WP Samuel (New Meta?)

I’d get so salty in draft if someone did this ina ranked match, would be instant down vote and sad face from the start of the match…

I used him once… and completely destroyed the enemy (by completely destroyed I mean I ended with ~30 kda and 0 deaths) in duo p.

Ranked match? Or casual scrubs…

Ranked, but it’s not my fault, I was going to do CP jungle, but then the third one forced us to go lane wp :frowning:
Doesn’t matter, I’ve won in ranked with VOXPort, Taka Port, CP Saw jungle, Sawport, Hybrid Ringo… all in Vainglorious 87% Win Rate.

I once played some mid laner I don’t remember against a WP Sam, he had a tension bow and hit me with the empowered basic + TB proc every time for insane levels of burst…

2 Likes

Exactly my point. I think if you build it right, its viable

No it is not viable.

Probably your mechanical skills are better than your enemies skill.

Wp Samuel has nothing at all. All his skills are useless. When You activate your A lategame you are lowering your dps because you have no scaling.

Wp only amplifies your base attack. Its as good as wp celeste… People do it but they are horrible noobs or trolls. If you keep doing stuff like this you are using a bizarrely inferior build and will probably be downvoted for toxicity it is simply that bad.

3 Likes

Dude. It was already explained -in this very thread- how it works. The sustain in lane is great… and and if you think about it real hard, Gwen has no active skill that amplifies WP damage either - and she topped the Meta last patch. Wtf!? Mind blown!!!1?11!?

Just stop with these broad and ultimately false proclamations.

Gwen has WP ratios and a wp perk. Complete opposite of Samuel. So how about you stop correcting me…

2 Likes

He isn’t horrible, but not as bad as WP Celeste, at least his attacks doesn’t takes half a year to hit :rage:

Yes, she has absolutely trashy WP ratios on her A and C. And the best hope you have of maybe making use of either of them in terms of DPS is resetting your Autos with her A. GG.

The bonus damage from Samuel’s perk has no weapon scaling and is up less often, but on the other hand it does not require him to stop attacking. Oh and it heals him.
Then there’s the fact his AA damage is actually higher than Gwen’s. His range and base movement speed are higher, too.

He can out-trade Gwen, if played smart, and it’s bothersome as ■■■■ having to correct you in the first place.

Samuel has his high base weapon damage, his great auto attack range and his passive going for his weapon path. But the reason why you won is your build. SB SM TT is a 1v1 build with which you can trade well in most fights, regardless of the hero and kit. Put that build on any other weapon laner, and they will offer more than weapon Samuel ever could.

1 Like

He has slighty more range than all Ranged heroes, except for Adagio, at 6.3 attack range over 6.2 which is what Ringo, Gwen, Kestrel has

His movespeed is a respectable 3.2 and overall is faster than some, slower than others. Which is why his WP path is highly situational and even then, I would still argue his CP path is better.

His perk does match perfectly with TB, both at 6 seconds, but that’s about it. 1v1 will be good. early game pressure.

Still, landing a MV DD with a few crystal items will do just as much damage early game, and scales into late game.
I’d still try WP Samuel in Casuals, just for fun.

1 Like

Ah WP Samuel is a bit unorthodox, but not too uncommon. I wouldn’t recommend rank 7 and above, but otherwise he can snowball well in the jungle.

Outrade gwen? Have you faced good gwens? She had her perk up every other hit with some attack speed behind her and her damage output is far superior to anything sam can do. Gwen with her ratios and burst is a very good BP stacker. Sam needs crit and atleast two attack speed items to start dealing damage. I have played wp sam in my first few months of VG and understand what he can do, he can definitely be played in casuals/brawl/party for the fun but playing wp sam in ranked soloq is usually not the best idea.
He has good base damage and range isn’t the best argument to use weapon sam, fortress has the same stats and do you see weapon fortress?

1 Like

That’s the thing: She can utilize either her perk or attack speed, but not both. So no, her straight up damage output is lower than WP Samuel’s, and she will be falling behind due to his perk, the longer she stays engaged.
The way to get murdered by Gwen is to trade hits once every 1.4 secs, when her perk is up. Yeah, bad idea. But that goes for every carry out there.

Yeah, agreed. That may be related to your allies going full tilt on hero select, though, because they are blind Meta slaves and never cared to run the actual numbers, or get some first-hand experience.

1 Like

I tried WP Samuel. Damage output is Dismal and not worth it. but the burst from having TB is just so good. Might try a hybrid build.

could work out.

@Dachigenius remember when I destroyed your cp sam with my wp sam?

1 Like

If the skill is around the same, gwen will easily outtrade WP samuel. She is great at poke with her perk + A. Also late game when you have a lot of attack speed you will utilise both as he perk is up in no time (it’s shorter with higher attack speed). Depends how you build her, i.e. atack speed and BP or crit.

Ok for the sake of this discussion i will try wp samuel on rank (t9). Looool ill post here or make a thread. GG if i get marked as a troll. Although im gonna tell you im no pro at sam but im decent on using him sooo…Or try it first in casual?? :thinking:

Edit: it suck or i was not playing him right. tb plus his perk is scary early game. But it falls up hugely late game.or maybe i was just bad at WP sam lol good grief i didnt try it on rank :haha:

2 Likes