That extra week gave a huge advantage

The only 2 people Varya and Adagio that actually gave me some trouble cause they were kinda more fed than even I was and I was pretty well fed were over over t4 and they were over t6 too. I was the only person on my team over t4

Weird thing 's this was three different players.

At first I thought this was some kind of meta choice that wasn’t obvious from patch notes. Took me all of 3 minutes to realise this was a low level scrub as his lane turret went down to the opposition saw, by seven minutes the snowball was real as his second turret was lost.

Welcome to 5v5 casual a free for all game which can’t take up 30 minutes of your life knowing you’ll lose. Iv avoided it for a while.because of that.

Yeah, having a competent mid laner is key, considering they might have to clutch shift to either sideline and it’s important to hold the mid lane turrets, and understand how to rotate efficiently. Also considering the endgame objective was designed to push down the mid lane it’s the most important position.

If you want the biggest impact lock in mid lane, jungle, or roam…then help hold the mid lane.

Jungle tends to get instalocked. Might try flicker roaming, it’s got to be meta this patch given how strong stealth will be.

Yeah, well… any melee laner gets eaten by Saw, early game. The trick is to be supportive until the tides turn, because Cathy can absolutely engage a Saw down the road. Not to mention she brings a ton more utility to the team.

Not everyone playing off-meta is competent at it, but you can also throw matches rather handily by not backing up those less obvious choices.

1 Like

Quite the opposite actually. Most people that play off meta are absolutely horrible. Sure, there are very few exceptions, but locking in mid lane CP Catherine is a recipe for disaster against the current mid lane power houses like Vox and Samuel. They can just out farm her while simultaneously nuking.

See, and I’m actually not that sure there, either. Both Vox and Samuel rely heavily on positioning and superior mobility to apply pressure, and Catherine is one of the few heroes who can either shut that down, or negate enough team wide damage via Blast Tremor to pull ahead in large scale fights regardless.

Of course it’s difficult to farm against heroes with longer range - but eventually the early laning phase is over, and the picture shifts completely. Or it can, if there is team cohesion, and folks are not too salty to realize.

I can’t tell you how many people dodged drafts with me picking CP Cathy into Skye, despite it being a perfect setup. So hung up on assumptions…

It can work okay…

Thats against a team of VG Bronze players - we are a mix of skill tiers I think 3 of us have reached VG Bronze whereas they were all VG Bronze.
According to VGpro I have a 93% winrate with Flicker at the mo.

Lawlz, no, CP Catherine will wrecked all game against anyone suited for mid lane. It won’t even be a match. They’ll take turret in the first 7 minutes.

Totally agree. Every 5v5 match I’ve had since 3.0, it’s blatantly obvious who’s new to it or who’s just unskilled at the game but familiar with the map.

As I was saying: So hung up on assumptions.

Post a vid of you wrecking CP Catherine mid lane. Please enlighten me…

I was T9 silver on 3v3 ranked and am absolutely having a blast…

I can instalock Krul every game, enemies are absolute trash and so are allies, but that doesn’t bother me. Kruls passive makes traversing on the rise easy and ganking even easier.

I dunno what anyone is doing but I’m free to take all jungle camps, set my own vision, kill whatever laner steps up and push any lane I just ganked on… It’s heavenly.

Honestly though it’s kinda boring, because you only need 3 turrets from any given lane to reach base then it’s GGs. Also, this may not be on purpose, but 5v5 isn’t good enough to displace the 3v3 experience for me.

Haha, with shiver Steal early game Krul is kinda broken. However yeah, noon melee roams don’t kite out his weakness stacks and try to face tank him instead of letting the range kit him out.

He’s annoying af in 5v5 especially that it’s rare to have a roam who actually knows how to peal.

I won’t start streaming for you, sorry, but here’s a screen of the first match I got to play Cathy mid (against Ringo / Phinn, the actual issue was Phinn).
firefox
Matchmaker is obviously lopsided, but it was 4vs5, too. So yeah.

This is a tiny sample size, but it is also exactly what I predicted: Early laning phase, you get under pressure. But the longer the match lasts, the more Cathy’s utility can be capitalized on.

I’ve played 5v5 four times and i’m still significantly better than like, everyone else (disclaimer: I don’t actually believe i’m better than everyone else). My jungler is always awful though. Not once do they touch the other side of the jungle, but that’s good for me. I went top lane Krul and I push back the enemy lane then farm the jungle until enemy manages to push back up. Ez gold and xp.

Lawlz, the Ringo is worthy foe bronze…

Yes. You wanted one match where it worked. It was a stupid requirement (because I can always win one match if I play enough - no matter against who), but I was so kind to oblige.

Stop moving the goalposts now.

That CS lol… seriously scrubs are scrubs, let’s not pretend playing offmeta hero like lane CP Catherine is viable vs someone of a similiar skill tier. It isn’t…

Look, obviously I can’t farm vs a Phinn dragging me under a ranged hero constantly. Yeah, tough times. There’s 1vs2 scenarios where your CS will look just as shit on a Meta laner, because you got cancelled out by that specific pair of heroes.

Does it matter, as long as my team wins all fights? No, it doesn’t. And that’s the entire point: Lane Cathy has some substantial weaknesses, but she also has advantages over traditional laners.
Now you can keep doing the Ikaika and be all “lulz bUt t3h MehTa!1!!eleven!”, or you can simply say that it’s a trade-off you are not willing to make, personally. The latter is completely acceptable - just skip the part where you claim there are no redeeming factors for sub-optimal CS.