That extra week gave a huge advantage

Yeah they’re are no redeeming factors to a CP lane Catherine. How Ringo let you farm is beyond me, but then that’s what happens with low tier players, they don’t punish poor draft choices.

1 Like

'kay, willing to give up here. The moment someone starts making general statements about topics he obviously invested no thought in, it’s time to bow out.

Lawlz, CP Catherine in general is troll af. Not saying it can’t work with a coordinated team, but there are much better choices.

Tanky? I see cath getting blown to shreds as a full tank with bubble up…

What do you consider strengths on lane cath? Where does it benefit the player to pick cath in lane over numerous other heroes?

Serious question not trying to troll but want to know your thoughts on the matter.

Please do give up, against any decent opposition a CP - lane Catherine will be blown up, you’ll get so far behind in CS and your build will suffer.

I’ve given it thought, how does a laner get to late game with 50 odd CS? Your opposition Ringo only had 60! You should be way over 100! You then say Catherine should get jungle and roam support, great so the enemy punish other areas because youve drafted badly. Truth is the Vox hard carries this game and even he had a terrible build.

It’s terrible, vs semi decent players you’ll get exploited, there are far better options (Grace, Lance etc) if you want late game hybrid carries.

It depends a bit on who you go up against. In a lot of cases, you actually get good damage trades with your bubble up. Combined with BoE, you can usually stall your lane.
A lot of how the early laning phase works out is down to match specifics and individual plays, so I am going to just skip that part. Cathy does not shine at early game pressure either way.

She does eventually offer a huge advantage in team utility, though, and she’s very mobile. She can lock down exactly those carries she’s supposedly so bad against, and beat them 1vs1.
In team fights, her Blast Tremor is still excellent. Even in terms of damage, if you catch multiple targets, it translates to a large portion of a team’s total HP (despite single-target damage being mediocre). Add the reflects and stuns, and she can have a huge influence on how a fight works out.

I’m not going to promote her as the single most awesomest choice ever, in her current state, but she can be viable and extremely fun to play.

Clock shock Cath can stun and silence like crazy, and decent bust with after shock. Of course, your team basically won’t really have a roam and carry, so if they can make up the slack and you have leet CC skills, sure, it can be viable.

But in solo it’s pure troll…and she’ll get eaten alive on lane by any decent laner.

LOL, no, anyone who plays 5v5, including aov, will know the rotations. the extra week doesnt matter, experience does

1 Like

In a double/trip ban draft she might be a niche pick.
I see no benefits to her compared to glaive grace or lance who all are lockdown heroes but get more benefits than her.

Her stun was nerfed…

Personally, I don’t think Lance shines in 5vs5. The nerfs to his early game were pretty severe, and he never had as much impact late. Couple that with more open space, and he just isn’t in such a good spot anymore.

Between Glaive, Grace and Cathy it’s a toss-up, depending on what exactly you are hoping to achieve, and who you are playing them into.
It’s down to personal preference, too, obviously. I wouldn’t even want to pick a favourite there for myself. Both Grace and Glaive are weaker on utility, but they have a much better presence from the start of the match.
With blind-picks, I just go with who I feel like, and see how it works out.

It’s horrible now. All I get are groups of feeders. I’m stick in causal hell. It ridiculous. I really hope they adjust the ranking system for 5v5, because there is no way to solo carry a game.

What are you smoking? Lance is very very strong.

Cath less utility than grace?
A skill: Team wide barrier enemy gets slowed
B skill aoe stun that becomes unstoppable on overdrive so cath cant stun her even if she tried.
C skill a massive spike heal.

Cath has a stun which was nerfed to hell and an aoe silence…

Grace has build in cd reduction cath has none…

2 Likes

Since when is Lance not shining? I mean sure he was nerfed, but he is pretty fun and I would take both Grace, Lance, and Glaive before touching Cath

1 Like

Double that with Echo and CD build, so much fun and easily versatile

Yeah and Lance with echo or CW can keep locking a single target. Even without those items he is a better locker than cath.

His attacks are linear aoe too so he can clear lane better than cath. He is also more tanky than cath.

Catherine is trash right now, her A sucks and isn’t that long of a stun and only used to disable important abilities like saw B ,adagio ult. Her B is the only good part of her kit, her perk doesn’t matter with 5 people unloading everything on her. Her Ult can change a teamfight or two but that is the only impact she can have the entire game. Every captain is better than her right now in damage, roaming, utility aspects.
If you want damage go grace/Lorelei, Lockdown?Lance, teamfight captians? Phinn and churn, roaming captians? Flicker and fortress. If there is a Gwen on the enemy team Catherine is pretty much useless

Would you mind to share your build? I got his legendary skin in that whole blueprint debacle, and was actually looking forward to using him more… in the end, I just wasn’t impressed with the performance I could get out of him anymore, though.

The stuns are situational, and don’t perform in an identical fashion. Grace has an advantage when dealing with bruisers and in clustered team fights, while she can’t really lock down agile carries the way Cathy does.
But between a Silence that is potentially capable of crippling an entire team and a single target heal, there’s really no contest.
This has nothing to do with one kit being universally better than the other. If it was, hero design could be declared a failure off the bat. It’s just that Blast Tremor can be a fairly strong game-changer.

Edit: What the heck is up with quotes?

1 Like

Tb Ssw BP TM aegis JB/WT as carry.

Captain tb Ssw fountain crucible WT super cam.

I prefer going raw WP for the lockdown potential with high damage.

A hybrid of these items could work well too.

First game with Lance in 5v5 enemy koshka was a monster so I took aegis and SH to nullify her damage. Was going double SSw there but I should have taken BP/SB vs an enemy that mobile.

That’s not so far off… perhaps I just have to get used to the fact he was toned down a little.
Same with Cathy’s stun, by the way. Unwarranted nerf, in my eyes, and I hope it comes back a little stronger, next patch.

1 Like