Ping to show lag?

Is it possible to put an ms or ping counter on the scoreboard. Or announce your ping as a …ping

My reason why will this be useful
-like for example you want to play a match you look at the top right of the play button and see and wow i’ve got a good ping today (78ms)
So you decide to play a ranked match then…whoooops
The ms counter lied to you and now you’re stuck in a match with 500ms spiking to 2500+ms how will you tell you’re lagging. surely enough on my experience when you use the :vg_go: with the :sad: people still doesn’t understand and thinks you’re trolling.

And for that i suggest to have an ms counter on the scoreboard. :vgcheersx3:

5 Likes

Only for team mates though if you opponents can see it too they can abuse it by spotting the laggy player and bumrushing them

6 Likes

Might help, sometimes it hard to tell s someone has lag issues or is just being a dick!

I have faced this exact issue and I’m a little unsure of how to communicate the lag to my team.

This would help.

As suggested by @Satanicsoldier maybe just a private ping to teammates only.

3 Likes

Yeah i agree. Although i doubt if SEMC even do this simce they always…you know…

I would love to have a private ping related to lag. It wouldn’t be toxic - in fact, it may lead to less toxicity, as I can understand internet issues more than thinking someone is trolling or feeding

2 Likes

My last match I got a 250000ms right before getting ganked or when blackclaw was unleashed

1 Like

similar situation happened to me. spiked to 15000ms at the exact moment of getting ganked by Rona.

All i saw was me dieing… din’t even see her attacking me.

24 posts were split to a new topic: OMW - “on my way” or “retreat”?

I don’t know how to tell my teammates I’m lagging. A team-wide ping would be very good!

People have been asking ever since they first added pings, still nothing.

The main issue with a lag ping is that it wouldn’t “send” until the lag was resolved. So for big lag spikes, you wouldn’t be able to use it when you need to.

I think showing the ms on the scoreboard or in the hero healthbar might be a good idea though. If someone is having a constant 300 that would be good to know, and I think possible to implement.

5 Likes

I had awful lag spikes in brawl and 5v5 yesterday. I missed every single skillshot for a solid 5 mins because I was sling shotting all over the place. It was right in the middle of late game too. Even in NA, with the famously “decent” ping these problems exist smh.

A way to communicate that would be nice. Playing as a new insta-locker waifu Malene they must have thought I was trolling. I must have gotten reported a bunch… LPQ here I come.

So far i have yet to see a decent ping in NA unless you cout 95-130 decent which I don’t as a decen ping is 59-70 with a good 50-59 and great is under 50. Maybe i have been spoiled by the pc though

Hope they implent it. it would reduce the toxicity…not all but would help in communicating with your allies.

2 Likes

The initial point of the ping would be to let your teammates know you lagged. This way, they wouldn’t get mad at you, just the game for sucking.

1 Like

Really? I almost always have very few problems with ping, and I’ve heard a lot of people say that NA has better ping than any other region.