Took a while but I am finally here to answer any questions I am allowed to answer

Dude~! don’t mention Reza~! We need him~!.. too late now…

What do you actually mean by future question?

I’m finding Reza to be very oppressive and shoudn’t a relatively high skill cap hero like Reza have a lower winrate than 50%?
I’m finding Lance also to be very strong right now. Will need to test more tho.
Last question are you happy with current state of celeste. She’s still arguably the best midlaner

2 Likes

If you had to choose, which category (weapon, crystal, defense, misc.) needs a new item the most, and what role do you think it should play?

Personally, I think CP tree needs a bit more diversity, as well as defense, to prevent the overuse of Aegis. Although seeing a new misc. Item would be really neat as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

If your asking a question about something in the future then I can’t answer as I answered in the past.

This is not completely true. There are several high skill cap heroes who have 50% win rates. Its true the ones with lower than 50% win rates tend to be higher skill cap heroes though. If your finding reza to be oppressive then I would recommend changing things up. Maybe running a tankier hero, building slumbering husk or running anti-assassin type supports like Ardan and Grace. One of the things about the meta is learning to adapt to it. Thats how players are forced to change and grow.

I think the nerfs toned her down quite a bit but happy that shes still solid.

2 Likes

I would say a new support item. It gets a little stale building the same items for the last 4 years. (Fountain, Crucible and Atlas)

10 Likes

yeah, please add some new items so build paths are more diverse.

Oh ok so is it ok if I ask the same qeustions in present terms (although I said I was asking the last question rip)
Are you happy with the current state of slumbering husk, Lorelai, Petal?
Ummm there’s no way I’ll build SH. Aegis is much better and has a reflex block. And I didn’t mean Reza is oppressive to the heroes I play but I find him oppressive compared to other heores as whole even when playing as a team.

2 Likes

Lorelai is fine but her skill floor is to high for most players. Petal is a niche counter pick. Shes tricky to balance since she has so much in her kit. Slumbering husk the main thing I don’t like about it are that its stats fight against itself. Reza is annoying but I find Malene so much more oppressive than Reza.

3 Likes

can’t it just be like cath’s bubble which is based on base health?

Yeah Lorelai is a good captain but her early game is so meh. Would appreciate some QOL changes to her.
Petal is just so unreliable. Her munion health need to be beefed up.
Regarding SH how about changing it so it depends on the percentage of damage taken cuz I’ve had caths ult proc it’s passive. So I lose it’s passive and have to eat a silence aswell while a reflex block would have been much better.
Well for me Malene never makes it out of the ban stage so I still havent faced her more than two times.
And once again thank you for taking your time to answer these questions. Your insight has been helpful

2 Likes

Hey Nivmett, can you please make updates shorter. Like can only download the actual update and not the whole game all over again

2 Likes

Im sorry thats not possible since when we change things we are altering often the base code of the game. Then again I’m not an engineer so what do I know. XD You need Tommy Krul for this one.

2 Likes

Hi Nivmett

Although this is a future question, I am gonna ask anyway. Are there any plans for an Oceania server? I feel that us, the Australians are neglected. Yes, there are Australian servers in private mode, and I am lovin the no ping feeling, but it is really hard and annoying to play on 200-300 ms constantly. Not to mention that I am in poa…

Hey Nivmett, sorry for my english, why do you nerf/buff heroes so hard. I mean if there is a hero overpovered then why do you nerf him/her to the ground? Why not modify stats just a little bit and if still needs some more nerfing next month another bit, until you reach the best result.

I feel like you guys making 3v3 suffer with the strong heroes because you expecting double banned ? , the 3v3 mode promised a double banned and still not there , i want your opinion about double banned if its fair or not for 3v3 in the current balance changes .

I like playing roam in 3v3 more than 5v5 because of the small map and i can walk around , while in 5v5 its hard to walk around , give us a teleporting roaming item , i could buy early game and teleport .

YESSS Finally some DEVS are here and ACTIVE!!!

Going back to the point…

Nivemett, I have a feeling you should probably be looking at separating the build paths for Lyra atm. You see, her base damage is pretty damn high as a captain(380 in her A at the late game? That is more than Celeste’s supernova + higher AOE radies and range), and it is indirectly affecting her carry path. The reason why CP Lyra was really annoying last update was her base damage, not necessarily her ratio. Like seriously. Her A did about 500 damage last update, and that is not a big difference from her actual base damage so ya.

So in short, lowering her base damage in her A and B while increasing their ratios will pretty much fix the problem.

The base damage in her A in the late game is the main problem as it scale’s too well in terms of base damage you see. A 120 difference in overdrive is pretty in insane in my opinion.

Could be somewhat like:

Lowering base damage of her A on overdrive to 300
and increasing her CP ratio to 130%/120%

BTW I love that empowered basic attack buff this update thanks for that :3

Also, you WILL nerf Kensei next update right? He’s a bit too overboard OP, he is definitely worse than Malene. Please take a look at him or even hotfix him. He is too easy to play atm and he isn’t even released for glory yet. He is too much.

Lastly, can you please make CP Skye viable in 5v5? Because she get’s so little of the limelight \and she is pretty bad admittedly unless as a counter pick.

You could preobably make her forward barrage pass through 2 enemies but the second enemy takes like 50% damage.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for reading and I hope you respond !

2 Likes

Glad to see you here, @Nivmett, even though I tend to be among the crowd who give SEMC a lot of heat (when it’s deserved). 'takes guts to fly your true colours here, among all the criticism, and I can respect that.

As for my question:

What’s up with the matching process?

Previously, when people declined matches or dodged, the rest of the group would get preferential treatment and be matched again almost instantly, with a replacement for the no-show.
Now, it seems the whole process is starting from scratch. On average, this change increases my queue time 3x to 4x.

Is this intentional, and is there a reason behind it?

I believe (and I think @Nivmett realizes also) that most of the people who are critical of VG and SEMC are among the game’s most passionate fans and are offering their criticism in order to try to help the game succeed.

7 Likes

So I’ve noticed a significant improvement in my match maker experience (thanks for this); however dodging still appears to go unpunished, I’ll find the same guy in the same queue as me despite their just having dodged the match before.

Do you have any plans to tackle this problem?

I often find myself subject to 15 minute waits (5 min queues, 3 times for different games which are then dodged). It’s go so bad that I refuse to play 5v5 during certain times of the day because it’s almost impossible to get a match.

Sorry if I made it sound any other way.

It’s just that this corner of the community seems a little less cuddly than the reddit-crowd, for precisely the reasons you mentioned.

2 Likes