Voice chat and text chat are confirmed upcoming feature

But you can play league with no problem right? I get around 170ms

Na its not fun for me because i was playing vg and then i tried both ML and aov . It is like a fortnite player trying to play roblox fortnite. Its like a marvel fan who also likes dc characters trying to watch the new dc movie but getting dissapointed. Its like driving a ferrari then switching to a toyota with flat tyres. Its like playing xin zhao (lol) then playing zanis (aov).

¯\(ツ)

De gustibus non disputandum est.

1 Like

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Suum cuique.

thirtycharacters

2 Likes

We are hereby changing the official language of this forum to Latin.

4 Likes

Can we go deader and do enochian?

1 Like

Operibus anteire

triginta characteribus

3 Likes

Yes, please. It’s funnier in enochian. :angel:

1 Like

To me it’s pretty disappointing how popular those games are tbh. They’re very stripped down versions of MOBAs - basically have the bare necessities, and focus far more on condensed fights than overarching strategy. If AoV was to be released on PC it would certainly have nowhere near as many players as it does on mobile because the gamers on PC are significantly different from those on mobile.

While this stems largely from the fact that on PC you can sit for hours playing, which generally promotes more serious gaming, and the mobile platform is more tailored towards short bursts of gaming (see the success of Candy crush and clash of clans) this also points to a larger problem in the mindset of mobile gamers, who believe that all their games must be exactly that, short snatches of action while waiting for the bus, etc. The reason why I respect SEMC so much is that they’re trying to change that. Sure, they may not have had huge success but the fact that so many people actually play it speaks to perhaps a general shift in this mindset.

I’ll take another example to point out how mobile gamers are more casual than their PC counterparts - the recently released PUBG Mobile. It’s topping charts right now, and it brings a watered-down version of the popular game to mobile, and that’s the key - it’s not an original port. It has lots of changes that pander to the casual population. For example, much like when you begin AoV, your games are literally full of bots. I realized this after I won 3 chicken dinners out of my first three games - the first time I was super high on my success (which is obviously what Tencent wants), the second time I was a bit incredulous and the third I googled to see why I was winning so much lol. PUBG PC I’ve rarely won top 10. You also see an indicator on the minimap that tells you where someone’s shooting from, you also have aim assist, I could go on…

Similarly in Fortnite mobile you get to see indicators showing where chests are instead of listening because mobile gamers’ ears are worse than PC gamers’ of course…

Which is also why I respect VG so much, there’s very little pandering to the casual mindset involved - sure, of late there’s been more, with talents and brawls and all that, but the core of the game is a fully fledged MOBA that you could easily see on your PC, but on mobile. But unfortunately Vainglory is never going to be hugely successful because the majority of players on mobile think that their games must be casual and don’t know or believe that they can be better.

1 Like

I thought I’d share a voice-chat transcript from my last PUBG Mobile match, because I feel it is relevant to the discussion.
It involves Player 1 (an obviously agitated young man with a limited command of the English language, and a pressing question) and Player 2 (a nice person with a broken mic):

Player 1: Hello!?
Player 1: Hello, can you hear me?

Player 2: static

Player 1: Hello? I can’t hear you!

Player 1: I have a question!

Player 2: indistinguishable sounds
Player 2: Hello!?

Player 1: Are you Muslim!?

Player 1: Are you Muslim?

Player 2: What?

Player 1: Can you answer my question!? Are you Muslim?!?!

Player 2: No.

Player 1: Because last match, I said I was Christian, and this guy cursed at me.

Player 2: I am a nice person.

Player 1: SHIT, I AM BEING SHOT!

Can’t wait until voice-chat comes to VG!

1 Like

Why not to add voice in section where you choose mode? So you can with, or without it

Oh god the q times hurt thinking of this