Papi Baptiste

In teamfights I agree that bap owns reza and almost every assassin except taka or blackfeather. It is those 2 or 3 man skirmishes midgame where reza can outplay a Baptiste

1 Like

Heavy on assumptions but yeah in a perfect world for celeste this is the case.

However this is a team game and real 1v1s rarely happen. Unless she goes Eve first I can and will outsustain her. My A hurts her like hell. I get healing with everything I do so I go raw damage and get healing and sustainability for raw damage where you have to build items for thatā€¦

1 Like

Her A takes you straight to hell. She hits way harder than baptiste at most points of the game. Bap is pretty item dependent too , your sustain does nothing much once I get a SF. I usually go CW+SF as first two items and can ignore DE/SG until late game. There are rarely 1v1s yes but Celeste had more teamfight potential than baptiste*. The threat varies depending on comps though, dive comps with 2-3 divers wonā€™t consider Celeste a big threat and baptiste is more threating but against something like krul, Rona who can be kited a lot celeste holds the upper hand

I understand what youā€™re saying, Celeste range is an issue, Iā€™d be less concerned by Skarf as his poke is a skill shot and harder to land than Celestes A.

But I guess my point was Baptiste has huge CC abilites and if he can land a B he does huge burst DMG when empowered.

Iā€™ve started to use him more both as a roam and jungler and he has one of the most interesting kits out there.

1 Like

Not with your CW first build. You will tickle me lmaoā€¦
Meanwhile I have more than double your CP until midgame and sustainā€¦

You told people in this thread that he can destroy celeste skaarf samuel early game until they get their items ?

And you questioning reim ?! , what do you expect me to do ? Watch him farm , i steal all his farm , ill get my items before he even finish his first t3 item , he is very weak against reim early game and even in teamfights , reim needs to keep the distance and watch the soul stacks , so you can maintain fortified health to stop the burst .

Baptiste is by far one of my favourite heroes, if not my favourite if weā€™re not including Lorelai or Lyra, or Gwen. Something about his combination of ranges of attack, his abilities, and his fear really speak to me. And every hit that lands sound super satisfying. All-around his character clicks with me, I canā€™t find that with other heroes, and I can say that for quite a lot of games. I play a lot of games.

1 Like

This thread has renewed my interest in using Baptisteā€¦ Reaper of soulsā€¦ Heā€™s always been one of my favouritesā€¦ I should use him more

I love shutting down Taka with his Bā€¦ Grumpjaw as wellā€¦

Never tried WP Baptisteā€¦ maybe i shouldā€¦ Iā€™m guessing itā€™ll be as hard as WP Riemā€¦ how are you suppose to stick to your target with such slow move speedā€¦ obviously JBā€¦ but how about before that?

On that note, who would win the battle of Wp Baptiste and Wp Riem? :exploding_head: Mind blown.

2 Likes