Update 4.2 First Impressions

You don’t nerf the empowered attacks (amount of them) to nerf the energy.

They nerfed his range and the empowered attacks to nerf the harassment his WP path could do. Energy has nothing to do here. If they wanted to touch his energy, they would have simply reduce the amount of energy he recharge when dealing damage. Phinn was nerfed because he was top tier, and instead of needing his utility or damage they decided to make him more energy hungry.

Dunno why people feels that his captain patch was not nerfed by a lot… the range was really important for energy restoration and early pressure that was adagio’s “shine moment” or atleast one of the strong match periods. The other numbers changes if he doesn’t build CP are also not helping.

2 Likes

Phin was not top tier in 4.1. Rarely seen in t10 games and most of the time didn’t contribute to his team the same way as other captains would/did.

He was, after Lyra and Yates, the best captain in 4.1

Too bad the heroes stats are not updated for few updates to prove you wrong. Sorry, but in high t10 and silver noone picked him or when someone did it was weakling and that team lost the game. After the removal of the healing contract - he is practice target in mid that can easily be bullied and lead to fed enemy team mid and ahead enemy support. But ok, he was meta. :rofl:

Adagio was nerfed in general in all his paths, but energy changes arent the reason for the nerf. They wanted to kill WP Adagio (like they did with WP Ardan), which was impossible to do without nerfing the others.

1 Like

In what server? In EU he was top tier, though he was used more as counter to Yates.

I agree on that one, his stats that gave support adagio decent pressure and dmg combined with WP was really pressuring.

In EU and I play mostly with silvers in the last patches, dunno why you think in 4.1 adagio was not better than phin after the contract removal and healing importance buff. Even grace will do a lot more work than phin after the nerfs and passive healing removal.

Edit: typo, I meant adagio IS better.

From what I’ve seen he is picked in many matches, so maybe we have seen different matches?

Maybe, but lorelai, churn and adagio was preferred in my games.

I guess you meant the opposite? Otherwise It doesnt help your argument.

No one used Grace as roam in 4.1.

The roams i saw in all the matches are (4.1): lyra, yates (if not banned), phin, maybe lorelai too.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen CW in a while, and Adagio only as WP (I was the only one using him as roam :frowning:) so basically what @Guest_78, Phinn was picked often in our matches

I’m just waiting for Ardan buffs.

They buffed roams’ damage so they were more relevant, but they became so strong that got nerfed, however instead of nerfing his damage they nerfed his utility, energy costs… So basically his utility has been greatly reduced and as a result most roams are just not relevant at all except for their damage, so the only ones who has CC or other utility habilities that can be impactful are the top roams atm, while the others remain as off meta roams (Ardan).

In that order ok , if someone want to play wp adagio then for sure you won’t see roam adagio in your games , but if no one playing him wp he is better than phinn for sure , I prefer adagio over Lyra last patch and still this patch I see adagio with energy management better than her but the range is making things difficult so I need to trade health and energy with the long range I could get back my energy without risking health now I need to drop hit points by getting closer to get my energy back .

Ardan doesn’t need any buffs he’s really strong.

So can anyone give me the verdict on Caine, based on ranked games played at 2400 elo +

Typo, adagio is better as stated in other comment where I list meta better roams that patch.

I played her with around 70% win rate in high bronze/silver last patches. I am not average example for that hero tho as I main her as support from release @ 3vs3 times.