RWBY Pre-Vol 7 Interlude Thread

Whoops, I thought he had a saxaphone in his hand.

1 Like

:saxophone: Saxophone on left, :trumpet: trumpet on right

1 Like

I honestly don’t know why I thought of a saxophone when it was clearly a trumpet.

1 Like

Never mind Flynt, I’m totally loving Neon duck! Her song is now running around my head and I can’t get it to stop!

1 Like

I was about to ask you what song you were referring to when I saw you edit it in. I’ll give it a listen when I’m not surrounded by people lol

1 Like

It’s KILLING me that Vol 7 is still 6 months away!

The hashtag #ThisIsAnimation is trending on Twitter right now, and several folks who’ve worked on RWBY have posted to introduce themselves:

Absolutely gorgeous fan art by 泉彩 Sai Izumi

1 Like

(Artist: Nonsuch)

Happy Kentucky Derby Day!

1 Like

We appear to have a release date for Volume 6 on Blu-ray (and presumably iTunes as well): multiple sites are listing July 2nd as the date it hits the shelves! Running time will be 354 minutes …

Also, if you don’t already have the first 5 volumes on Blu-ray, you can now get all of them in a recently-released set for a good price!

I was excited to come across these today: a set of sketches and the corresponding fully rendered drawings of our heroines by the amazing Einlee – these were created for the Japanese division of Warner Brothers. The sketches remind me very much of those she made for the manga covers!

2 Likes

Sana Freeman just posted her design for Raven’s tent from Volume 5 — how did I not notice her bed in there???

2 Likes

CloudApp

Soooooo, based on this tweet from Miles, I guess we’ll be seeing a lot of the general in Vol 7 … (not really a surprise, but still! :star_struck:)

Also

“Ironwoof” :rofl:

Tooootally unrelated, but my wife is one of those people who pronounces “wolf” as “woof” and we have an inside joke about how if Theon (game of thrones) had a direwolf, it’d be an ironwoof. It’s funny, trust me. :sunny_happy_2:

This has been a HipsterSkaarf intermission; back to RWBY.

3 Likes

do i smell corruption?!

2 Likes

The beautiful courtyard outside the Schnee manor house where Weiss’s Volume 5 character short takes place. Design by the talented Sana Freeman

1 Like

Arryn is doing a very cool “FaceTime” like session via Unlocked Live where she’ll chat with you and write you a personalized autograph that she’ll send to you after the session! It’s tonight, so sign up right away if you’re interested – sounds like there are still spots open! Cost is $35

FYI: In real life, Arryn is an absolutely lovely person and extremely sweet and funny, so don’t hesitate to sign up if you’re a fan!

This was SOOOOO fun! (And Arryn actually recognized me! :open_mouth:)

I watched the whole stream – she’s really, truly the sweetest person!

3 Likes
Some semi-RWBY related leaks (not about the actual series)

A patch for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle (which has RWBY characters) dropped yesterday night and datamines revealed announcer voicelines for Jaune, Pyrrha, Nora, Lie Ren, Sun, Cinder, Roman, Neo, Emerald, and Adam. While the datamine doesn’t exactly confirm them as dlc (seeing as they could just be dummy voicelines, especially considering how many voicelines were datamined), I honestly want all of them to get in. I’d main the heck out of Torchwick.

3 Likes

Came across this fantastic concept painting for the south gate of Argus today! I’m still trying to find out who the artist is – when I do, I’ll edit this post. I just love the mood of this piece!

Also

Even though this takes place in Vol 6, the artist has painted Yang in her Vol 1-3 outfit, and her right arm has made a miraculous reappearance!

1 Like