Tonal - A Musical Themed Hero

@hazeleyes @HipsterSkaarf

I got inspired, so here’s an impromptu hero suggestion. I thought it was going to be short, but I overdid it again. :v

Link to the webpage I used for reference.

• Name: Tonal
  • Base hero model: Undetermined. I guess you can imagine your own hero design here.

Heroic Perk: Own Tempo.

• Description:
    – Tonal moves at their own tempo. Thus, the duration any negative effects such as stuns and silences inflicted onto Tonal are reduced by 10% ~ 65% (Level 1 - 12).
    – Tonal also has dual damage type basic attack.
    — Base weapon damage: 54 - 109
    — Base crystal damage: 20 - 42 (+90% crystal power)

‘A’ ability: Allegro Strum.

• Description: Tonal strums a cheerful fast tune, increasing their pace of motion
    – A cast of this ability generates a Note of Celerity.
    – Tonal can only have up to 3 notes up at any time. The notes float above Tonal and are visible to everyone.
    – If Tonal has 3 notes, the oldest note is replaced when a new one is generated.
    – For each note of Celerity present, Tonal gains bonus attack speed and bonus movement speed.
    — Overdrive: Upon casting this ability, Tonal grants the nearest ally with bonus attack speed and movement speed equal to half of the bonuses Tonal gains from the notes of Celerity.

‘B’ ability: Soothing Adante.

• Description: Tonal strums a soothing tune that soothes their wounds and soul.
    – A cast of this ability generates a Note of Remedy.
    – Tonal can only have up to 3 notes up at any time. The notes float above Tonal and are visible to everyone.
    – If Tonal has 3 notes, the oldest note is replaced when a new one is generated.
    – For each note of Remedy present, Tonal gains bonus health and energy regen.
    — Overdrive: Upon casting this ability, Tonal heals and restores energy to the nearest ally based on the number of notes of Remedy present.

‘C’ ability: Grand Cadenza.

• Description: Tonal gathers the magical energy in their notes to create an enchanting song.
    – The ability changes based on the number of Note of Celerity (note A) and Note of Remedy (note B) Tonal has and in what order they were in at the time of casting this ability.
    – Casting this ability consumes all present notes.
    — AAA: Grand March.
    ---- Tonal plays a song that affects all allied heroes in a large radius that grants Tonal and them a boosted bonus attack speed and movement speed (higher than bonuses granted by three notes of Celerity) for a brief duration.
    — AAB: Refreshing Solo.
    ---- Tonal plays a solo tune for a targeted ally (or self) that grants rapid health and energy regeneration (higher than bonuses granted by one note of Remedy) for a brief duration.
    — ABA: Sapping Rythm.
    ---- Tonal plays a sappy tune to a targeted enemy, reducing their attack speed and movement speed (maybe equal to or more than the bonuses granted by two notes of Celerity) for a brief duration.
    — ABB: Unsettling Tune.
    ----Tonal plays a chilling song to a targeted enemy, reducing their health and energy regen (by a percentage scaling with levels of the ultimate) for a brief duration.
    — BBB: Hypnotic Performance.
    ---- Tonal dashes to a targeted location before unleashing a riveting solo that stuns (scales with levels of the ultimate) all nearby enemies by making them dance for a brief duration. Tonal is remains at the targeted location for the whole duration of the performance.
    — BBA: Encouraging Hymm.
    ---- Tonal plays a song for a targeted ally, healing them and restoring a portion of their energy. They also gain bonus movement speed for a brief duration.
    — BAB: Humming Magic.
    ---- Tonal plays a tune for themselves, cleansing any negative effects and preventing any more negative effects from affecting them for a brief duration.
    — BAA: Thief’s tune.
    ---- Tonal plays a tune for themselves, granting bonus attack speed, movement speed and some life steal on any damage dealt towards enemies and neutral objectives

Of course no stats have been fully written down cause this was very impromptu.

5 Likes

Wow, I seriously like this – should we move it to the Fan Made Hero category perhaps?

1 Like

Sure, I don’t mind.

I guess I should have posted there instead, hehe.

Just got inspired on the spot and can’t help but make it.

1 Like

Done!

Thanks!

I’ve adjusted the lines so that the hero is gender neutral. I don’t think I’ve missed anything.

I can only dream that the suggestion one day comes to VG in one shape or another, just like all the other people who make hero suggestions like this.

2 Likes

I kind of see her as a female character, but maybe that’s just because I’m familiar with Sona from League. (Plus, for some reason, I tend to play female characters in preference to male ones – I noticed that a while back when I looked at my hero proficiencies in AoV: all but one of my top 20 heroes were females. :smile:)

Edit: So, my memory isn’t what it used to be … I checked, and 3 of my top 20 are male heroes. It turns out that two of them (Rourke and Yorn) I only play if I’m forced to in ARAL or Hook Wars, and Valhein is the first hero I got when I started. Every other hero I play by choice is female … lol

2 Likes

Was gonna reply to the original thread where this idea came from but now there’s this thread. I was thinking a hero working just as you said, their abilities being notes and then having to play a short melody to get their full effect.

Dunno if there is characters like this in mobas already but this actually very much is close to hunting horn users in the monster hunter series. Certain attacks they do make different notes then they play a song of certain combinations for different effects. This is exactly what I want, I love using hunting horn and really like the idea of having to play notes and perform to get various effects than just another ability say like adagios heal with just a more musical animation cast.

Ok WOW. I read the A, I read the B, I was like, this is just gonna be a more useless version of Cinaèd but then I read the ult. and wow it’s impressive.

My only problem with them is they’re really overloaded. Unless the A and B have really short cooldowns, it’s gonna be really difficult to play the right ult at the right time, and even if they were spammable, it’ll take quite a bit of mechanical skill to play. I feel having the number of A and B notes in the kit would be enough to determine which ult he used, regardless of order. He’d still have 4 potential ults. I’m not trying to take away from how impressive this idea is, I just think it’s a little overloaded.

"easy to use " sees character bearly being able to pick it up let alone swing it. I’m guesing the item is supposed to be a joke or something ?

No? There’s other heavy weapons in the series that look like they shouldn’t be possible to use either like a great sword lol