The balancing of Koshka

Taka is more of a threat than koshka. when I play Taka… koshka is very scared of me… actually… everyone is scared of me…

WP Taka is just insanely good. I kill whole teams with him.
CP taka is just… clean up crew… jump in… jump out…

Junglers are right now the most impactful role if played right, junglers put pressure on enemy laners allowing their carries to take objectives. Most games I have played have been decided in 10-15 mins with the jungler dominating with lane presence. As an ardan/grace/Catherine there is limited protection against cp assassins now as they can chunk health faster than any FoR or vangaurd can help

1 Like

Okay so you’ve missed a few updates, you missed the introduction of echo, changes to CW and possible the role out of SC. Clockwork, storm crown and echo were leading to massive chained CC abilites. Double gauntlets, double heals and double stuns which you can’t reflex block were/are OP. Throw in a nullware and utility coming out of roams is crazy it’s why they’ve changed the duration and the cooldown times on these abilites.

Baptiste had his cooldown on his main to something like 20 seconds with only a CW; he was using his ult multiple times in team fights. Chain that with a Catherine whose built an echo and the CC became oppressive. Silenced, feared stunned, silenced feared and stunned again…

Personally I think roam and jungler are going to be key positions going forward. Suppprting jungle invades, lane ganks and applying vision is going to be crucial to overall team success as laners aren’t going to be pushing lane on there own.

Alpha a pain because of the reboot time, but she’s not as mobile as the other three, for me it’s his ability which makes them so strong, they can gank bottom lane and be up in top lane 20 seconds later doing the same again.

His ability to heal, combined with stealth and mobility make him OP… Koshka is ridiculous as well but a decent Taka is going to be cleaning up in 5v5. I’ve played with him 4 times, and in each match I carried the game, I’ve not lost and I’m a terrible Taka player.

2 Likes

Alpha can escape with her A very easily. This jungle allows for more disengages via jungle monsters…

Wait until there is a hero who moves with low cooldown teleportation. At least koshka can be cc/hurt ed while moving

1 Like

I will main any blinker instantly.

Nah 5-7 is still considered early game.

lorelai? no way. You need to be a poop koshka to get caught by lorelais stuns and slows.

1 Like

Lorelais B pools are actually huge enough to zone koshka out. If you are caught in the B you are going to to eat an A from a lorelai, that is for sure. Lorelais ult removes koshkas stun on casting making it useless and leaves her still for more cc to chain. Cc is koshkas death and lorelais has both soft and hard cc in her kit

1 Like

Theory wise it makes sense. But when youre in a fight all this falls short.

2 Likes

Nope. If you are implementing it properly then it wouldn’t. Koshkas main pro is her mobility, you cut it off she is half dead.

Koshka is a great counter to Lorelai, she can avoid pools using her A, and given how squishy she is she can be burst down quickly using B. Are you sure her ult has a reflex block? I thought it was just a barrier negating DMG.

It has cc removal. So it can’t be selfcast it removes cc from a target.

Lorelai can have multiple pools at the same time. If you use A to jump in you are not going back with the slows and stuns she has. Lorelai is a very good zoner, you know what the speedy cat hates? Being zoned. Lorelai is squishy but that barrier is pretty strong and prevents her from being burst down like a balloon and her barrier can cleanse all movement impairing effects

Lorelai can have 1 pool from her B and 1 from the Ultimate. Having 2 pools at the same time is very very rare.

I considered that fish food thing as a pool too, that is what is mentioned in her hero page(it hurts quite a bit with cp). With clockwork you can have 2 pools from B at the same time for about 2 seconds+ ult pool.

The fishfood aoe is minimal. It is a laughably small area smaller than the original goop… (Incorrect)

We really need a separate Lorelai thread. Her kit is a weird amalgamation of Ardan and Lyra with a Goop/Heliogenesis combination for her A.