Wild Rift at the Summer Game Fest!

VG is superior in that aspect I do admit. You can see their hard work making the maps, animations, and models, look as realistic as possible. But at the end of the day, that doesn’t matter if it can’t make the game successful.

Another small note is that the WR models look way better than any other non VG mmobas rn so ML will have some fierce competition as #1.

How exactly VG looks better vs lol wr? Seriously? roflmao

Deleted what my post originally said to shorten it but Ill summarize it. I like VGs realistic artstyle compared to the overused cartoony LoL/WR feel.

Now Im not saying I hate the cartoonish style, cuz I do like it, but what made me play VG was its unique artstyle. Not much it being touch control.

2 Likes

Slight editing of your post here - I hope I got that right.

Your observation is true, of course. It’s just difficult to understand how a product that was literally years ahead of its competition in so many aspects couldn’t compete.
Bad marketing decisions and such aside, VG’s core gameplay and visuals were outstanding, and only started to suffer after the introduction of 5vs5, when SEMC’s resources were already spread thin (in part because revenue had not been living up to projections before the switch).

That’s a bit of a cautionary tale with regards to much of the “free market” BS we’ve been fed. If marketing is more conductive to a product’s success than quality, people will always be better off trying to peddle crap to maximum effect.
Not that I would put Wild Rift into that category, but during VG’s early days, it didn’t have much competition past the typical mobile games and ports.

2 Likes

Tbh, that’s a matter of taste rather than one being innately superior to the other.

Me, I find VG to be very attractive visually, but I find League far easier to actually play in the heat of battle, because it’s much easier to instantly identify friendly & enemy units with League’s more stylized graphics.

2 Likes

Eh… you can sortof put gameplay videos next to each other, and you’ll notice stuff like: There’s trees on both sides, but they’re twice as detailed and animated on one.
I could make a list of similar instances now, but it’s just a fairly obvious difference in quality to me.
I’d be interested which aspect you think has a higher level of detail on the Wild Rift side.

Again: Some of this may be down to Riot intentionally showcasing Wild Rift on dated hardware in their dev stream. Perhaps there’s two or three graphic settings that completely flip the tables. I just don’t see those, at the moment.

1. I’m not talking about Wild Rift, I am talking about League. Wild Rift is in alpha, so comparing its graphics at this stage to anything is not reasonable.

2. I did not say anything about the level of detail. I stated that I find League’s stylized graphics easier to interpret quickly in situations such as large team fights.

1 Like

They are indeed + I personally like league style (UX, gfx, sound, music, universe, etc). Also this - it’s alpha and we will see improvements + post launch too. This will not be one of those games that are not developed and even mobile legends saw massive gfx updates and engine updates over the years. I am sure lol:wr will be huge and riot will improve it regularly (the same as LOL on PC). This includes every aspect of it, gfx too.

1 Like