Pc & vg omg

So I fired it up tonight, it’s difficult to get used to the controls being so used to touch buts it’s definately playable.

Can see what you mean re map size, get a huge area of vision far in excess of what I’d get on my iPad mini.

I’ll gice it a go in casual see how I get on over the next week or so.

1 Like

i really don’t see a problem with providing the option for a more zoomed out field of view for those with a tablet 10.5" or higher.

i’ve been wondering for a long long time why this option isn’t available, and it seems there is nothing holding them back, as they have applied it to the PC version.

C’mon SEMC, put some effort in and give us more ZOOM options.

1 Like

i like your keyboard :heart_eyes_cat:

i don’t have a pc so i have nothing constructive to add ;;;;;-;

2 Likes

But people who play on PC have the option to play VG. Almost every person has a phone and if they have money to have a PC that run those mobas they more then likely have money to have a phone that runs VG. And phones are cheaper then gaming PCs I just don’t see this helping but if it does that’s good I guess.

1 Like

Some people don’t like playing games on their phone or at least not really ‘difficult’ games on their phone but still have a gaming pc, some don’t have room for vg or their phone isn’t used for games really and same maybe in cases of tablets. In the end it’ll probably gain some new players like those that do play on tablets but still try get vg running on pc or do wish for a legit vg release on pc because they prefer a mouse and keyboard. Also maybe get a new market of players to at least try vg too, that being pc only or majority pc gamers.

Doubt it’ll be that big of a deal and doing this does make it now compete with other pc mobas but I think vg has already been seen by most of its potential players on mobile and if it can’t hold/gain a good player base there it needs to look elsewhere

1 Like

Wish I was this rich, poor me is stuck on GTX1030

Wish i was this decked out…poor me is stuck on IntelHD3000

(for real tho #grindlife)

People who have a gaming PC typicaly won’t play a mobile game, why would you? Controls on PCs are different… and PCs are clearly a better gaming experience (my 28” monitor is better than a phone).

I really can’t see why providing a multi platform game is a bad thing. It’ll only add to the number of players, and this has to be a good thing for the community as it’ll reduce wait times, improve match maker and provide SEMC with better revenue streams to facilitate better investment into there game.

If you want my setup it comes at 600$, possibly the cheapest gaming laptop out there worth buying. Acer aspire 5 comes with i5 8th gen and MX 150(GTX1030).

Dota or LoL are very difficult for a new player to the genre to pick up due to the huge hero pools and amount of items available.

VG offers a full MOBA experience but a shorter learning curve for newer players. Hopefully this will attract both new players and also ones that are bored of existing ones / metas.

The shorter games could also be attractive and again attract a subset of existing MOBA players.

Finally, as VGs competitive scene perhaps begins from scratch and is allowd to grow organically, this is yet another pool of players to draw from. Pros or aspiring pros from other MOBAs may see VG as a game that they can rapidly transition to and be able to legitimately compete in.

So I can’t see how cross platform will do anything other than explode this game if they continue in the vain of recent months

Edit:
P.s. downloaded it on a circa 2014 15” MBP retina and it plays like a dream and looks absolutely gorgeous!

2 Likes

They let go key team members and cut costs just to survive and you put them vs lol/dota 2 that are product of companies that are big and successful with a lot of games.

Also as I played both dota 1 (from betas), dota 2 and lol, I can say that while VG learning curve is lower it’s still too big for to be the deciding factor when someone is picking up a moba. Also comparing the depth of gameplay vs lol would be… well, no - more items, more strategy, more heroes, more combos of heroes, etc for lol. Both next to dota 2 are simple as f. For the pro scene - they killed it in a way that I don’t think it will ever recovered. Only maybe if they start to put $$$ tournaments, but they clearly won’t have money for that even if they are on +.

A lot of people here talked like you about 5vs5. How it will be huge, how it will drag even players from lol/dota (lol) and so on. It flopped, most likely the PC version will also flop as SEMC don’t have the resources to support even the simple mobile version. Also the PC players will have huge advantage over the mobile ones if it’s not fixed from the current variant. We will see, let’s just not bring our hopes too much. I also want it to succeed, but with all the things they did recently… yeah

I see it a bit differently. VG going PC doesn’t mean they’d compete with lol or dota directly. You’re saying it as if they’d lose players from that. There were no PC VG players as there was no PC version. Now if someone plays on PC even if it’s not many it would be new or existing players switching. Not losing players.

Neither did I say it will lose players, just it won’t bring a lot of new ones + the pc currently brings A LOT more visible area bringing huge advantage, especially on high level. The difference if I see the fed ringo coming at me even second earlier will be the win/lose of the match. Not to mention the easier target of abilities in team fights, support abilities also and easier knowing what’s going on, general targeting specific player in clutter fight, roam judging HP’s easier and using items more on time. Can go on and on what 28 inch monitor brings vs 5.5 inch. :slight_smile:

You said it puts VG directly against lol and dota. That’s why I said that it’s not gonna suffer from that in my opinion as it would just fill another area. It won’t be bigger that them that’s pretty clear.

It is true PC players see more but they also have fog of war. Which fits in Mobile screen. It is also true that they’d see more in team fights because of ally vision but mobile also can see as far as they can fight. On the other hand the Ringo that you say is gonna cost you the game would have a hard time stutterstepping if you ask me.

1 Like

I’ve a different view on the “letting people go”… VG invested a huge chunk of their marketing budget on running the competitive scene. Unfortunately many of those teams failed to deliver, they were obliged to publicise the game using social media and virtually nobody complied. Instead they’ve devoted that budget to advertising.

It’s s clear to me they’ve gone for broke on he lost 12 months, probably at the request of their investors. They’ve evolved the touch controls (joysticks) improves the UI and have now launched into PC. I’ve tried the Pc version and playing it on my 28” inch was enjoyable, the controls aren’t intuitive but I’ll stick used to them.

No other game is now as accessible, opening it up to the PC market can only be a positive experience (sure at a competitive level Pc will have an advantage), for the casual players they can access the game and play in a variety of ways. They deserve some credit for making this leap, it’s a huge risk on there part.

3 Likes

Dungeon hunter champions is as accessible…

Idk why, but i play it smooth in my potato laptop
I like it

Now that I’ve tried it I gotta say it is pretty good. The performance is great. I’ve never played a PC moba for more than like 2 days but I got used to it pretty quickly. I am still better on tablet but after about 3 days it’s not that far off. Some heroes are even better on PC but others are pretty hard and barely playable. Samuel is really really good on PC. I play him better on PC than on tablet. Might be that I actually have 60 fps I don’t know but it’s easier. I had the opposite result with Celeste though. She’s really hard on PC. I even played Ringo and did kinda good (CP though, still high attack speed). I’m probably switching to PC if I can play at same level because of the FPS. It’s pretty low on my tablet.

1 Like

I can see why. SEE’ing is the key to success with samuel and playing on tablet i’m constantly using the Map Pan feature to get a full view of the fight going on.

The PC version eliminates the need for that as you can see more.

I don’t have such problem with him. But it’s very laggy on tablet and that makes me miss many skill shots. On PC the smoothness helps so much and you don’t need to constantly aim like with Celeste. Shoot 1 A every like 5 sec