Semc pushing for faster games has ruined the competitive scene

Wow that’s horrific, has the player pool dried up to such an extent?

Ps - noticed you’ve avoided 5v5, I’m assuming that vast majority of the player bae have migrated to this format.

It looks so cheap in comparison to VG, that’s my issue with most of the other platforms… it’s like a 12 year old has been five license to make a game!

Ps - you’re right dodging is now at epidemic levels, I’ll admit I’ve dont it when I’ve seen know trolls on my side of the draft (getting locked in with someone who always plays saw no matter what isn’t much fun).

1 Like

It can be if the person is a good conversation saw but overall most saw players I have come across are not the case

He has played over 400 matches, he always plays saw, I dodged a game but got him immodestly afterwards.

Guess what, he was awful and we lost, he took up our captains entire game whilst I was getting 2/3 manned in top lane for the majority of the early game. He ended up 2/7/5 doing exactly half the amount of DMG I did (just 19k wtf). In his last ten 5v5 he has won 1 where he was carried by his team judging from VGPro.

Do I really have to play with him? Seems I do, despite his troll like behaviour (if you don’t have a captain he’ll still lock in saw and double lane whils laughing about it). Anyone playing tier 9 in EU has probably come across him at some point.

1 Like

Gankstars last season. After R3cked and Iraqi quit, they were headed straight to challengers. I felt really sorry for XenoTek.

Yeah OTPs are very funny sometimes. Most of them are legends in soloq now.

2 Likes

Right now 3v3 is the most played mode (5v5 and 3v3 are almost played the same, but right now 3v3 a little bit more).

What’s that statement based on? Asking because it goes against all the evidence I have seen.

I think in one of the API sites? I’m not sure, someone posted it in Reddit.

That’s not what I’m seeing with Andi, but I’m not tracking that information in detail …

Hmm, that’s a good idea … :thinking:

I’ll get back to you on this!

1 Like

Rofl that’s the guy… man he is toxic, I always seem to draft with him rather than against him. Shame, would be free elo!!

1 Like

Hahahaha he’s like cwgg13 and BanderaUA were in 3v3. Nobody likes them but at least they’re popular now lol.

1 Like

Too funny, you’be turned my frown upside down, cheered me up no end! Lol

It feels like Vainglory shouldn’t even have a competitive scene. I remember Hazeleye’s making a post somewhere (I can’t find it) about making the game great and it will grow naturally.

All the TOP Competitive games have grown out of being a great game to play. Interest in the game grows due to it actually being such fun it spreads like wildfire.

There was a time where there was no such thing as a competitive Scene. It didn’t exist. Players just wanted to see who’s best and got together to challenge each other.

Eventually, from just purely having fun and Massive interest in “who’s the best”… the competitive scene was born.

Vainglory can’t take shortcuts. Grow the game by making it great. Polish the game. Take out bugs. Make it buttery smooth.

Oh, and I also would like games to last longer, but not by adjusting numbers. By giving more content. Grow the complexity of the map, heroes and items, so a 30 minute game never gets boring.

1 Like

So true you can’t force esports if you do you just ruined the gaming experience and spent too much money on something that is bound to flop once you take out your money. Esports should always be made by and for the community with semc having no part in it until it has grown sizeable on its own.