The “R” word has invaded the news section

Aaaaaaand, my point is proven.

well yeah its his fault to say “I don’t understand the hate people on here have for Reddit.” in the same thread this picture was posted.

Like I said probability. Did that one post make you hate Reddit?

Remember when the forums closed and there were so many Reddit threads welcoming in you guys? Please don’t generalize and treat everyone like the minority every community has.

Also my intent was not to start a flame war :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The problem with reddit is the culture behind reddit creates an impossible barrier for quality to shine even if the majority does want it. As reddit is controled by the minority not the majority

oh yeah I do remember when the forums closed. this is what subreddit mods where saying around that time

also that person wasn’t just one person with one post. that was the top comment on this reddit post.
and those welcoming threads were just people being happy that the subreddit’s popularity is going to increase due to forum’s closure.
this isn’t a flame war btw. I just find it bullshit for redditors to say that “they don’t understand the hate they’re getting from forums”.

1 Like

Let me ask this @hazeleyes did the forums recieve a drop of users loging in during our “eletist joystick rants”

cant one of the devs here in the forum help spread the small but mature (after reading the roasts on here maybe not that mature) VGForums.net on the app itself. We should be considered just as important as the Reddit community too.

I would even go to the point to say we are more mature and have better topics than them. plus the ui here is way better than the reddit style but still

1 Like

Actually, our new user join rate has increased in the last month …

newusers

2 Likes

It’s difficult to separate the “Vainglory Subreddit now stinks” emotions from the “Reddit has deteriorated” disappointment, while still using Reddit almost every day for insane amounts of time for numerous things,

I love Reddit, I do, it’s a good site with interesting topics and ideas, but there are two things about Reddit I can’t shake and this is just an opinion of how I feel and not a reflection of the users within it:

1. Everything feels way, way too much like a support group,
  2. Downvote to disagree is a plague of discussion and quells interaction

If anyone from Reddit (the VG subreddit in particular) is reading this for any reason - please, join us. You don’t have to abandon the subreddit, but we honestly would love more folks to discuss things with. At least I would.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.