Voice chat and text chat are confirmed upcoming feature

Because getting cursed out in 4 different languages is exactly what I needed in my ranked experience

2 Likes

I’m the only one who seems to be happy for voice chat. I know I’m in NA and everyone speaks English so that could be part of it but being able to properly talk to my teammates and talk strategy with them is a bit exciting. It’ll help VG grow. Everyone who don’t want voice chat can just mute so I don’t see any problem in it. I just hope SEMC will somehow have the mic not pick up the VG game sound because that will just be frustrating, annoying, and make voice chat difficult. They could develop something like Alexa/Google/Siri where when you have voice chat on you would have to say a special word first for it to pick up, then deactivate after 5 seconds. Have player’s know with a mic symbol next to the locked map and search symbol it would be grayed out when active, glowing when listening, and red when muted.

Well at least NA and SA servers will be happy.

1 Like

Yikes…

That was comical :joy:

3 Likes

Use earbuds with a microphone.

The headphones can get in the way for phone users. Since you hold the phone top to bottom.

1 Like

Sigh. So let me get this straight.

All sorts of pings and texts had to be removed, due to them being used in toxic ways. Even “Thanks!” was deemed too toxic for the VG community.

Presumably, this is why we can’t have custom texts, or select from a wider range of pre-set (and translated) choices to suit our needs.

But now SEMC is investing resources into adding voice-chat?

Oh-kay… smart move.

5 Likes

I’d like this 100x if I could.

2 Likes

Wonder if they will use voice to text software to screen for trolling in real time

:^ ……)

17 years counting and I still can’t get less than 150 ping…

Why can’t I spam spaces to make the KMS face longer, smh

1 Like

I think it’s a great idea but it shouldn’t be on by default. Invested players will use it. All others won’t. Have a mute option readily available. Chat during a match IS necessary sometimes.

As for toxicity and trolling fears, I think they’re way overblown. Anyone who will have time to troll that much instead of say something constructive in a match will probably cause the loss and get banned, same as I’ve seen it work in 5v5 with pregame chat.

2 Likes

I didnt mean #1 in terms of revenue and popularity i know the games you mention are far more popular and thier companies are mobile gaming giants but those games are absolutely shit when you compare the three. when you play all three(which is what i do) you instantly know which one is really the number one spot and that is ofcourse vg.when someone ask you which is the better game dont go telling them the shitty game that makes alot of profit,that is a crime. Tencent can do licence heroes to gain popularity just like a big company making a half assed product and advertising it with a big celebrity by this what i meant is that “dont forget the hard work semc devs put on making original heroes and creating rich lores instead of copying heroes from other moba”. Now if you prefer the copies then this wont make sense to you.

Some countries in asia get 250ms on league of legends which is owned by “tencent” now it has been 9 years and still its 170-180ms(unplayable). So your not on the worst train bud.

Voice chat used when you play with your friends amts to zero toxicity and alot more fun. Im excited

Voice chat and text chat will be very useful for team playing but since most of players are soloQ, it will be useless. In other mobas, i always disable or mute these feature because there are so many trash talk, insulting, bullying and profanity. The worst is when each player cant speak english, for example in SEA. Indonesians will never understand and able to read thai or myanmar alphabets, on the contrary australian wont understand the language from SEA’s country. So the communication and understanding are hard to be created, unless each player understand english. Adult players maybe understand some english but playing with kids is horrible, they will chat with their own language innocently. If these feature really come to VG, i will disable or mute it.

Just because I’m not in the worst position overall doesn’t mean that SEMC hasn’t messed up harder in my situation. My average ping is 250-350, and live in Australia.
IMO if Stunlock Studios, the creators of Battlerite, can maintain an Australian server that works for everyone, I don’t see why SEMC can’t.

Well at least I have hearing issues.

I hope voice chat is muted by default because it’ll get super tedious muting it every single game which is what I’ll do… The only scenario I’d ever use voice chat is if I’m playing with friends in which case I’d simply use discord which isn’t hard to use at all.

1 Like

riot is owned by tencent, but their main hq is still based in america

1 Like

Would never use it. It’s a mobile game (not that semc has any awareness of this fact). Stop trying to make it into LoL! So much fail in this company right now.

Neither ML:BB nor AoV are “absolutely shit.” They’re both hugely popular for a reason, and that reason is that they’re fun to play. You may not represent the target audience (which is more casual players who want a fun MOBA experience that they can enjoy without dedicating their lives to learning the ins and outs of the game), but a few hundred million players have made those games nothing to sneer at. Their appeal is obviously very real.

2 Likes