Other Stuff We Do

I thought it’d be interesting to talk a bit about other things that interest those of us who make up this group of folks. Feel free to share your interests, hobbies, activities, pets, etc. – anything that excites you! Pics are encouraged!

5 Likes

I’ve been interested in internet security and cryptography for a really long time (dating back to the “crypto wars” of the Clinton era in the US), so I guess it was only natural that I got involved in the cryptocurrency scene. This is the small mining rig I built and which is presently hard at work mining Ethereum.

6 Likes

i liek sitting in front of a computer with friends :smiley:
Also, im learning C# and other stuff

3 Likes

@hazeleyes I’m learning basic network security to get a decent job kek (Also doing programming ofc)

3 Likes

Sorry but i barely know a thing about crypto currency. Whats a short definition of Ethereum? Sounds like a minecraft ore

Just the name of the currency like Bitcoin

oh

This text will be blurred

thanks for sharing~! i’m pretty impressed with that setup~!

i have no clue what the heck i’m looking at, but that bank of hardcore graphic cards and that monitor is probably being automated by some bot you created.

that retro keyboard. impressive.

I’m tempted to post about my me being a Mechanic… but technically, it’s a job… not a hobby. I’m also a little scared of the legalities in posting stuff from work. lol. So i’ll stick with no pictures for now.

1 Like

I’m a senior in high school.
I like programming, especially graphics.
I’m taking 2 AP Computer Science classes this year. The classes are not back-to-back in my schedule and the walk to them is a 1/4 mile from the rest of my classes in 120°F Arizona heat so that’s super duper fun to do 4 times a day pls shoot meh.

I love Vainglory–just not its current state. But the community is still good.

Pic of what I’m working on rn.

2 Likes

YOU HAVE A 3D PRINTED KRAKEN AND NEVER TOLD US? :open_mouth:
Edit: Or it might be a model… idk

1 Like

3D printed :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s fingers keep breaking off though.

is this what is going on here?

1 Like

Picture or it doesn’t really exist :wink:

7 Likes

In my case i just entered university so… Im not really working in anything right now other than prepraring for the “Big” change from school to university (for me its Big).

1 Like

seeing that kraken makes me want to learn AutoCad Maya, too bad im learning Cad Civil engineering .-.

I play with cadavers

30effin30

2 Likes

I love how most of us here are into computer science or some form of engineering. It’s pretty cool lmao

2 Likes

I dabble in both music production and photography, have a burning desire to paint but am not very good at it, and consider myself a frustrated skater. I’d kill many men to skate well but I just never will hone that talent.

EDIT: I also am very interested in learning multiple languages. I want to be fluent in many before I die.

2 Likes

I’m mainly just focusing on learning stuff that’ll help me career-wise, primarily Computer Programming, but I’ve had a pretty big interest in game design too.
Photo editing (mainly for memeing) is still one of my biggest passions, though. Even if I can’t really make professional-level edits or anything, I love doing it and I’m pretty satisfied with my skills

2 Likes