Wild Rift at the Summer Game Fest!

:celeste:

2 Likes

I think I can share the upcoming livestream that starts in 4 hours for me in the east.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, would have missed that one if not you! :beers:

1 Like

Aww glad I could help! :easter_happy_1: Just remember to turn off chat since… Its a little rowdy down there :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Welp that’s actually more than what I expected.

Skins
• Returning skinlines also like Arclight Vayne!
Models
• Ahri got a massive glowup and her new skin looks soo pretty and DETAILED! I played four mobile mobas that isnt VG and her model looks so refined compared to the current mobile mobas.
Heros
• I see Camille and Fiora… IG Im back to being a toplaner and sub support player :flicker:

Tbh I still like PC more but its a change of pace.

2 Likes

Wild Rift news I guess:

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

The TL;DW of the dev diary, the important bits I think that people want to know are:

1. Which Champions made it into Alpha?

36 in total, split across these roles. Note: I haven’t played or kept up to date with the League PC meta, so correct me if I’m wrong in their role allocations.

[Top Laners] (7)

• Camille
  • Garen
  • Fiora
  • Jax
  • Malphite
  • Nasus
  • Tryndamere

[Mid Laners] (10)

• Ahri
  • Annie
  • Aurelion Sol
  • Fizz
  • Lux
  • Orianna
  • Twisted Fate
  • Yasuo
  • Zed
  • Ziggs

[Bot Laners] (6)

• Ashe
  • Ezreal
  • Jinx
  • Jhinn
  • Miss Fortune
  • Vayne

[Junglers] (7)

• Gragas
  • Graves
  • Master Yi
  • Olaf
  • Shyvana
  • Vi
  • Xin Zhao

[Supports] (6)

• Alistar
  • Blitzcrank
  • Braum
  • Janna
  • Nami
  • Soraka
  1. Game modes available in Alpha?

Standard 5v5 and Co-op vs. A.I. 5v5.
They’re looking to add more in the future of course.

1. Rank related matters.

Alpha players get to test the system apparently, but very few details otherwise.

1. MONETISATION!

Basically, whatever business model that’s used for the PC League.
So not stupid mobile games shenanigans at least!

[THE END]

3 Likes

It will not really clash that much with PC as it’s faster/slightly different version of LOL. I can really see myself playing both with no issues and in consideration with the time I have in X moment/day.

TBH that game looks and screams high quality in all regards and I feel it will turn out great for real. Can’t wait to test it out…

2 Likes
1 Like

Of COURSE. :roll_eyes:

What makes you think I’d even agree to be in this game?

2 Likes

Since we have Lux on the list, Im surprised Kai’sa wasn’t on it as well…

98f247026fa3af3eeddd695caad350bc

:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Now the question becomes… How soon until loopholes are out there for folks being able to access these alphas NOT from these regions? Not that I’m saying that’s okay nor that I’m interested…

Depends how they do the beta, after all it requires riot account. Also ios is by default a no go.

There is also something else worth mentioning: not sure if they will want to delay the testing too much, because the hype is real and if that beta drags for months it will fade away atleast somewhat. We all will watch so many matches from content creators, we will get even more hyped annnd imagine waiting for a year to play it.

If all is good, and I am sure it will be (- some minor things to iron out), I guess they will start a lot wider rollout and even global at the end of the summer (if not sooner). We will see.

I finally got a chance to watch the whole gameplay trailer today, and WOW, I am excited – the game looks incredibly impressive even in its current “alpha” form!

I also agree that a wider rollout is likely relatively soon. Their stated goals for this region-limited alpha are aimed at tuning the game and the underlying infrastructure. As expected, Riot seems really to be going about this in a very thoughtful, thorough way.

1 Like

Will all the seriousness, this game really screams high quality and will most likely turn out to be one of the best mobile games (and defo mobile MOBAs) ever created. I will totally play it alongside PC LOL depending where I am/how much time I got.

From gfx, sound, UI (what is shown, like draft screen), skins, monetisation model that is like the PC game and fair, gameplay looks fun and defo feels like watching PC LOL match, map is basically a little bit scaled down original, they specially addressed the controls and how much time they put into them + the precision what you target and so on - everything is what I could dream off to be.

Some will be a little bit upset with joystick controls, but they are not that bad at all (and I feel wild rift will rise the bar for sure) + people need to consider that the game will be out for consoles and will support gamepad on mobile too (omg, will pair my iphone to my TV and play with my PS4 controller… and yes, screen mirroring/airplay on iphones is insane - no lag and supa dupa high quality + locked 60fps). It just makes tons of sense to release joystick as it’s basically virtual gamepad, i.e. same controls as the consoles.

Oh, hope I can play it soon… oh oh almost forgot - and all that video footage was recorded on a phone from 2016 was said! 2016!

1 Like

Hmm. This may be down to the game being displayed on older hardware, and perhaps higher graphic settings will be available… but I don’t think Wild Rift compares favourably to Vainglory, in the GFX department?
It’s not that any of it is terrible “for a mobile game” - but if I think back to things like the animation of the chain on Glaive’s weapon, and just VG’s movement animations in general, posture changes and so on… it’s not on the same level.

When it comes to gameplay, I will always miss touch controls. That’s just personal preference (for an objectively superiour control scheme :smirk: ), but as far as I can tell, Wild Rift’s main advantage is the IP.
To me, it looks like a downgrade in every aspect, except reach (read playerbase). I have not seen the UI and especially community features integration, but I would imagine that’s going to be another point where Riot’s going to easily outshine SEMC. I mean, working chat would already make them winners.

So I’m a bit torn. I’d call Wild Rift a solid product, but without any of the things that made VG stand out.

lol, sorry but that one sound like a fanboy. Nothing bad really with it, I am sure few people will play VG CE. I strongly disagree with everything said, even controls as for PHONE joystick is not that bad at all, I had so many times pain in my fingers trying to reach upper mid of the screen on my big phones. When VG launched biggest phone was 5 inch and on top of t hat the map was horizontal. With bigger screens and 5vs5 map it was not that comfortable at all + you hide the screen with fingers. I can play with both methods, but it’s not that clear winner overall touch vs joystick. If you talk only about precision - sure, but there is more into it than that.

1 Like