What not to play in 5v5 ranked

Petal is one of the worst late game heroes. She’s early game hero. She also has basically the worst comeback potential of all heroes. There is a reason she’s not played and it’s not her late game, it’s that it’s just bad.

3 Likes

lol Yes she’s early game but I’m talking about an effective Petal, which will be healing your team in a pinch as much as she’s attacking. That’s what makes her effective late. Early she’s a killer, late she’s a pinch healer with kill potential.

@Sadiholic Yes churnwalker is great but no most churnwalkers don’t do well at t4, and it’s not because they’re not good.

Seriously? This doesn’t even make sense. She’s not a healer. She has a pathetic kill. So she’s entirely useless but a heal that has super long CD and isn’t impactful like Grace’s is gonna be strong late? No Petal is one of the worst lategame heroes in VG no way around it. Her heal does not change literally anything.

1 Like

lol. She’s not a healer but she has a heal that can be shortened drastically with a clockwork and improved dramatically with crystal power that she’s going to have anyway as cp? But it doesn’t make sense? Of course she’s not as impactful as grace on a single target but she can damage the enemy as well as heal a whole team if they’re close enough to the blast but it doesn’t make sense? To be blunt what doesn’t make sense is that you don’t see how that is helpful, because where grace can save 1 person she can save multiple teammates from the backline while sending her munions in to harass, say, the enemy captain or carry. I don’t see where that doesn’t make sense. Not to mention her kill is over time as cp so it’s not meant to be immediate but in a sustained fight, but you walked into this supporting @Sandiha and his/her trash talk so I don’t expect acknowledgement of her capability anyway, but to say her kit or potential doesn’t make sense is blatantly false or ignorant, whichever one.

What I said is she has long cooldown PLUS it is has no impact. Lyra and Adagio heal frequently, Petal doesn’t and isn’t supposed to, she’s a DPS not support.

Here, that’s how much she heals with full build. 3 chargers and can’t heal herself up fully while having pathetically low health pool. Also I’ve not seen any people build CW on her but I got it for you in the screenshots anyway. She should be DPS hero. She’s squishy and doesn’t do damage because the munions are never alive. The ult needs alive munions too but let’s ignore that. So she brings barely noticeable utility, dies faster than basically anyone, doesn’t do damage and you’re saying she’s a lategame hero. Krul can stun a target and reduce 50% of their damage. Does it mean he’s lategame hero? Her ult is also the only other damage she has in her kit besides normal attacks of munions. So she would be losing damage when healing.

And this is EXACTLY why she’s terrible… How can she even attend sustained fights when she’s that squishy and her only form of damage doesn’t exist when the munions are always dead.
I don’t like how you just shift the talk saying I am just supporting Sandiha when this isn’t even the case. I have independent opinion and not biased against anyone. Do I agree with him that CP Baron is terrible? Damn right I do. Do I agree with the way he answered do you? No I don’t. It was kinda personally attacking you and rude. But him addressing you like that should somehow change my opinion? Why? I have to agree with you because of that? No. Please don’t play the victim with me because I never personally attacked anyone. I’m disagreeing with you because I do think what you’re saying is ridiculous but that doesn’t mean I’m attacking you or “supporting trash talk”.

And also I think you need to think a bit before you post and reread what you’re saying before you say what I’m saying is incorrect.

I don’t think you knew what you were talking about here. If this isn’t contradiction I don’t know what is.

3 Likes

Note that I didn’t say you had the same opinion as Sandiha but that you came into this part of the discussion making a claim that there was no difference between the way we spoke to each other, but then you say that you don’t agree with the way he responded to me, which I inferr to be coming into this part of the discussion supporting him. Where this victim playing is concerned, the truth is the truth, and attempting to demean it doesn’t make it any less true.

As for Petal, you don’t need full health heals to make a saving play and she’s not as squishy if you build her right. She’s an early game killer and a late game healer/dot dealer, which I believe I clarified in one form or another already.

You’re really trying hard to twist my words and change this from balance topic to some forum beef. I there is no difference between what you DID. You both ignored each other’s questions. Not the WAY it was put in. Also I’m no mod or anything. I’m not here to call out people for how the talk to others so I’m not supposed to defend you either. I agreed with his opinion not the way he put it.

