Thoughts On Number of Heroes

That’d be really interesting! Probably a mixture of Malene, with heavy combo mechanics, and Ylva, with a lot of prediction necessary to ‘charge’ the appropriate skill at the right time.

I think Invoker contributed to the inspiration of Malene. Cold Snap and Ghost Walk are very similar. What balances Invoker is his long skill animations. I like your music based hero idea. I think if escape/cc skills are limited and the other skills have unique geometric forms, it can be balanced.

This is key, despait it may being overloaded, it would require quick reflexes to chose the appropriate combination unlike Malene that can just spam abilities.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Tonal - A Musical Themed Hero

Makes me think of Ocarina of Time. Oh, the good ole days.

I feel like BOE should not be used as a crutch as the only thing making melee laners viable, it should be an optional pick up for better sustain, not the thing that makes them viable in the first place. Buff certain heroes laning capability (I feel like some bruisers such as Alpha and Grumpjaw are better restricted to jungle), not an item that benefits them.

To me Blackfeather, Kensei, and Rona are the only bruisers that feel like laners, and I think the game really just lacks proper warriors at the moment considering we only got one all of 2018. I really hope the next hero is a real bruiser with dueling potential andalternate energy.

If you actually focus on adagio , he is a musician and dancer , his heal is like a slow music , his buff is like a fast music , his ult is like the end of his master piece and the music stops then continues , so he could technically carry a musical instrument and based on the note he heals or buffs or ults .

In my opinion 60-80 is a nice sweet spot heroes wise. Once SEMC has filled out the roster with more warriors and backline supports I think they could slow down hero production to the usual 2 out of 3 patches get a hero.

Glaive can be played as top laner. Duelist… be careful with that, BF and Kensei (in their balanced modes) are supposed to be duelist, same with Idris, it Idris is more like an assassin whereas BF and Kensei are more foccus on sustaining, having another sustain-based-duelist might be very hard to balance, and would be most time out of the meta.