The “R” word has invaded the news section

Ah nice, we’re a cesspool of close-minded people.

Joke’s on them, I disagree with more than half of you on a regular.

1 Like

That right there, that’s humor. Lmao :laughing:

2 Likes

Just as they said, some people, whether they are aware of it or not, are close minded.

2 Likes

Which would win.

Well thought out, grammatically flawless hero guide which offers deep insight on the meta at all levels of play and will literally get you to Vainglorious for free if you read the whole thing

Matchmaker SUCC XD

Reddit screams “#2” from the distance at the top of its voice

I slowly wonder if maybe I’m the strange one for not loving the repetitiveness.

I spiral into a decent of madness, on my way to insanity.

I die, surrounded in darkness. The demons of my past prod me with pikes and the ghosts of my ancestors laugh at my existence. I am a human failure
|
|
|
|
|
Reddit dum.

4 Likes

i mean hey at least we dont have to change our icon or whatever everytime a hero comes out right?

I have mentioned the forums in at least 3 of my recent support tickets where I mention issues and debate about those issues. If we all do that they will check…

Well it is reddit after all…

2 Likes

How can that much stupidity fit in a short post oh god

2 Likes

Guys, stop bagging on reddit lol. If it’s not your flask of potion, then just hang out somewhere else. I didn’t see many people reaching out to that person to try and understand why they feel the way they do…

:shame: :bell: :shame: :bell: :shame: :bell:

They don’t have to do this, and it’s kind of fun, don’t you think?

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong with reddit just many things wrong with its culture. Things that should become memes turn into law somehow. Though it has been proven sites like reddit users become like sheep mainly voting based off of the existing votes. This means one person or a small group can easily control what is good and what is bad.

4 Likes

I agree. Reddit was a good idea, but the quality of any particular sub depends on the MAJORITY of its redditors (moreso than in a forum like this one), who – if they are trolls – can easily overwhelm meaningful posts by downvoting them or upvoting memes and other junk.

Stack Overflow is an example of what Reddit could be with a better user base.

Actually based on This study it only takes a minority to direct the rest of the community into a hellhole. 2 people and a simple script to auto downvote or upvote based on keywords can quickly destroy or fix a community

Good point. I forget that people are more nefarious than I am. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

That’s interesting. I wonder if there’s a volume threshold where this becomes less true. The VG sub doesn’t get huge traffic, so while people can direct a voting trend through an early vote, there isn’t a critical mass of voters following that up to amplify future votes in the way this study is talking about.

1 Like

I don’t understand the hate people on here have for Reddit. I for one use both equally, if the sub has lower quality posts or repetitive ones then that’s because of the larger (by far) user base it has, so by probability you’ll see more repetitions and more sh*tposts. We also have multiple threads about matchmaker, we also had multiple threads about golden tickets, and so on. To lump in all the sub users in the same category is not only elitist, it’s stereotyping and prejudice.

Incidentally there are plenty of posts with good discussion, but as hipster said those do tend to disappear in a day due to the nature of Reddit. For instance, TSM and Tribe have held AMAs, there are tons of people helping out newcomers, people like Excoundrel visit the sub, and so on.

Please don’t throw around those kinds of terms – it makes what is an interesting discussion into one that’s going to get dominated by emotions and salt.

1 Like

from my experience, and as been said, large problems are spammed, which is good but smaller but still important problems (like not allowing mic perms wouldnt let you play) are largely ignored (even had a comment saying to just allow and not use mic, and how ppl have lost common sense) while jokes rise quicker and stay longer

if there’s any hate its mutual and imo redditors started it

And that’s exactly the point: Reddit’s signal to noise ratio is much lower than someplace like this one. No one form of communication is perfect, of course. But the original post was simply pointing out that the devs continually point people to Reddit without mentioning other platforms (such as ours).

3 Likes