Also if you’re saying Petal isn’t squishy it’s just bullshit. Have you ever checked her stats? Anyone with lower HP? No matter what you build she would still be squishy. She is just bad. Her kit is just not effective. She is TERRIBLE late game. Her pathetic heal doesn’t change anything. It would be much better if she could fill her role. And she doesn’t even have dot in her kit…

There is a difference. He made a veiled insult to me. I approached him cordially. He got what he deserved. That’s all I have to say about that.

As for Petal, what do you think her munion damage is: dot. Everything else, I’m not interested in debating any further.

[quote=“TheInterpreter, post:65, topic:4506, full:true”] supporting @Sandiha and his/her
[/quote]
do i look like a chick to you ?

1 Like

SEMC needs to find the correct path for Petal, either a mage or adc hero. Not both. Her A and C are more like mage abilities and her B is more a adc ability.

I think if they chose a path with her, she would be in a much better position rn.

Like change her into a Cp (Mage) hero not both Cp and Wp

1 Like

Like Xeno said in one of his streams, why not just make her a Zyra or Heimadinger type of hero with turrets?

@Sandiha isn’t trash talking. Your general ideas aren’t supported by other players

Sigh. I was tier 5 at the time of posting and he decided to start talking about how “tier 5 skrubs” can’t know anything. If that wasn’t a veiled insult then I guess the sky is green. I have no problem with him having an opinion, but if I decided to say the jackass with the bad attitude can have his opinion, I’d be insulting him in a veiled manner and it wouldn’t be nice. I’m not concerned about whether he agrees but he can keep his pet names to himself.

#conchitawurst

:rofl::joy::laughing:

1 Like

2 Likes

Again why the hell are you shifting focus to that? Why do you involve me in that? Am I Sandiha? Am I you? Please stop trying to play victim with me. I don’t have anything to do with you 2 in this case. You see you’re not right about Petal so let’s try to shift the discussion towards this even though I have NOTHING to do with it. If you can read then that is pretty obvious.

Do you even know what dot is? Ringo can stay there fighting over time with his pistol, doesn’t mean he is dot hero. And yes I know his ult has dot.

2 Likes

Too much effort to answer the obvious. Petal’s kit is (actually was) good for 3vs3, transitioned really bad into 5vs5 and more over the current meta/heroes added in the last year. Actually a lot of heroes suffer from kit designed for 3vs3 and even in some cases the map there, but Petal is one of the hardest hit. Not to mention that on top of that the frost slow apply from minions was removed and this killed her in 3vs3 too (and her specific role like taka counter).

1 Like

Lol wait what, so you made a comment about there being no difference and I respond there was a difference and somehow logically to you that is shifting the focus and playing the victim? Commenting on your comment? Not to mention I commented on petal as well but I’m shifting the focus?

Second what: So standing there and doing damage over time instead of one big burst is not damage over time? Even though it’s being done over time? I guess a Skaarf ult isn’t damage over time? I guess it’s the same thing as a Reza Firestarter? I guess attacking someone with petal’s munions is the same as hitting them with her ult? I mean I gotta guess that Taka’s ult is the same as his mortal wound damage then? Because by your logic I really gotta assume that a Flicker B and a SAW A do damage at the same speed?

Ok then.

I don’t think there’s much more that needs to be said in the context of twisting things or shifting things to force a point.

DoT damage is different, Ringo ult burn damage is DoT, Catherine’s bubble is DoT, Adagio’s fire is DoT, not skaarf ult isn’t, petal munions aren’t, joule ult isn’t, good burn isn’t.

I don’t know if you’re serious or just trolling. I said there is no difference between your REPLIES. N O T the way it was put. You asked him if he can give example of heroes not played in high tiers who are worthless, he ignored. He then told you about 1874927318 reasons Baron is terrible and you ignored. See that it is the same? Do I agree with that? Hell yes he’s so bad. Where the hell did I say I agree with him flaming you? If you have any problem talk in private or call a mod but please do not ever mention me in this again because it’s pathetic. I do not have anything to do with that nor do I want to.

Can you go back and read what you actually said for her? From the entire post when you exclude you trying to make me feel bad for nothing over your problem with Sandiha you ONLY said she has dot which is completely false and I gave you an example already. So basically every 2 basic attacks are Dot? I mean you can’t AA twice at the same time so it is dot right? No. So I was right you don’t even know what dot is. Dot is an effect, not literally doing damage over time. Petal munions most certainly do not do dot.

Lastly do you have any proof of Petal ever doing good in 5v5? Any?

1 Like