Volume 7 Discussion

Chapter 7 - Worst Case Scenario

Air date: 2019-12-14T16:00:00Z

Chapter 8 - Cordially Invited

Air date: 2019-12-21T16:00:00Z

This was SUCH a good episode … no action at all, but so interesting!

Also (spoiler)

Omg, Weiss’s mom is so beautiful … and so sad! Weiss’s whole family is a tragedy, and all of it brought on by Jacques! :rage:

Chapter 7, boooo penny is basically a horcrux! Rip

It woulda been more compelling if penny was an ai that became self aware and genereated an aura, instead of just being a program with a piece of dad’s soul xd.

Oh well, long live the whoshallnotbenamed and his horcrux.

PSA: RWBY is on hiatus this week for the Christmas holiday; Chapter 9 will be aired (for FIRST members) on 4 Jan 2020!

Chapter 9 - As Above, So Below

Air date: 2020-01-04T16:00:00Z

If I love Weiss ONE more time…

1 Like

I agree — every time I think I couldn’t POSSIBLY love Weiss any more … I’m wrong :blue_heart: :snowflake:

1 Like

Hello yes, I am now currently losing my mind

1 Like

Chapter 10 - Out in the Open

Air date: 2020-01-11T16:00:00Z

Chapter 11 - Gravity

Air date: 2020-01-18T16:00:00Z

O. M. G. :flushed:

Spoiler

I KNEW WE COULDN’T TRUST THE ACE OPS – or Ironwood!!! :rage:

1 Like

I think I need a hug, I really really big hug…

Spoiler response

I can’t even be mad about Ironwood/ the Ace OPs turning on RWBY like that. In their eyes, they are doing what is right to save the most people (especially after RWBY failed to prove their trust) which makes this all the more tragic to me. Tell me you saw Marrow’s face when he stood against RWBY like that, my heart broke almost as much as it did when Ruby… -sniff-

1 Like

Yah … so much tension the whole time they’ve been in Atlas, and now … :confounded:

More discussion (spoilers)

I AM mad at Ironwood – he’s falling prey to Salem’s spreading of fear and doubt, seeing only certain defeat if he faces her. That’s obviously not how Ruby (and RWBY, who follow Ruby’s lead, having seen her proven right time and again) sees things: only by facing Salem can they hope to win.

As far as the Ace Ops, being in effect soldiers, they are defaulting to “just following orders” – some of them struggle with that (Marrow), most of the others don’t give it a second thought. Again, a huge contrast to Team RWBY (and JNR), who don’t hesitate to question and discuss at decision points.

Last but not least, I don’t see Blake & Yang’s telling Robyn about the tower as RWBY betraying Ironwood’s trust, even though Ironwood obviously does. Rather, it was clearly the right thing to do, because Ironwood’s secrecy was dividing Atlas and Mantle and threatening the survival of both. I also see Ruby’s initial hesitation to telling Ironwood everything as completely correct, considering that he now intends to imprison them and to take the Relic of Knowledge from them. (Of course, now that Oscar’s missing, it’s not clear that he can do that – also, I’m hoping Jinn will make an appearance this volume, because I absolutely love her!)

AAAAAAAAAAAA – only 2 more episodes, and I don’t think I’m going to survive unless they solve some of these questions by the end of the season!!!

1 Like
Spoilers beware!

Don’t get me wrong, I am totally on the side of RWBY here, I’m just trying to put myself in Ironwood’s shoes here. His descent into absolute paranoia and dictatorship has been hinted at since vol 4. The black queen piece really is his biggest trigger from the trauma he faced back in beacon. Team RWBY really weren’t the only ones who were traumatized after beacon and I think CRWBY did a great job of showing that with Ironwood.

Even Ironwood said it himself in the previous episode “Salem seeks only to divide us” so deep down he DOES know the right steps one should take against Salem, but all of his rationality and humanity was lost so quickly due to Salem and Cinder getting in his head like that.

What Rwby did makes total sense, but from Ironwood’s pov what they did only adds to the long list of negatives he has to deal with.

These last two episodes are probably going to kill me so this might be the last week I check back on this thread XD I think that we may see Jinn again soon since that last question might be the only way the heroes can turn the tide.

1 Like

Agree agree agree!

1 Like

Chapter 12 - With Friends Like These

Air date: 2020-01-25T16:00:00Z

1 Like

What is your status Hazel, still alive?

Barely. Going to be in therapy for the next 8 months, it seems.

Major spoiler

Why did they have to kill the good one?!? :sob: I hate Tyrian sooooo much!

Well tell me how your therapy goes because I will definitely be needing it after Saturday.

Spoila

I really feared for Clover throughout this volume, but I can’t say I predicted he would go down like that… I was truly shocked. Also I’d just like to say that the fights were phenomenal this episode, granted a lot of people do question how they went, I’m curious as to what you think personally.

Also the fact that this volume can get darker is scaring me immensely, we need emotional support Zweis :rwby_zwei:

1 Like