds, if I recall correctly, it was TB,SB and BP to have a decent win rate but at the same time a very low pick rate ).

But no one did, every other pro built him rather as a sustained damage dealer with builds starting of with SB and BP., even if they did play him (check out all the wp taka videos that are there).

This made him quite decent. With the old BP u can also go full tank after this and still do decent damage.
But now that defences are nerfed and with the meta leaning towards bursty builds, taka is worse as he is just too squishy and has always prevailed in diving the back lines. He is just dealt with very easily. With the amount of aoe and cc that there is Kaku right now can only be used for positioning purposes.

I have never seen a taka build a full crit build with less than two defences and do well.
Maybe u r basing these claims based on ur own experiences or maybe on the one or two games where the enemy built like that against you.
You can always bring these players with exceptional mechanics who outplay you into a discussion but that should not be base to what you want to justify. We are talking about the general player base as a whole.

If a hero must be altered based on stats then wp taka must receive a rather a sizeable buff or a complete rework. If it is based on their full potential then most of the heroes must be nerfed to ground.

We want to be somewhere in the middle. The problem with taka is that he cannot be played freely and is not viable in higher tiers.
The builds that I have suggested utilise building a lot of tank.
An assassin though should not be played like that.
He should be able to dive in, chunk a carries health by half or so and at the same time should be able to make it back, at the same time having room for outplays from both sides.
On paper crit build looks promising for these plays, practically not so much. He just doesnt have the tools to sustain himself.

And people plz don’t complain about 5v5 vision system. Plz scout traps would be op AF. And I think now that every player gets two scout traps, it’s actually pretty good. I mean one cannot complain that stealthy heroes are well …stealthy

Wow :open_mouth: as of now , taka is officially the worst hero of vg. 40 % win rate, my god its RIDICULOUS !!! His stats in vgpro are downright pathetic. What was the semc balancing team even thinking??

Do u ppl think that it’s an all time low ?? Like of all the heroes?? I am really curious ; I have never seen a hero with a win rate touching 40%. Srsly my god!

My god just check out the playing against taka section!

No, the hero that has achieved the lowest win rate is reza. I think he managed a 36%.

1 Like

I am basing my info off of VG pro since Semc doesnt allow all the stats to be released and I said Taka was great last patch, but thats from my own opinion.

Second to that, the tank meta didnt allow him to shine because its the tank meta and this patch WP range carries rules.

To back up my statement about WP Taka being “good” I could stretch his nerf to say that he was good enough to has his perk nerfed and have his wp ratio lowered as well.

I say that WP taka was good, but I never spoken for the community nor will I ever will.

The reason why I follow the crit build is that Nivmett, a dev, also took advantage of it because it gave a higher damage output than the regular tb and whatever build.

He was probably one of the people to take advantage of his perk being able to crit to a amazing amount.

I dont build damage because I would like to say that Im good with using the immunity from his A and Invis from the B to escape and engage without dying from having no defensive. Except I do get a RB if the other team is CC heavy

Another thing about buffs & nerfs in this game is they can end up changing what items are effective on a hero, and drastically. The difference between a dmg buils being effective on a hero vs a crit build, or sustain being more important than defense, can change with just a number difference alone, much less a kit change. I think this leads to a lot of mistaken ideas about heroes and their effectiveness because I don’t like Taka’s playstyle in general (love me some aoe) but I’ve seen very effective CP and WP Takas with the right build. I also personally have found petal to be very effective but I build 2 sustains on her and am constantly using her ult to outlive people, but it doesn’t seem like many people have picked up that strategy on her.

Also, pro tip with petal: AS works wonders on her with her munion cooldown. Idk why more people haven’t picked up on it but she’s actually getting stronger with the cooldown and AS changes because of it. She’s just squishy as f but if you build sustain AND defense on her she becomes quite formidable, able to chew down enemies with her munions, proc as every second, and heal at least 1/3 of a hero’s health each charge by endgame.

If you were able to fair so well with taka without any defences and with the crit build last patch…u must be a very competent player. I usually get deleted without defences :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

But is it really fair to say that his perk was good enough to be nerfed when his win rates and pick rates were already low?
After all this is a game for everyone and affects everybody.

Personally i only have my concerns regarding the charge time nerfs. That is just uncalled for.
His base weapon damage is in the lower end (like seriously far lower for a melee) .
Though i agree that there was a greater incentive in managing your Ki stacks though, in terms of greater basic attack damage than most heroes in game.

I do feel that Ki lasted for quite a bit of time and the changes to its duration only calls for greater skill cap.

But what would be your justification to not only lowering his bonus basic attack damage, but also its frequency?

He is squishy and melee. He can easily be bursted down. Increased basic attack damage merely becomes a trade off for all his weaknesses. To use him is to plan ahead in split seconds and assessing the consequences pretty carefully. One wrong step, you are just another fox in a box.

And given how wp taka is played, i would say it is absolutely necessary for him to have the increased damage on his basic attacks. Its not like u keep basic attacking the opposite carry while he/she runs to her base and still you are not able to kill him/her (hypothetical).

Definitely he does tons of damage with a crit build, but so do other heroes, if not a bit less. But they do have better utilities in their kit serving their playstyle. Basically if u are good with him dodging skill shots, cc s with kaiten and escaping with kaku (kaku is particularly hard against experience and vision), you more than deserve the greater damage on his basics.

His stealth aint op (except in his cp path) nor is his invulnerability. Its not like he kaitens for 1 whole second nor does his kaku have a reasonable grace period (its not like i want them to be like that either!).What i am trying to say is that he doesnt have anything groundbreaking for such a huge nerf.
Srsly, the delay in his mortal strikes is killing him.

Anyway, I dont mean to question your opinions, u can go on to say that im just another salty player ranting…hehe…but yes these are my opinions and my reasons why his nerfs are uncalled for.

Also, is the crit build still valid…what should i run him in 5v5 and 3v3?

1 Like