Semc pushing for faster games has ruined the competitive scene

It is the worst piece of shit I have ever seen lol.
Deinstalled within 1 hour.

And reinstalled and playing it instead of vainglory. It tells you of the current state of VG…

1 Like

I personally don’t like slow games but matches in VG feel slower then most mobas. I think the uninteresting game play of VGL has to do with how the game literally plays when you look at LoL, Smite, HoTs, or DOTA 2 all of the characters move a lot faster then VG and their abilities are smoother. SEMC also need to add more items for counterplay everyone builds the same build every time and it’s because of the little amount of items. Do devs actually read these forums?

2 Likes

One thing people aren’t understanding is that the game isn’t always in the exact place SEMC wants it. I’ve talked to devs who would prefer 18-22m matches just like us.

However they have the stats, and from what I’ve heard many solo Q games were going 40+m. SEMC doesn’t want lightning fast snowballing games, but they don’t want solo Q matches to drag on forever.

2 Likes

I prefer a match 25+ minutes anything going past the 25 minute mark means it was a good challenging game on each side

1 Like

As you now see, despite all it’s flaws, VG gameplay wise is still top quality

Until the 3.3 patch comes around

1 Like

TLDR: Matchmaking is a huge factor in this “snowball” meta in SoloQ and unfamiliarity could be the reason why the first couple of weeks had really quick matches in the VPL. Ghostwing does need a tone down, but the “mechanic” itself is pretty good.

Tbh that ghostwing buff actually made the game more “complex.” It needs to be toned down but the buff itself really is a buff. As people are getting more and more used to this the matches are being drawn out more and more (based on the more recent VPL games.)
This snowball meta, like all metas, was not a creation of SEMC but instead a creation made by the playerbase as it interacts with it. We only had 5v5 for a couple of patches and we’re still getting used to this 5v5 meta. SEMC adding the turret destruction element to the ghostwing buff is just something we have to get used to and prioritize/delay the enemies.
Not specifically, something that has been said here but “turtling” is possible to do in 5v5 although it should be replaced with better wording which would be Hey I’m getting 3v1 top lane right now how about you guys use this to your advantage and destroy the mid and bot turrets hmm?
Personally, in a really balanced match (has anyone noticed that matchmaker is drastically better than before or is it just me?) games last 25-30 minute mark, but in one-sided matches, I get stomped or I stomp the enemy, and matches end super quick.

You mean split pushing? XD

Oh god30

shh don’t tell everyone that there’s a reason why I put a TLDR :eyes: let them group up in mid and play this snowball meta

No I quit because I had more time queing than playing.

VG is dead. Devs are idiots who prioritize completely wrong

3 Likes

Yeah, waiting more than playing and to make it worse a mobile game - this is a disaster.

3 Likes

The worst news is that the queue times for new players may be even worse than they are for those of us playing higher up. As I do from time to time, I created a new account last weekend to see how the new player experience is these days. Tl;dr … it’s horrible – here are my first 10 matches on a brand new account:

1. bot match (this has always been the case, I assume so the new player has a good first match experience)
  2. casual 3v3 - went well, I played Taka and we won easily
  3. casual 3v3 - played support, couldn’t save my unskilled teammates
  4. casual 3v3 - played lane, 15 kills but lost to a much more skilled enemy team (yay, matchmaker)
  5. casual 3v3 - played Taka again, 10 kills, 14 assists, still lost because … teammates
  6. casual 3v3 - 1 minute in queue, then got placed in a match with 5 bots … what?
  7. casual 3v3 - 1 minute in queue, another all bot match … wtf???
  8. casual 3v3 - 20 minutes in queue, gave up
  9. casual 3v3 - 18 minutes in queue, gave up
  10. battle royale - 6 minutes in queue, gave up

No wonder the game isn’t growing.

4 Likes

Honestly if i get a que over 3 minutes i close the game for the day and is reason i haven’t played for a few days

2 Likes

Is everyone giving up? I haven’t played in over a week and while I still feel the need to play again just remembering the queue times and matchmaking makes me stay away atleast until the next update.

Well the matchmaker won’t improve unless you rate matches and use thumbs

I do. I use it every match, there seems to be no signs of improvement.

1 Like

When you do find a match some asshole will dodge…

I have switched over to dungeon hunter champions. It is riddled with bugs but so is vainglory. At least there I get to play a game…

Vainglory now making more experimental elements is a joke. The game is unfinished beyond anything I’ve ever seen…

1 Like

I’ve tried it, but I am not too impressed yet. Still in the early parts of the 1st campaign thingy, though, so I’m trying to keep an open mind.

I agree with you. The game feels like a beta version these days, and has, really, ever since 2.12.

3 Likes

The arena is nice and when you read into hero kits there are some pretty epic chains and effects that are not seen at first glance.

The reason I play is the sense of progression which sorely lacks in vainglory.

Yeah I can’t recall a single match I’ve played in which has snowballed like the VPL matches tend to. I soloq and you just don’t have that level of symmetry with team mates when you’re playing with randoms.

It’s a quandary for SEMC, satisfy the players or tweak the game so esports is better. What to do, what to do?

1 Like